More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Re: Racist Des Moines band...

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:47 pm

DaVo wrote:[
The fact is that the reason the Nazis picked the symbol was used in just about every culture on the planet before they got a hold of it. Mostly as a good luck symbol in western culture. It was a rather common symbol especially in tile work and on building before 1940 in the US, Canada, Asia, North Africa and Europe. There is even some tile work in the Hoyt Sherman.

The fact is I'm familiar with the origins of the swastika. Yes it was used by a lot of cultures, including ancient Germanic and Scandinavians and their ancestors. It wasn't just randomly picked out of a book or anything, there is meaning behind it.

A lot of cultures do use it, but many of these cultures share common origins. White dudes (or "Aryans" if you will) came from Northern India, through Afghanistan, the Caucus Mountains, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Eastern Europe and then into Germany, Scandinavia and all points in Europe we would typically associate "Aryan" with. The genetic, linguistic and cultural effects of this migration can still be seen from India to Europe and all points in between. Hell, "Iran" and "Iraq" both mean "land of the Aryans", as does "Ireland".

Still if I met someone with a swazi tattoo and they told me they were into Aryan spirituality and reclaiming the symbol or something like that I wouldn't believe them unless they were Indian, Afghan or Persian. Even then I'd still think they were just out to push the limits of good taste.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:25 pm

OK got a first hand account of the show. It wasn't a joke in the least bit, they are full on White Power. I'm not sure who all was on the bill but from what I can gather this is a side project for members of the other bands. So ban the whole bill.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

Thom

Post by Thom » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:54 pm

OH WOW. YOU MEAN THEY WEREN'T GETTING SWASTIKAS TATTOOED ON THEM AND YELLING N***** AS PART OF AN EASTERN RELIGION?
:roll:

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:23 am

i hope my grandchildren live in a world where they can use the word nigger and get swastika tats without dudes on a message board throwing a hissy fit
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:37 am

I hope you never have grandchildren or children.

-Joe.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:39 am

i probably already have a kid in japan...
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Tampa Josh
Keepin it Real, Hatin Herb

Post by Tampa Josh » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:44 am

servo wrote:i hope my grandchildren live in a world where they can use the word nigger and get swastika tats without dudes on a message board throwing a hissy fit
I think RTL just read this, will be calling you.
Thom wrote: At least assholes like tampa josh know they hate people.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:55 am

servo wrote:i hope my grandchildren live in a world where they can use the word nigger and get swastika tats without dudes on a message board throwing a hissy fit

This is the world I'm fighting for.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:45 am

DaVo wrote:
El Rhino wrote:
DaVo wrote: 3.) to reclaim the true meaning of the symbol that has nothing to do with racism, wp or other fucked up beliefs.
Unless the person you met was Injun' (dots, not feathers), I would be highly skeptical of this. If a white person came to me with a swazi tattoo and told me it was about reclaiming the meaning of the symbol or some shit I'd just be like "come on, brah, you're hatin' 'em".
The fact is that the reason the Nazis picked the symbol was used in just about every culture on the planet before they got a hold of it. Mostly as a good luck symbol in western culture. It was a rather common symbol especially in tile work and on building before 1940 in the US, Canada, Asia, North Africa and Europe. There is even some tile work in the Hoyt Sherman.

some of hand painted walls inside the capitol have swastikas in the design.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:19 am

jjjsXe wrote: some of hand painted walls inside the capitol have swastikas in the design.

Where? Me and the kid take the tour about once a year and I don't remember them covering that part.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:37 pm

I think what is meant by "joke band" is that they may well be neo facists, but the band itself sounds worse than 6th grade talent show. So it prolly is a joke b/c they would really be fooling themselves to think they are good song writers.

I also think Ive seen the bass player hang around the index case dudes. Either way if I ever saw that joker blazin' his tats around Id prolly knock him out just for good measure for I spit in the face of neo facism. Viva La Raza!!!

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:48 pm

DaVo wrote:
jjjsXe wrote: some of hand painted walls inside the capitol have swastikas in the design.

Where? Me and the kid take the tour about once a year and I don't remember them covering that part.

they are bordered around the area that has the displays about the old capitol building and the drawing of the dsm capitol. I take that tour every summer too for my jobby job.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:22 pm

jjjsXe wrote:
DaVo wrote:

they are bordered around the area that has the displays about the old capitol building and the drawing of the dsm capitol. I take that tour every summer too for my jobby job.
Yeah me and the kid do it as the "Tour of Free". We go there, then to the Historical Building and finish the day at the Gold Star Museum at Camp Dodge. Some of the guides are really good.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:24 pm

get your kid to post
Tu vir nunc es, canis

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:08 pm

i would actually read those posts.

DaVo