More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

sams

Racist Des Moines band...

Post by sams » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:53 pm

http://www.myspace.com/swankfuck

uhh... apparently they played bricks on friday and hob shut off the sound system after they said the N-word multiple times. Time to set up a fake show... any takers?

joseph

Re: Racist Des Moines band...

Post by joseph » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:00 pm

more details please

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:19 pm

lol, I kicked one of these guys the fuck out of the Office last December because he had a swastika tattooed on his forearm. And then @nonymous's girlfriend got mad at me about it. LOL FOREVER.

Also these were the guys that were gonna get the shit kicked out of them at the Anal Cunt show and then they ran away like fucking pussies.

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:20 pm

This was the guy I kicked out:

-Joe.

Furious D

Post by Furious D » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:26 pm

They appear to also be closet homosexuals. Every other word on their page is something about gays.
....just kidding.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:01 pm

i went through their friends on myspace and all i recognize is davo
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 pm

wow.

I actually know members of this band. I used to party with their guitar player, he liked to drink with Brandon and I because we liked napalm death. I had no idea this dude was into shit like this.

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:48 pm

Joe wrote:This was the guy I kicked out:

-Joe.
Have definately seen this dude around...fuck

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 am

Joe wrote:Also these were the guys that were gonna get the shit kicked out of them at the Anal Cunt show and then they ran away like fucking pussies.

-Joe.
truth.

this is the guy that i chokeslammed after he kept seig heiling:

and this is the guy that knee'd el rhino in the face and i subsequently punched in the face a lot:

definitely up for round 2.

maxxwell
Always Touring

Post by maxxwell » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 am

fuck this and that band. seriously.
iON TOUR MOSSSSSST OF THE TIME - http://www.myspace.com/senderreceiver

ImageImage

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:04 am

JoePreppy wrote:
Joe wrote:This was the guy I kicked out:

-Joe.
Have definately seen this dude around...fuck

That's Trevor. He used to be pretty cool. I once saw him get stabbed right next to his spine (seriously).

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:05 am

servo wrote:i went through their friends on myspace and all i recognize is davo
Hmmm? Saw that they listed MOD and the Mentors and figured they were a joke band. I get some many requests from bands, I usually listen to a few songs and don't dig that far into it.

I have to say I don't think I know them and it seems like everything on myspace points toward a joke band. So the question is are they trying to shock people and be funny or is this really some kind of white power bullshit. It's funny how if you were a band from the 80s and played around with gay bashing, racism and sexism you got away with it. The key was making sure people knew it was a joke. For example Fear, Angry Samoansm SOD/MOD, Mentors, etc... This band doesn't seem to be able to pull that off or is it just the fact it's not 1985 anymore.

OH and I deleted them from my friends, that will show them!!!!
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:48 am

DaVo wrote:I have to say I don't think I know them and it seems like everything on myspace points toward a joke band.
Yeah dude, getting a giant swastika tattoo on your forearm is prettttty funny.

-Joe.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:45 am

Joe wrote:
DaVo wrote:I have to say I don't think I know them and it seems like everything on myspace points toward a joke band.
Yeah dude, getting a giant swastika tattoo on your forearm is prettttty funny.

-Joe.
OK I just went through all their photos and still haven't found a clear photo of a swastika tattoo. The only thing that came close was a tattoo that could be one on the outside of one of their arms but I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't brought it up. The page really doesn't come across as a outright racist band. Hell, there have been more racist slurs posted on this board then there is on that whole page.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:56 am

Someone message them about playing the HB or something, and instead give them the address to the Garden or some gay club.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:23 am

Before anyone tries to pull some sort of gag, it's likely that they will read this and/or your cover will be blown somehow.

That's not the guy you chokeslammed. If I remember right, that guy and the Trevor character didn't do anything during that incident. It was another guy that was taller and had a shaved head that you chokeslammed and I punched. That's definitely the knee guy though.

I've had a couple people tell me that Trevor is really a decent guy, just a little mislead. Lolz.

I put these guys more into the "shithead" category than the "racist" category, really.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:04 am

DaVo wrote: and it seems like everything on myspace points toward a joke band. So the question is are they trying to shock people and be funny or is this really some kind of white power bullshit.
thats what i was wondering

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

Bullet Tooth wrote: this is the guy that i chokeslammed after he kept seig heiling:
you need a website so i can pay to watch a video of that.

junkyard

Post by junkyard » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:35 am

tylerjames515 wrote:Someone message them about playing the HB or something, and instead give them the address to the Garden or some gay club.
hahaha

we should set up a show and lets also form a nazi band and play with them..jk

lets beat the shit out of them.
myspace.com/Ironfistshows
jdmcity.com

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:40 am

After taking a look at their myspace, I tend to agree with davo/el rhino... these guys look more like shitheads/wannabe joke-banders (saying "gay" that many times on your page + playing music that's that shitty = there's no way you can be taking yourself seriously) than anything else. And even if they are being serious, why give them the recognition by doing anything else than laughing at their retardedness and moving on with your day?

If you're getting your panties all in a bunch over this clan of beavis and buttheads I'd say you need to get a life. :lol:
i fucking rule.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 am

El Rhino wrote:Before anyone tries to pull some sort of gag, it's likely that they will read this and/or your cover will be blown somehow.
It's more likely that these guys are not smart enough to a. find this board, or b. be able to read.

And I have to disagree with everybody saying these guys are just pulling our legs. They were saying the N-word on stage. That's not something bands are just casually throwing around. Unless they are total idiots and have no idea of any social restrictions, then the only other option is that they are genuinely racist. Obviously, they're not going to get any kind of a white power scene started in Des Moines, so it's not much to worry about. But they are still for real.

sams

Post by sams » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:04 pm

fuck that. not a joke, and even if it was, fuck that.

I talked to house of bricks and trust me they are no joke. They gay-bashed and race-bashed during songs and between songs until anne, the bartender had to go downstairs and shut off the breaker. Apparently their parents were in the audience and said they came because they "knew they were trouble" and wanted to make sure no one got hurt. This is not funny, and shouldn't be taken lightly or written off as a joke. Honestly, these 3 dudes really pose no threat to anyone as far as I am concerned, but the fact that they had an audience to convey their message to is what pisses me off.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:55 pm

sams wrote:fuck that. not a joke, and even if it was, fuck that.

I talked to house of bricks and trust me they are no joke. They gay-bashed and race-bashed during songs and between songs until anne, the bartender had to go downstairs and shut off the breaker. Apparently their parents were in the audience and said they came because they "knew they were trouble" and wanted to make sure no one got hurt. This is not funny, and shouldn't be taken lightly or written off as a joke. Honestly, these 3 dudes really pose no threat to anyone as far as I am concerned, but the fact that they had an audience to convey their message to is what pisses me off.
who booked them?

and since youre a promoter what is your opinion on researching a band before putting them on a show?(im just curious)

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 pm

I don't think these guys are a "joke" like they're really not racist, but I think this band is to Anal Cunt what the Vandon Arms are to Dropkick Murphys. Come on, "The Gayest Guy In The World" for a song title?

While most racist bands exist to rock for race and nation and to bask in white brotherhood, these guys simply just want to offend you and they probably think they're hilarious while doing it. If you want to get too worked up over it, go ahead, but I think it will only encourage them.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:00 pm

El Rhino wrote: While most racist bands exist to rock for race and nation and to bask in white brotherhood, these guys simply just want to offend you and they probably think they're hilarious while doing it. If you want to get too worked up over it, go ahead, but I think it will only encourage them.
Exactly.
i fucking rule.

sams

Post by sams » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:01 pm

i def listen to all the bands before they go on my shows. Apparently one of the openers put the show together for bricks and that is how it slipped the system.

sams

Post by sams » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Crumpty Williams wrote:
El Rhino wrote: While most racist bands exist to rock for race and nation and to bask in white brotherhood, these guys simply just want to offend you and they probably think they're hilarious while doing it. If you want to get too worked up over it, go ahead, but I think it will only encourage them.
Exactly.

You are totally assuming their intentions. I don't think these people deserve anything other than a literal interpretation. You can't give scumbags that much credit. Me getting "worked up" over it is not going to make their show any bigger, i assure you that.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:39 pm

i love anne.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 pm

sams wrote:
Crumpty Williams wrote:
Exactly.

You are totally assuming their intentions. I don't think these people deserve anything other than a literal interpretation. You can't give scumbags that much credit. Me getting "worked up" over it is not going to make their show any bigger, i assure you that.
Yes they do in fact think they are funny. Are they using their shitty humor to mask some deep homo-erotic, racist love for other white men? Maybe. Has the joke wore off a long time ago? Yes. Are they penises small enough to get all worked up over their little show being talked about on here? Yup, most racist are small insecure little attention hungry twits that crave the attention they never got in high school. Usually left to their own devices they do something stupid and end up as wife for the white brotherhood in jail or wise up and get out of it.

Let's look at what they have gained from their little show:
  • 1. They are banned from the only club that may have put up with it.
    2, Ever promoter that works does shows they would have fit in, now knows they are racist, joke band or not.
    3. It's a small town and no one is going to book them a show anywhere.
    4. They have gained no new audience and will go back to playing their basement to the handful of friends they have.
As a strong believer in free speech, Everyone has the right to say whatever fucked up thing they want at least once. I've always felt that the best way to deal with racist is to just let them run their mouth. Nothing is a more effective tool to fighting racism then the shit that runs out of their mouths. That said, I find them really tired and rather boring so I wouldn't book this band. However, I'd still book or go to see Fear, SOD/MOD, The Meatmen and the Angry Samoans. The biggest difference is that they are in fact talented and are funny.

By the way, the Meatmen have been playing out again for a while and it's about time Des Moines had a show worth going to see. Hint, Hint, Hint and more hints.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:50 pm

DaVo wrote:By the way, the Meatmen have been playing out again for a while and it's about time Des Moines had a show worth going to see. Hint, Hint, Hint and more hints.
the meatmen suck. hint hint. theres at least 1 show a week in DSM worth going to see.