More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Crumpty Williams » Mon May 05, 2008 2:02 pm

What do y'all think of them.. generally/specifically?

At this point I'm pretty sure a diabolically evil secret elite is running the whole world and has been for centuries...
i fucking rule.

joseph

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Post by joseph » Mon May 05, 2008 2:23 pm

theres crack in malt liquor & theres weeds outside.

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Mon May 05, 2008 2:29 pm

I like seeing where they lead, but I don't really buy a whole lot of them. Even if I did, what is there to do about them? If a group of people really has been running the whole world for this long... probably not gonna stop them.
Seriously

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon May 05, 2008 2:33 pm

THERE'S A DUDE THAT PUTS NEEDLES CONTAMINATED WITH AIDS IN COIN RETURN SLOTS ON PAYPHONES.

Oh wait, is that an urban legend?

-Joe.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Mon May 05, 2008 2:48 pm

I think no one is running nothing and everything works because people want it to, or doesn't work because they don't want it to. Example: Worth.

crow

Post by crow » Mon May 05, 2008 3:10 pm

mel's performance was pretty sweet.
"boobiez and buttz"
- u-god of the wu tang clan

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Mon May 05, 2008 6:32 pm

Hank Fist wrote:I think no one is running nothing and everything works because people want it to, or doesn't work because they don't want it to. Example: Worth.
That was a pretty ambiguous statement... correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're saying something along the lines of "people have free will, therefore things are as people want them to be"...?

If that's what you're getting at, I ultimately agree, but don't believe that this logic precludes the possibility of a secret elite running the whole show. It could just mean that people by and large have chosen to be lulled into a spoon-fed reality... i.e. they simply have not objected to the reality the elite wants for them. The reason for this could certainly be other things than a lack of "free will" per se.... If there really is a secret elite, I think the single most likely explanation for lack of objection to it would simply be that people are unaware as to its existence and motives, not that they ultimately lack the free will to do so.
i fucking rule.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Mon May 05, 2008 6:36 pm

P.S.

Aliens: Real
911: Inside Job
Illuminati: Satan-worshipping child molesters
Elite Reptilians: Totally

Has Crumpty fallen of the wagon???
i fucking rule.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Mon May 05, 2008 6:38 pm

Wheatstache wrote:If a group of people really has been running the whole world for this long... probably not gonna stop them.
Well not with that attitude, we won't! :lol:
i fucking rule.

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Mon May 05, 2008 8:38 pm

the whole "9/11 was an inside job" thing is the most recent one that just makes me laugh and a little pissed at the same time.

I've always loved hearing Illuminatus! theories. Was Robert Anton Wilson Illuminati?
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

Heshua

Post by Heshua » Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 pm

El Oh El

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Mon May 05, 2008 10:01 pm

teedotjaydot wrote:the whole "9/11 was an inside job" thing is the most recent one that just makes me laugh and a little pissed at the same time.
I don't see any rational reason for people to actually get angry when other people say this. It pretty much goes hand-in-hand with the whole illuminati concept... If the world is, in fact, being run by a tight clique of ultra-psycho power mongers, doing something like this is pretty much exactly what you'd expect from them.

I don't think it's been determined if/to what extent Robert Anton Wilson has been involved in the Illuminati. A lot of people seem to think so since he wrote the Illuminatus books, but who knows...
i fucking rule.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Mon May 05, 2008 10:12 pm

Heshua wrote:http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/factsheets/faqs_8_2006.htm

Read the whole thing.
Well, I hope not to start a big argument, but:

1. NIST, being a government organization, could itself very well be controlled by the evil forces that be, which leaves open the possibility that this is nothing more than propaganda. [Essentially the point is that information coming from a government document--especially one attempting to exonerate the government itself from some accusation--isn't much of a rebuttal to a claim that the government is corrupt]

2. Even if everything in that report is 100% true, while it might put to rest some theories about what actually happened on 9/11, it really doesn't do anything to disprove the possibility that our beloved higher-ups made it happen.
Last edited by Crumpty Williams on Mon May 05, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i fucking rule.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Mon May 05, 2008 10:14 pm

spoonies
Tu vir nunc es, canis

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue May 06, 2008 7:41 am

The ZOG is watching you.

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Tue May 06, 2008 7:45 am

servo wrote:spoonies
you know this isn't a theory.....

should you really even mention them to the uninitiated?

and as far as R. A. Wilson goes, whatever anyone comes up with about that dude......that's exactly what he wants you to think....unless he doesn't.

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Tue May 06, 2008 7:47 am

Crumpty Williams wrote:
teedotjaydot wrote:the whole "9/11 was an inside job" thing is the most recent one that just makes me laugh and a little pissed at the same time.
I don't see any rational reason for people to actually get angry when other people say this. It pretty much goes hand-in-hand with the whole illuminati concept... If the world is, in fact, being run by a tight clique of ultra-psycho power mongers, doing something like this is pretty much exactly what you'd expect from them.

I don't think it's been determined if/to what extent Robert Anton Wilson has been involved in the Illuminati. A lot of people seem to think so since he wrote the Illuminatus books, but who knows...
ignorance tends to make me angry

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue May 06, 2008 1:22 pm

1.UFO's exist. If there's aliens with bongs in them, I don't know.
2.The CIA poisoned Bob Marley with a carcinogen laced nail in a pair of fancy boots they gave him.
3.Grassy Knoll
4.Crumpty Williams=Suzy Q
5.TJ=Best Dude Ever. There's some kind of conspiracy there.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Tue May 06, 2008 1:22 pm

teedotjaydot wrote:
Crumpty Williams wrote:

ignorance tends to make me angry
I see. Well, I respect the " you are stupid because you disagree with what is obviously true" point of view. I mean, hey, I feel the same way... just from the opposite side of the fence.

But getting all angry and huffy about it is just a way for you to spoil your own presumably otherwise fine day.
Last edited by Crumpty Williams on Tue May 06, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i fucking rule.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue May 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Crumpty Williams wrote: The world is, in fact, being run by a tight clique of ultra-psycho reptilians.....they are increasing the earths temperature to make it more hospitable to their race, however, i believe they make go to far and the higher temperatures will result in a much higher % of males being born, hence the sudden struggle to reverse their evil deeds.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Tue May 06, 2008 1:30 pm

Hank Fist wrote:
Crumpty Williams wrote: The world is, in fact, being run by a tight clique of ultra-psycho reptilians.....they are increasing the earths temperature to make it more hospitable to their race, however, i believe they make go to far and the higher temperatures will result in a much higher % of males being born, hence the sudden struggle to reverse their evil deeds.
:lol:

hmmm. plausible i suppose...
i fucking rule.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Tue May 06, 2008 3:25 pm

El Rhino wrote:The ZOG is watching you.
nah, dude... pure evil is an equal opportunity employer.
i fucking rule.

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Wed May 07, 2008 6:44 pm

i like the idea that there are alternate explanations for the way things happen, and that these explanations (sometimes) really do make as much sense as anything else.

i also really like the theories that are completely insane.

in summation... i think i like conspiracy theories because they're like a remixed reality. and i'm a nerd.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Wed May 07, 2008 10:12 pm

Pratt, do you remember that time you got pee'd on?

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Fri May 09, 2008 11:28 pm

no apostrophe in "peed"... you lose :lol:!
besides, who HASN'T been peed on these days? :lol:
i fucking rule.