Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

tylerjames515

Re: Life Won't Wait needs a show. (will play anywhere)

Post by tylerjames515 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:
Nam wrote:Real upset that i missed this show. im blaming mostly the fact no one posted an actual thread saying "hey heres a show. theres a show here."
dont you find it kind of weird youre posting that in the thread that youre calling for?
I just don't get how, if you see a thread with 600+ views you can maybe figure out that SOMETHING is going on. Plus all those other places it posted and with a really good turn out... trying to say no mentioned a show was happening.. :roll: :lol:

but, I'll word my thread titles better next time.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jin_YpQVKEw

Nothing To Nothing
Part 1 of 2. Other will be up soon.

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

ALLRIGHT DES MOINES LETS SEE WHAT YOU FUCKING PUSSIES GOT LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT LETS FUCK THIS SHIT UP LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:27 pm

Captain Caveman wrote:ALLRIGHT DES MOINES LETS SEE WHAT YOU FUCKING PERVERTS GOT LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT LETS FUCK THIS SHIT UP LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT
fixed.

Nam

Post by Nam » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:
Nam wrote:Real upset that i missed this show. im blaming mostly the fact no one posted an actual thread saying "hey heres a show. theres a show here."
dont you find it kind of weird youre posting that in the thread that youre calling for?
not really
tylerjames515 wrote:I just don't get how, if you see a thread with 600+ views you can maybe figure out that SOMETHING is going on. Plus all those other places it posted and with a really good turn out... trying to say no mentioned a show was happening.. :roll: :lol:

thank you in advance. i dont pay attention to number of veiws or posts. the more posts the more the thread tends to be boring
Captain Caveman wrote:ALLRIGHT DES MOINES LETS SEE WHAT YOU FUCKING PUSSIES GOT LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT LETS FUCK THIS SHIT
UP LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT
[/quote]

like this.

i dont understand what is being said... either version.
blah

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Captain Caveman wrote:ALLRIGHT DES MOINES LETS SEE WHAT YOU FUCKING PUSSIES GOT LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT LETS FUCK THIS SHIT UP LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT

I see you've been to a bullshit hardcore show or two.

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:20 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:ALLRIGHT DES MOINES LETS SEE WHAT YOU FUCKING PUSSIES GOT LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT LETS FUCK THIS SHIT UP LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT

save my time by watching the youtube videos haha

hardcore turns cute skater boys into regrettable tattoo earlobe trotters

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Captain Caveman wrote:
El Rhino wrote:

save my time by watching the youtube videos haha

hardcore turns cute skater boys into regrettable tattoo earlobe trotters
Not always. It depends on what kind of hardcore one listens to.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Nam wrote:
Bullet Tooth wrote:
not really
tylerjames515 wrote:I just don't get how, if you see a thread with 600+ views you can maybe figure out that SOMETHING is going on. Plus all those other places it posted and with a really good turn out... trying to say no mentioned a show was happening.. :roll: :lol:

thank you in advance. i dont pay attention to number of veiws or posts. the more posts the more the thread tends to be boring
Captain Caveman wrote:ALLRIGHT DES MOINES LETS SEE WHAT YOU FUCKING PUSSIES GOT LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT LETS FUCK THIS SHIT
UP LETS FUCKING DO THIS SHIT
like this.

i dont understand what is being said... either version.[/quote]

"Des Moines show me what ya got." and really, you must not be used to messageboards... generally the more views, the more unboring it is... maybe that's just me. Also save your shit talking for someone that's going to care.

IAHC/Punk rules right now.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:43 pm

From watching the video, that All Play seems pretty decent for a show. The sound on the videos was good, so I'm assuming the PA/sound guy they have is alright? The lights are pretty funny, but whatever. How was it dealing with booking at this place? Cost/cut, etc?

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Nick wrote:From watching the video, that All Play seems pretty decent for a show. The sound on the videos was good, so I'm assuming the PA/sound guy they have is alright? The lights are pretty funny, but whatever. How was it dealing with booking at this place? Cost/cut, etc?
My friend Chris works there and he got me a sweet deal, just had to pay .75 a person as long as he could have a full bar. The show made 300. So it was 50 bucks. He took care of the sound guys I guess, and I could have easily taken like $20 from each band and they all would have gotten $60, but they left with $80 and he was cool with it.

The bar made $67 (i think that was with the 50 from the door) and he seemed alright with that. He wants to do more with it and is an awesome guy. We told him that PA and mic-ing everything was a bit much and that it was cool and all but not exactly necessary and he was willing to work it out.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:25 pm

El Rhino wrote:I see you've been to a bullshit hardcore show or two.
It's 2010. All hardcore shows are bullshit.
tylerjames515 wrote:"Des Moines show me what ya got."
You forgot the "pussies" part.

-Joe.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Joe wrote:
El Rhino wrote:I see you've been to a bullshit hardcore show or two.
It's 2010. All hardcore shows are bullshit.
tylerjames515 wrote:"Des Moines show me what ya got."
You forgot the "pussies" part.

-Joe.
You must be hearing things. Dan clearly says. "YO DES MIONES, LETS SEE WHAT YOU FUCKING GOT." then a few seconds later, ''Come on you're letting me down."

The only violence he even calls for, is 'I better see someone's nose get broken. (which was a joke, in reference to sketchy Aaron getting his nose broke the last time the cover was played at the Haunted Basement.)

but, ok.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:26 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:
Nick wrote:From watching the video, that All Play seems pretty decent for a show. The sound on the videos was good, so I'm assuming the PA/sound guy they have is alright? The lights are pretty funny, but whatever. How was it dealing with booking at this place? Cost/cut, etc?
My friend Chris works there and he got me a sweet deal, just had to pay .75 a person as long as he could have a full bar. The show made 300. So it was 50 bucks. He took care of the sound guys I guess, and I could have easily taken like $20 from each band and they all would have gotten $60, but they left with $80 and he was cool with it.

The bar made $67 (i think that was with the 50 from the door) and he seemed alright with that. He wants to do more with it and is an awesome guy. We told him that PA and mic-ing everything was a bit much and that it was cool and all but not exactly necessary and he was willing to work it out.
Nice! This all sounds pretty rad. I might contact you about some more specifics in the near future if that's cool?

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:20 am

tylerjames515 wrote:
You must be hearing things. Dan clearly says. "YO DES MIONES, LETS SEE WHAT YOU FUCKING GOT." then a few seconds later, ''Come on you're letting me down."

I heard it as "let's see what you pussies got" at first and was bummed, but I can hear what he's sayin' now. Saul gravy.

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:26 am

Also, I'd like to say congrats to Tyler for getting a new spot going for DIY shit in Des Moines. Shit was looking bleak there for a second, so you guys should work with the owners as much as possible to make sure this spot sticks. Nick was telling me the room is pretty big and has a nice carpet, so you should see if you can get down on the smallest, grimiest room in the joint.

Keep up the good work.

-Joe.

Start

Post by Start » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:31 am

What was the name of the dude who did the acoustic set?

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:25 am

Start wrote:What was the name of the dude who did the acoustic set?
Colin Bugbee! He was apparently on tour with Defeater. Not too many people watched his stuff and it was kind of a bum out. I enjoyed it. Here's a crappy cell phone vid I took.

You can't really see him but the audio is decent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rokw-SSB0eA

Churro

Post by Churro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:09 am

tylerjames515 wrote:
Colin Bugbee! He was apparently on tour with Defeater. Not too many people watched his stuff and it was kind of a bum out. I enjoyed it. Here's a crappy cell phone vid I took.
Yeah, people really missed out on that dude. That was one of my favorite parts of the night.

Start

Post by Start » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:30 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:

You can't really see him but the audio is decent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rokw-SSB0eA
Ah man that's awesome you got audio from it. It was a bit of a bummer when he said he doesn't get much respect from hardcore kids and what not, I really enjoyed watching him play.