Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Potter

Re: rough animal mothers demo

Post by Potter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:40 am

ROUGH 'EM UP

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:48 am

Shane wrote:Buy a Shure SM57 to replace it and stop bitching. Those things are indestructible and will produce the same quality results as whatever condenser you had unless it was more than $500, especially if the recordings don't go through much processing. Seriously. I will argue with you all goddamn day about this because any rebuttal you can come up with is wrong.
Do you mean me arguing with you about the quality of a Shure SM57 over other mics? If you do I'm not going to, you're completely missing the point if you think my issue is over the mic.
Shane wrote:Yeah, it's shitty that this happened to something of yours, but there's no need to berate everyone because of it. Also, what were you thinking when you let Animal Mothers borrow ANYTHING of yours?
I didn't berate anyone that didn't deserve it. You and Nick both came in here like a couple old dogs sticking there noses where it didn't belong so you both got smacked.

Thom acting like he's doing me a big favor by letting me come pick my game up is an insult. If I come to a show I get my game back but honestly what if I'm done coming to shows, then I guess no game for me.

I'll tell you exactly what I was thinking when I lent the mics to Animal Mothers, I was thinking sure I'd love to help my friends out. If this had been an out of town band that had destroyed my mic this thread would be filled with people screaming for their heads but since it's Zach Krook everybody turns a blind eye. Instead I get the drumming leprechaun in here telling me to just forget about it.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:44 am

ginx86 wrote:You and Nick both came in here like a couple old dogs sticking there noses where it didn't belong so you both got smacked.
Uh...dude? All I said in this thread was that that Fallout 3 rules and I sarcastically called you a "monster" because you said the game sucked. If you honestly took that as some sort of attack against you or thought it was me sticking my nose where it doesn't belong....I dunno what to tell ya?

But now that you have brought me into this for some reason, I never once said anything about your mic (go back and read my posts for yourself), as that is honestly none of my business and has nothing to do with me. I think it sucks that your shit got busted up, but personally, I think the best way to handle that situation would have been either to PM the person(s) involved or contact them outside of this messageboard. Unless your goal was to try and bait everyone against Animal Mothers or something, it seems this could have been handled outside of this forum. That's just me though.

Anyway, like I said, sucks your mic got fucked up. I'd be pissed as well. Other than that, let's get back to the original topic here...I've listened to that Animal Mothers demo and I think it's pretty fucking sweet.

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:03 am

Nick wrote:
ginx86 wrote:You and Nick both came in here like a couple old dogs sticking there noses where it didn't belong so you both got smacked.
Uh...dude? All I said in this thread was that that Fallout 3 rules and I sarcastically called you a "monster" because you said the game sucked. If you honestly took that as some sort of attack against you or thought it was me sticking my nose where it doesn't belong....I dunno what to tell ya?

But now that you have brought me into this for some reason, I never once said anything about your mic (go back and read my posts for yourself), as that is honestly none of my business and has nothing to do with me. I think it sucks that your shit got busted up, but personally, I think the best way to handle that situation would have been either to PM the person(s) involved or contact them outside of this messageboard. Unless your goal was to try and bait everyone against Animal Mothers or something, it seems this could have been handled outside of this forum. That's just me though.

Anyway, like I said, sucks your mic got fucked up. I'd be pissed as well. Other than that, let's get back to the original topic here...I've listened to that Animal Mothers demo and I think it's pretty fucking sweet.
No Nick you're right I shouldn't have dragged you into this, I am pissed, but thats still no excuse. Usually I would handle shit like this privately but I think its high time we called Krook and his crew on their shit.

If a group of people none of us knew came in to the HB off the street acting drunk, beligerent, and destructive like Krook and the entire southside crew it wouldn't be tolerated, simple as that.

The fact is, I like Krook and those guys but its time they all started growing up. They'e not children anymore and they need to start taking responsibility for their actions like adults.

By the way, here's a mustard tiger:

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:14 am

No worries, Tim. Although I have way less gray hair and way more hair overall than that guy. I do want that shirt though.

Shane

Post by Shane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:37 pm

ginx86 wrote: Thom acting like he's doing me a big favor by letting me come pick my game up is an insult. If I come to a show I get my game back but honestly what if I'm done coming to shows, then I guess no game for me.
He's not acting like it's a big favor, he's giving you a solution which doesn't lead to either of you going out of your way. Why exactly don't you go to shows anymore? And honestly, it's weak that it's been 8 months, but you obviously didn't want it back that bad or you would've had it by now.
I'll tell you exactly what I was thinking when I lent the mics to Animal Mothers, I was thinking sure I'd love to help my friends out. If this had been an out of town band that had destroyed my mic this thread would be filled with people screaming for their heads but since it's Zach Krook everybody turns a blind eye.
Everyone knows that the southside crew does this sort of thing. If you honestly cared about your equipment, you wouldn't have let them borrow it or you would have been there while they were using it. It's downright irresponsible to do anything other than that.

If you hadn't been a total dick about EVERYTHING in this thread, I might be more sympathetic, but you clearly just want to bitch at everyone. Good luck getting the money from them to replace your stuff.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Shane wrote:Why exactly don't you go to shows anymore?
Cause I don't like hanging out with leprechauns:

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:58 pm

goddamn he IS mad. i like it. who knew zach would become mr popular? whoever broke it should make it right. if no single person steps up then animal mothers as a whole should.

Thom

Post by Thom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Dude, you are a straight out piece of shit.

Yeah I borrowed your game. Yeah, I didn't give it back in a timely fashion. But right after you gave it to me you STOPPED COMING TO SHOWS. What the fuck was I supposed to do? Drive around des moines screaming out my window looking for you? Fuck off. You can either make arrangements to get it back from me or not, I don't care. It's a piece of shit game, and I think less of you for liking it.

Shit like this is the reason why I fucking hate des moines. I mean yeah, its cool if you want to hang out and scream at each other all day. I TOOOOOTALLLLYYYY go to shows because I like to watch a bunch of dinosaurs yell at each other on the internet. You want to know why show attendance sucks? Here's your reason.

And yeah, you let animal mothers borrow your shit. You made a big mistake there. Have you ever seen them with anything? THEY BREAK IT.

I was trying to be a nice guy. But fuck that. You don't deserve it. Go start another band that no one likes.

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Fuck, it took you long enough, I've been trolling you for two days here. For the record I was just fucking around about the whole thing, no mics were broken and I'm not pissed. I guess from your response I took it a little far.

Seriously no hard feelings and that goes for Shane too. I knew the whole time he was in here defending you, which I did find admirable. Hopefully you and Shane will be able to laugh it off.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:19 pm

ginx86 wrote:Fuck, it took you long enough, I've been trolling you for two days here. For the record I was just fucking around about the whole thing, no mics were broken and I'm not pissed. I guess from your response I took it a little far.
EPIC.

-Joe.

Thom

Post by Thom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Hilarious. :roll:

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:34 pm

This thread just became my favorite thing on the internet this week.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Ya'll got trolled hard.

-Joe.

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Yeah I thought it would be pretty funny. Just the thought of me actually being as angry as the things I posted was cracking me up but I think maybe I took it too far.

I already sent Thom a personal apology but if anybody else(Shane) is really pissed off by this my apologies. I really had no intention of trying to make the scene look bad.

I thought we'd all be laughing it off once it was over, my mistake.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Ya'll crybabies.

-Joe.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 pm

servo wrote:i like this thread a lot
i was going to kill myself today, but then i saw this thread....

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:21 pm

good times

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 pm

ginx86 wrote:I already sent Thom a personal apology but if anybody else(Shane) is really pissed off by this my apologies. I really had no intention of trying to make the scene look bad.
Make it up to them personally by coming out to that Transgressions show on March 5th. I turn 30 years old 4 days prior to this, we'll have a few beers and celebrate being old together. It will be a good time.

zach krook

Post by zach krook » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:16 pm

ginx86 wrote:Fuck, it took you long enough, I've been trolling you for two days here. For the record I was just fucking around about the whole thing, no mics were broken and I'm not pissed. I guess from your response I took it a little far.

Seriously no hard feelings and that goes for Shane too. I knew the whole time he was in here defending you, which I did find admirable. Hopefully you and Shane will be able to laugh it off.
this is all just more proof that shane doesn't like metallica.
Persona non grata

Potter

Post by Potter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:14 pm

moltar

Post by moltar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:15 am

Joe wrote:
ginx86 wrote:Nate would show a little more respect to my recording mics.
Good luck with that one!

-Joe.
Scathing attack.

I respected the rest of your stuff. I respected it all the way to goodwill and the bottom of Riverview.

moltar

Post by moltar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:19 am

Shane wrote:Buy a Shure SM57 to replace it and stop bitching. Those things are indestructible and will produce the same quality results as whatever condenser you had unless it was more than $500, especially if the recordings don't go through much processing. Seriously. I will argue with you all goddamn day about this because any rebuttal you can come up with is wrong.
You can't get extreme highs and lows with a pussy sm57. Terror and I record exclusively with condenser mics.