Who's playing Killzone 2?

Post by creepykid » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:21 pm

for real, WASTIN' NOOBS!

I started a clan you should join it.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Re: Who's playing Killzone 2?

Post by El Rhino » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:40 pm

creepykid wrote: I started a clan you should join it.

:shock:

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:10 pm

not that kind of clan :oops:

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:29 pm

First one sucked.
No care about that second one.

-Joe.

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:39 pm

the first one is AWESOME

you suck joe

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:01 pm

I'm sorry you force yourself to put up with shitty videogames.

-Joe.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:35 pm

I don't have a next gen. system to be playing Killzone 2. I'd love to play, though.

Joe, what's the best first person shooter ever?
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Half Life 2 or something. I dunno.

-Joe.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:53 am

Killzone 2 was the reason I bought a PS3.

And I still don't own it yet. But if you havn't even played it and you're making these ridiculous claims- odds are you're a failure at life and living in someones basemen..... OH WAIT, RIGHT......
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:27 am

You going at someone for failing at anything is really funny.

-Joe.

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:57 pm

I'm now a lieutenant. I can now be an engineer and set up turrets. I am fucking people up hard.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:43 pm

creepykid wrote:I'm now a lieutenant. I can now be an engineer and set up turrets. I am fucking people up hard.
Wait. Killzone 2 has character classes with its ranking system? Please explain, I'm very interested.
-John

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Walking Thunder wrote:
creepykid wrote:I'm now a lieutenant. I can now be an engineer and set up turrets. I am fucking people up hard.
Wait. Killzone 2 has character classes with its ranking system? Please explain, I'm very interested.
okay there's a lot to it

first there is a class system. you start out as a recruit and work your way up a ranking system to general. you earn points in matches for kills and completing mission objectives (search & destroy, assassination, capture & hold etc.). certain ranks when you achieve them unlock special classes aside from the default rifleman. the available classes are: medic, engineer, tactician, scout, assault, and saboteur. each class has it's own specialties like medic can revive fallen teammates, engineer can set up turrets, tacticians can set up separate spawning points, one of the classes let's you call in air strikes. not sure of the other classes yet haven't got there...yet

also they have a ribbons and medal system. every match you play you have a chance of collecting a ribbon for various feats for example, you can get a headshot ribbon for making 10 headshot kills in one match. once you've collected 8 headshot ribbons you'll get a headshot medal which will in turn double your points for every headshot kill you make. so instead of getting one point for a headshot kill in a match, you'll get 2 points.

you can also form squads and build clans and fight other clans with your clan.

killzone.com also give awards for the top 10% players at the end of the day, week and month. I think they give you weapons that aren't normally available, like the grenade launcher and such.

so yeah it's pretty tight.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:10 pm

creepykid wrote:
Walking Thunder wrote:
okay there's a lot to it

first there is a class system. you start out as a recruit and work your way up a ranking system to general. you earn points in matches for kills and completing mission objectives (search & destroy, assassination, capture & hold etc.). certain ranks when you achieve them unlock special classes aside from the default rifleman. the available classes are: medic, engineer, tactician, scout, assault, and saboteur. each class has it's own specialties like medic can revive fallen teammates, engineer can set up turrets, tacticians can set up separate spawning points, one of the classes let's you call in air strikes. not sure of the other classes yet haven't got there...yet

also they have a ribbons and medal system. every match you play you have a chance of collecting a ribbon for various feats for example, you can get a headshot ribbon for making 10 headshot kills in one match. once you've collected 8 headshot ribbons you'll get a headshot medal which will in turn double your points for every headshot kill you make. so instead of getting one point for a headshot kill in a match, you'll get 2 points.

you can also form squads and build clans and fight other clans with your clan.

killzone.com also give awards for the top 10% players at the end of the day, week and month. I think they give you weapons that aren't normally available, like the grenade launcher and such.

so yeah it's pretty tight.
This system is reminiscent of SOE's Infantry. And Infantry was a damn fun game. Wish I could play Killzone 2.
-John

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:01 pm

If you ever get Killzone 2 hit me up. We can start a clan.

I will say there are still some serious balancing issues.

Shotguns are one shot kills basically. Once you get good at running and gunning with them, game over.

No party system.

No bots for online play.

Some lag issues, I think with their servers, because I have a fast internet connection, but sometimes I'll blast someone with a shotgun. They return fire with a shotgun, after I've shot them and they would be dying, and then while I'm dying they die, and I know it's my kill because you get a little beep noise when you've made a kill. So yeah that's kind of annoying.

Good news is they are constantly updating with fixes and they actually listen to what people are feeding back to them on the killzone.com forums. So yeah it's totally worth it.

And the game just looks fucking amazing.