More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Evolution

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:40 pm

Kangaroo genes close to humans
Tue Nov 18, 1:19 am ET
CANBERRA (Reuters) – Australia's kangaroos are genetically similar to humans and may have first evolved in China, Australian researchers said Tuesday.

Scientists said they had for the first time mapped the genetic code of the Australian marsupials and found much of it was similar to the genome for humans, the government-backed Centre of Excellence for Kangaroo Genomics said.

"There are a few differences, we have a few more of this, a few less of that, but they are the same genes and a lot of them are in the same order," centre Director Jenny Graves told reporters in Melbourne.

"We thought they'd be completely scrambled, but they're not. There is great chunks of the human genome which is sitting right there in the kangaroo genome," Graves said, according to AAP.

Humans and kangaroos last shared an ancestor at least 150 million years ago, the researchers found, while mice and humans diverged from one another only 70 million years ago.

Kangaroos first evolved in China, but migrated across the Americas to Australia and Antarctica, they said.

"Kangaroos are hugely informative about what we were like 150 million years ago," Graves said.

Did Asians evolve from kangaroos instead of monkeys? If so, can monkees and kangaroos breed? That would be pretty fuckin' cool!
I poop on Petland!

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Re: Evolution

Post by Joey Chaos » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:24 pm

And can kangaroos make stir fry that actually tastes Asian?

God

Post by God » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:56 pm

JUST LOOK AT THE DIRECTION OF THE VAG'S.
Do as I command thee.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:31 pm

God wrote:JUST LOOK AT THE DIRECTION OF THE VAG'S.
You're on to something. I bet the reason Asian girls' slits are sideways is because they evolved from the female kangaroo's pouch.

Also, why would Asian people be so good at fighting with their feet unless they evolved from kangaroos?
I poop on Petland!

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
God wrote:JUST LOOK AT THE DIRECTION OF THE VAG'S.
You're on to something. I bet the reason Asian girls' slits are sideways is because they evolved from the female kangaroo's pouch.

Also, why would Asian people be so good at fighting with their feet unless they evolved from kangaroos?
Where'd that God quote come from?