Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

soadultnow

7/7 Iowa show HELP, Replacements rip off (Shook Ones member)

Post by soadultnow » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:09 pm

We are a band called So Adult, from Bellingham, WA. We're headed to the midwest and east coast in July and really want to set something up in Iowa on Wednesday, July 7. Bo plays bass in Shook Ones, but he drums with us.

You can hear some of our songs here: http://www.myspace.com/soadultnow

We'd love to jump on a show, or team up with someone to make one happen. Even some suggestions of people, bands, or places to get in touch with would be super appreciated.

Thanks. I hope to visit Iowa soon!

joe olmstead.
so.adult@gmail.com

Nick

Re: 7/7 Iowa show HELP, Replacements rip off (Shook Ones mem

Post by Nick » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Marco from Salinas Records actually just sent me a cassette of yours with an order I placed a few weeks ago. Weird!

I like the songs a lot. Also, Shook Ones rule hard. It would be cool if you guys could get a date in Iowa, but I think it will be hard being a Wednesday and only a month away?

Best bet would probably be to see if you could jump on a show, but I doubt if there is anything booked for that date that would work?

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Also....say "Hi" go Chris Crusher next time you see him.

soadultnow

Post by soadultnow » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Nick wrote:Marco from Salinas Records actually just sent me a cassette of yours with an order I placed a few weeks ago. Weird!

I like the songs a lot. Also, Shook Ones rule hard.
Thanks, Nick! I'm glad you like the cassette! And Shook Ones.
Nick wrote:It would be cool if you guys could get a date in Iowa, but I think it will be hard being a Wednesday and only a month away?
Best bet would probably be to see if you could jump on a show, but I doubt if there is anything booked for that date that would work?
That makes sense. Do you (or anyone else) know of anyone that does house shows that might be into it?

Shane

Post by Shane » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:09 am

No house shows in Des Moines since the Haunted Basement shut down, maybe check with the Ames Progressive. I don't have the contact info, but I'm sure somebody on here does.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

soadultnow

Post by soadultnow » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:54 am

Ames Progressive looks awesome! I can contact them on myspace, but does anyone have a good person to get in touch with there?

I saw Lipstick Homicide and Everybody Nose are playing there on July 2. Does anyone from those bands post on this board? I'm really into the songs they have online and I would love to team up with them anywhere. Are there a lot of fans of the Muffs on here? They are one of my favorites.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:32 am

You could try getting a show at 1108 house, or Am Vets in Waterloo. You can try contacting poster andrewd on here but he doesn't post too much, or else try hitting up this, (http://www.myspace.com/iowahardcore) they are pretty good at getting back to you.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 am

soadultnow wrote:Ames Progressive looks awesome! I can contact them on myspace, but does anyone have a good person to get in touch with there?

I saw Lipstick Homicide and Everybody Nose are playing there on July 2. Does anyone from those bands post on this board? I'm really into the songs they have online and I would love to team up with them anywhere. Are there a lot of fans of the Muffs on here? They are one of my favorites.
Hey dude....the person you want to contact at Ames Progressive is Nate Logsdon. Shoot him and e-mail and see if he has that date open?

nlogsdon@msn.com

Lipstick Homicide and Everybody Nose do rule and they miiiiight be able to/willing to help you out with a show? Rachel is in both bands, so I would recommend contacting her and asking about it. I know she has been helping set up shows in Iowa City recently (where her bands are from) and probably has a better idea of if something might work there or not?

feldmann.rachel@gmail.com

jessep

Post by jessep » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:40 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:You could try getting a show at 1108 house, or Am Vets in Waterloo. You can try contacting poster andrewd on here but he doesn't post too much, or else try hitting up this, (http://www.myspace.com/iowahardcore) they are pretty good at getting back to you.
This would be a bad route. There's a "large" show there the next day and I know Doyle won't book back to back shows. If this wasn't the case, I'd book this myself.

Best bet would be contacting Lipstick Homocide/Everybody Nose or Ames Progressive.

soadultnow

Post by soadultnow » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Nick wrote:
Lipstick Homicide and Everybody Nose do rule and they miiiiight be able to/willing to help you out with a show? Rachel is in both bands, so I would recommend contacting her and asking about it. I know she has been helping set up shows in Iowa City recently (where her bands are from) and probably has a better idea of if something might work there or not?

feldmann.rachel@gmail.com
Awesome. Iowa City sounds perfect. I actually emailed Rachel last night just to see if they would want to team up, so hopefully she will want to help out.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

And Nick, I haven't met Chris yet, but I will this Sunday so I will give him that "hi" for you.