More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

coelacanth

MKE band needs help- 6/3/10

Post by coelacanth » Thu May 13, 2010 9:31 am

Hello everybody,

My name is Peter Woods. I'm a musician from milwaukee looking for a show in Iowa on June 3rd. The dudes from Sender Receiver pointed me in your direction, so here we are.

If you know of anything happening on June 3rd we can hop on, or think you can get something started, let us know. A venue has been flaking on me, so now we have a big ol hole in the middle of our tour.

We have music at http://myspace.com/coelacanthaudio. We will play with anyone and we'll play anywhere. Hardcore/metal/noise/smooth jazz, whatever. We don't need anything besides a room to play in, as we're instrumental (and have a lot of loud amps).

So yeah, let me know if you can help. My email is peter@experimentalmilwaukee.com. I also help run a venue here, so I can definitely return the favor.

Thanks,
Peter

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Re: MKE band needs help- 6/3/10

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu May 13, 2010 2:38 pm

His name is Peter Woods.....huh, huh...huh
I poop on Petland!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu May 13, 2010 3:23 pm

I am listening to this downstairs and my roommate is listening to Slint upstairs. Very cool effect.

Did you get a show booked at Gabe's? That place sucks a lot. I would go, but I'll be going to the Black Market Fetus show on June 3rd. I'll tell my roommates about it though, they'd dig it.

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu May 13, 2010 3:33 pm

OH YEAH!
Coelacanth was the name of my one man noise project. It sucked!

But you dudes are pretty good. I'll let some Iowa City peeps know you are looking for a show.

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu May 13, 2010 3:35 pm

The coelacanth is my favorite fish.

Ever read this book? Crucial read if you have any interest whatsoever in this fish.

-Joe.

coelacanth

Post by coelacanth » Fri May 14, 2010 8:27 am

BFR- Yes, yes it is. My middle name is also Jacob (Jacobs being an english slang for balls, or at least a term they use in the movie Snatch *giggle*). So my name is Penis Testicle Penises. Grade school only sort of sucked for me.

Joe- While I don't like to spread rumors about venues I have never been to, yeah, we did. Dude was totally down to help us out and now hasn't responded to my emails for the past three weeks. Slint rules though. Thanks for letting people know! Funny that you had a one man noise project named Coelacanth, as there is a drone group out of San Francisco witht he same name. I will look into the read.