Al you bike dudes/lady dudes

Post by jjjsXe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:09 pm

You think you are man/woman enough?

http://www.urbanassaultride.com/
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

tylerjames515

Re: Al you bike dudes/lady dudes

Post by tylerjames515 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:33 pm

I don't know if that price is worth it, unless a huge group of us went.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

HeyFergy

Post by HeyFergy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Dude, this looks awesome! I am definitely going to do the Madison one if I am still here when it happens.

Also, $30 for a water bottle, a t-shirt, beer,free crap, snacks, and a sweet race is a pretty awesome deal.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:20 pm

You guys understand that roads are for cars right? And bike-paths are for bikes? There seems to be a big misunderstanding in Iowa when it comes to bikes and roads/major highways.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:39 pm

You know it's illegal to ride bikes on sideways right? Bike trails only take you to certain areas. Try again!

Shane

Post by Shane » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:14 pm

In before "Bike users should pay road taxes a-hyuck!"
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:04 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:You know it's illegal to ride bikes on sideways right? Bike trails only take you to certain areas. Try again!
Not only is it illegal, I think it's impossible.

Get a job, get a car, stop fucking up the roads, stop being a detriment to society.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Shane wrote:In before "Bike users should pay road taxes a-hyuck!"
They already do you fucking moron. Where do you think tax money for roads/road construction/etc. comes from?
Oddly enough, most of the people who pay taxes drive cars too. Weird.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Lulz@ trolling for the sake of trolling. Cars can go around bicycles with ease. Roads are not made strictly for motor vehicles. Etc etc common sense etc.

Had a car, stopped driving it (long before I moved to the Mecca of car-free lifestyle) and eventually sold it. I grew tired of spending money on gas and maintenance. I ride my bike most places.. My bike commute is 15 minutes faster than rapid transit, much much faster than by car.

In most cases cars are vanity objects, a waste of money and a sign of laziness. If you live in the suburbs and have a long commute or
live in the country of course there is utilitarian value in car ownership, but if you live in a city it's hardly needed. If you take a step back and look at it objectively, car culture is pretty absurd. If you're into cars as a hobby that's cool, but don't pretend it's something remotely necessary.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

HeyFergy

Post by HeyFergy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:25 pm

Varg, I don't know if you have noticed...but many cities/towns in this country have specific bike lanes set up. Madison (where I live) has bike lanes throughout the entire city which make bicycle commuting super fast and safe.

Throughout most of the country there are laws which say that bikes have a right to be on the road. So no, roads are not for cars. They are for cars, trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, bikes, and anything else that the law allows. As stated before it is illegal for bikes to ride on sidewalks in most places (as it should be) and bike trails are for recreational purposes so you can go on a bike ride, not so you can commute.

Also, telling bike riders to get a job is ridiculous. These people are usually commuting to and from work and the amount of money that hardcore riders drop into their bikes is ridiculous.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:22 am

Varg wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:You know it's illegal to ride bikes on sideways right? Bike trails only take you to certain areas. Try again!
Not only is it illegal, I think it's impossible.

Get a job, get a car, stop fucking up the roads, stop being a detriment to society.
Please tell me when a bicycle has EVER fucked up a road. You're the one polluting the world with your vehicle not me, so who is really the detriment to society? The main reason I ride my bike is I enjoy the health benefits and it's fun as fuck. Sorry man, come scream some shit at me out your window though!

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:10 am

HeyFergy wrote:Varg, I don't know if you have noticed...but many cities/towns in this country have specific bike lanes set up. Madison (where I live) has bike lanes throughout the entire city which make bicycle commuting super fast and safe.
I don't know if you have noticed...but bike lanes are NOT car lanes. I didn't even hint at bike lanes. I have no beef with bike lanes- in fact I think they are a GOOD thing. Anything to keep you the fuck out of my way. In Huntington Beach they have bike lanes EVERYWHERE because everyone has a "beach cruiser". That in conjunction with three lane roads and a turn lane (both left and right) at each intersection, allows for some of the best flowing and most well-thought out roadways in the country.
Iowa doesn't have that and bikes fuck shit up worse than tractors. I'm not talking about you asshats who live downtown riding a bike to work. I'm talking about the people who ride their bikes on highways (both major and minor). You know, they're usually decked out in Tour De Frahnce gear and think they're in "training". You have cars lined up 8 deep in a 55mph zone slamming on their breaks so they don't kill the person in front of them who's only going 15 mph. Then some douchefuck driver who won't pass the guy and me 9 cars back having an aneurysm cause of the whole thing.
I don't give a FUCK what you say, every single one of these shitheads should be run over by a semi. Not enough to kill them right away- just enough so they can see their own insides and try to stuff them back inside while they're in a complete state of shock and then get eaten by crows and raccoons. Campustown in Ames functions fine and there are shitloads of people on bikes. They make it work...somehow. Cities are generally not the problem.

Throughout most of the country there are laws which say that bikes have a right to be on the road. So no, roads are not for cars. They are for cars, trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, bikes, and anything else that the law allows. As stated before it is illegal for bikes to ride on sidewalks in most places (as it should be) and bike trails are for recreational purposes so you can go on a bike ride, not so you can commute.
A RIGHT? to be on the road? You show me ANY law that professes that. People who ride mopeds are fags too. Seriously, nothing funnier/more pathetic than seeing some 110 lb faggot on a scooter with a helmet. L o L.
Last edited by Varg on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 am

tylerjames515 wrote:
Please tell me when a bicycle has EVER fucked up a road. You're the one polluting the world with your vehicle not me, so who is really the detriment to society? The main reason I ride my bike is I enjoy the health benefits and it's fun as fuck. Sorry man, come scream some shit at me out your window though!
I just did.

Aww pollution? AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Go fuck yourself.

I'm sure you get a rigorous workout pedaling a whole two miles a day downtown. I know my ass couldn't handle that, but I'm sure you're built for it. Catch my drift?

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:20 am

Varg wrote:Then some douchefuck driver who won't pass the guy and me 9 cars back having an aneurysm cause of the whole thing.

I believe we have pinpointed the problem.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Varg wrote:
Shane wrote:In before "Bike users should pay road taxes a-hyuck!"
They already do you fucking moron. Where do you think tax money for roads/road construction/etc. comes from?
Did you just say that bicyclists pay road use taxes? Fucking LOL. You are clearly the moron here.

Also, as an employee of the DOT, I'll let you on in a little secret on road funding (since you are obviously have no fucking clue what you area talking about here). The money for road and bridge construction/maintenance comes form one of two places: A) the gas tax B) Federal Gov't in the form of the Road Use Tax Fund.

If you think everyday property/sales taxes that most citizens pay go towards road construction and maintenance, you are a fucking buffoon. Those are all taxes that get allotted to the State of Iowa's "General Fund", which is completely separate from the "Road Use Tax Fund."

ALL 50 states receive most of their road funding from the Federal Government (FHWA). Each State is given money (based on the number of miles of public road in each particular State) to be delegated out to the proper local entities: cities, counties and state owned roads. Beyond the money provided by the Road Use Tax Fund, states also get money for roads/bridges from their local Gas Tax (each gallon of gas sold has a certain percentage of the sale as a tax, which each state collects).

A very, very small portion of road funding in Iowa comes from Public Transportation revenue. And that also has nothing to do with bicyclists.

Why don't you just shut up now before you dig yourself into a deeper whole, douche!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Sometimes I'm a bicyclist and but usually I drive and thus pay road taxes. I imagine my situation of using an automobile as my main mode of transportation and a bicycle as an occasional recreational mode of transportation is not unique.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Varg wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:
I just did.

Aww pollution? AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Go fuck yourself.

I'm sure you get a rigorous workout pedaling a whole two miles a day downtown. I know my ass couldn't handle that, but I'm sure you're built for it. Catch my drift?
Hypocrite, but that's nothing new. Also, LOL at this.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:58 pm

El Rhino wrote:Sometimes I'm a bicyclist and but usually I drive and thus pay road taxes. I imagine my situation of using an automobile as my main mode of transportation and a bicycle as an occasional recreational mode of transportation is not unique.
Yeah. This is probably the case with most people. But if someones only mode of transportation were a bicycle, they'd have to pay $0 in taxes to use the same road as motorists. There are no bicycle registration fees and no costs at all to use public roadways for bikers. The only "tax" would be the sales tax collected on the sale of the bike/equipment (if purchased in a retail shop) and those taxes don't go towards road construction or maintenance. So Varg is wrong to say that bicyclists pay taxes that go towards those things.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Nick wrote: Did you just say that bicyclists pay road use taxes? Fucking LOL. You are clearly the moron here.

Also, as an employee of the DOT, I'll let you on in a little secret on road funding (since you are obviously have no fucking clue what you area talking about here). The money for road and bridge construction/maintenance comes form one of two places: A) the gas tax B) Federal Gov't in the form of the Road Use Tax Fund.

If you think everyday property/sales taxes that most citizens pay go towards road construction and maintenance, you are a fucking buffoon. Those are all taxes that get allotted to the State of Iowa's "General Fund", which is completely separate from the "Road Use Tax Fund."

ALL 50 states receive most of their road funding from the Federal Government (FHWA). Each State is given money (based on the number of miles of public road in each particular State) to be delegated out to the proper local entities: cities, counties and state owned roads. Beyond the money provided by the Road Use Tax Fund, states also get money for roads/bridges from their local Gas Tax (each gallon of gas sold has a certain percentage of the sale as a tax, which each state collects).
LOL, you've got to be shitting me... you went on this whole schpeel (I think you're jewish) about how I was wrong, but part of your answer was that money comes from the Federal Government. That was a joke right? Because even the dumbest of the dumb understand where the Federal Government gets their money from. And no, you're wrong about how states get their money from the government for roads. It's dependent on more factors than "just how many miles of road you have". Give me a break- you were serious with that one too weren't you? Ever heard of a seat-belt law? Ever wonder what happens to your states funding if you don't enforce it?
LOL again, you're a fucking moron if you think every penny collected in taxes is delegated to some specific cause. Not to say that some aren't, but for fucks sake you even mentioned "GENERAL fund". If a state falls short on their projected 'road use tax fund' (not that they ever would, because the government and state have pinpoint accuracy when it comes to projecting costs) like as is the case in Story and Boone county, where do you think they're going to go for more?
You were trying WAY too hard and let's face it, whether you like it or not, you (and everyone else) are paying into taxes that are ultimately used for roadways. You obviously aren't paying as much and if you're literate you should be able to go back and see that I never said someone without a car pays the same as someone who owns a car.
You should feel retarded by this point.
Nick wrote: But if someones only mode of transportation were a bicycle, they'd have to pay $0 in taxes to use the same road as motorists. There are no bicycle registration fees and no costs at all to use public roadways for bikers. The only "tax" would be the sales tax collected on the sale of the bike/equipment (if purchased in a retail shop) and those taxes don't go towards road construction or maintenance. So Varg is wrong to say that bicyclists pay taxes that go towards those things.
Yeah, again, nobody expects bikes to be ON THE GOD DAMN HIGHWAY so there aren't 'tax, title, and license' fees for owning one. A bike doesn't weigh 4,000+ lbs and put stress on a road and thus isn't a contributing factor to why a road would need to be repaired. I don't even know what the fuck your point was in this? 'So' you were wrong, and fucking retarded, to think that 'bicyclists' don't pay taxes that contribute to roadways. Seriously, :insert jeff foxworthy joke here:, you might not be smarter than a 5th grader.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:16 pm

jjjsXe wrote:You think you are man/woman enough?

http://www.urbanassaultride.com/
Would anyone be into doing it?

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Yeah.
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:31 am

Varg wrote:

People who ride mopeds are fags too. Seriously, nothing funnier/more pathetic than seeing some 110 lb faggot on a scooter with a helmet. L o L.

Why is wanting to be safe on a vehicle MUCH smaller than most vehicles on the road stupid? I think it is stupid when people on mopeds and scooters DON'T wear helmets. Your head can get smashed going 30 mph just as easily as going 50 on a motorcycle. Especially since people in cars are complete assholes and never follow the traffic rules and don't yield to the motorist with the right of way.

Also, what does one's weight have to do with the vehicle they opt to ride? Not everyone wants to be a 250 pound musclebound dickhead who likes to jerk off to pictures of himself flexing with his shirt off. What is more gay, a guy who spends probably 90 % of his time looking at himself/other dudes with their shirts off, or people on scooters and mopeds?
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Nam

Post by Nam » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:04 am

i agree with mr varg on the part bicks are annoying on the road but i blame the city for not providing a bike lane. the bay areas bike lane was rad, we should have that here
blah

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:59 am

holy shit, what a stupid fucking argument. everyone just ignore Varg. this is yet another case where he is a fucking idiot and no one should take him seriously.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:00 pm

jjjsXe wrote:. What is more gay, a guy who spends probably 90 % of his time looking at himself/other dudes with their shirts off, or people on scooters and mopeds?

Honestly? Scooters are really that gay.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Varg thinks I'm a Jew. lol

And you are completely wrong still, douche. I guess you can't comprehend facts?

Potter

Post by Potter » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:26 pm

I want to do this. I'll have to see if i can get it off work. (lol, get it off)

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Riding bikes is awesome. Beer is awesome. Summertime is fun. I'm having a friend help me build a fixed gear and I'm pretty pumped on it.

I'd love to do this. Someone form a vegan team with me, and we'll show everyone how much fun we can have not winning/how much beer I can drink.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm guessing Varg's argument is that everyone pays income tax (even though cyclists don't have jobs or whatever) and that money goes to both the state and to the federal gov't which then doles some fraction of that money out to the states and some fraction of that is allocated to roads.

In that scenario it's stretching it to say that cyclists are "paying taxes for roads" in a meaningful sense compared to drivers.

maxxwell
Always Touring

Post by maxxwell » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:13 am

I did a seriously face palm to everything varg was saying. wow
iON TOUR MOSSSSSST OF THE TIME - http://www.myspace.com/senderreceiver

ImageImage