More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Just saw Murphy's Law on St. Patty's day in Brooklyn.

Post by Crumpty Williams » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Best punk show I've been to in a long time. U mad? lol
i fucking rule.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Re: Just saw Murphy's Law on St. Patty's day in Brooklyn.

Post by El Rhino » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:15 pm

A little.

I've seen them a handful of times and they're probably one of my favorite live bands - I hardly ever listen to them at home. I wish they would come back (Hairy Mary's was one of their favorite places to play) but with all due respect to that venue, I don't think it would be the same at VM.

Murphy's Law with the Blue Meanies at the Safari in the summer of '97 was definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to. The Blue Meanies sucked though.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm

this one was at a place called the trash bar. Excellent venue, free beer and wells for the first hour, primo sound... 5 opening bands (4 killer, 1 filler, but the killer definitely made up for the filler)... the place sold out for the first time since its been open (6 years). All-around amazing night. Extra noteworthy opening band was the Bullys - http://myspace.com/thebullys

And yeah i see what you mean about the mews not being quite the same, though i do think they could tear it up quite well there as well.
i fucking rule.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 pm

dude, I totally forgot you live here. we gotta hang sometime.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 pm

im definitely down man
i fucking rule.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:34 am

El Rhino wrote:A little.

I've seen them a handful of times and they're probably one of my favorite live bands - I hardly ever listen to them at home. I wish they would come back (Hairy Mary's was one of their favorite places to play) but with all due respect to that venue, I don't think it would be the same at VM.

Murphy's Law with the Blue Meanies at the Safari in the summer of '97 was definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to. The Blue Meanies sucked though.
I personally like the other show they did in 97 but I was in the band that opened so, I'm a bit prejudged about it. Plus Victims A played the 21+. Then again they got Andy from SK up on stage at the other one and he sung the farmer song.

Been getting that Promoting itch and thought about getting a hold of them but thought the same thing about the Mews. I was looking around for maybe some shows in the area and it's dead all around. Oh, the Business are coming back through but no one cares. I do miss then coming through but don't miss the hang overs and them always being 2 or 3 hours late.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:49 am

DaVo wrote: Been getting that Promoting itch and thought about getting a hold of them but thought the same thing about the Mews. I was looking around for maybe some shows in the area and it's dead all around. Oh, the Business are coming back through but no one cares. I do miss then coming through but don't miss the hang overs and them always being 2 or 3 hours late.

Gonna need some details about The Bidness.

Nam

Post by Nam » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:25 pm

El Rhino wrote:
DaVo wrote: Been getting that Promoting itch and thought about getting a hold of them but thought the same thing about the Mews. I was looking around for maybe some shows in the area and it's dead all around. Oh, the Business are coming back through but no one cares. I do miss then coming through but don't miss the hang overs and them always being 2 or 3 hours late.

ryan: dont remember if i thanked ya for when ya took me to omaha for that show but thanks again, was a fun show. even seeing agnostic front play the same thing for the 4th time was good.

davo: i barely unerstand your english
blah

Shane

Post by Shane » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Nam wrote:davo: i barely unerstand your english
Hello pot, meet kettle.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Nam

Post by Nam » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 pm

no thanks, i dont do drugs
blah

Shane

Post by Shane » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:33 am

DaVo wrote:
El Rhino wrote:A little.

I personally like the other show they did in 97 but I was in the band that opened so, I'm a bit prejudged about it. Plus Victims A played the 21+. Then again they got Andy from SK up on stage at the other one and he sung the farmer song.

Been getting that Promoting itch and thought about getting a hold of them but thought the same thing about the Mews. I was looking around for maybe some shows in the area and it's dead all around. Oh, the Business are coming back through but no one cares. I do miss then coming through but don't miss the hang overs and them always being 2 or 3 hours late.

Dude ........ no one cares about your old crusty bands. What, are you like 50 ? Give up the dream brother. Move on sir. Unless you want to promote some Emo and other similar garbage.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:10 am

El Rhino wrote:

4/30 - Triple Rock Social Club - Minn, MN w/The Hollow Points
5/1 - Riot Room - KC, MO w/The Hollow Points

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:16 am

Nam wrote:
El Rhino wrote:

ryan: dont remember if i thanked ya for when ya took me to omaha for that show but thanks again, was a fun show. even seeing agnostic front play the same thing for the 4th time was good.

davo: i barely unerstand your english
Used to love the Business but then I had to stand through them about 5 times in a year. They turned into the Social Distortion of Oi! just too much touring.

Also they lost a lot of love when they dragged on their set for over an hour because they weren't headlining or getting along with TSOL. So I got to see over an hour of a band I'd already seen twice that year and 15 minutes of a band, I'd waited 20+ years to see.

Now that I look at the date, I'm thinking about going. In fact the only reason I noticed they were playing was cause I was thinking of heading down there around the end of April.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:22 am

You're welcome, Nam. That was my 20th birthday, if I remember correctly.

Also, you would think that after 111 attempts, Shamone Jackson would at least say something intelligent/funny/worthwhile on accident by now.