More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Legends boycott or eat there more?

Boycott
17%
Eat there more
8%
I never ate there anyway because they suck.
75%

Total votes: 12

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Legends poll

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm

I poop on Petland!

joseph

Re: Legends poll

Post by joseph » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:40 pm

the one downtown was nasty. the one in pleasant hill had good service. its like perkins but with booze.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 pm

joseph wrote:the one downtown was nasty. the one in pleasant hill had good service. its like perkins but with booze.
And an overkill of TVs. They even have TVs in the shitter room.
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

TV in the baffroom????
thats a great idea.

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:07 pm

I've never been there and I don't give a shit about them.
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:10 pm

i dont like teachers either

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Got locked out of a movie with a friend, so we went to Legends and ate until it was over. Wasn't horrible, wasn't great. I would say a little bit better than Perkins though.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 pm

vegan ss wrote:I've never been there and I don't give a shit about them.
+1

What exactly happened there with teachers?

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:46 pm

from what i heard teachers were downtown in service( i dont know what this is) and there was a bunch of them eating at legends. one teacher had a complaint and the manager/owner(one of?) and her(?) went at it and he said something like get the fuck out and i dont care about teachers.

at least thats the semi drunken story i got told.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:56 pm

El Rhino wrote:
vegan ss wrote:I've never been there and I don't give a shit about them.
+1

What exactly happened there with teachers?
Read the full e-mails below:
As many of you know, yesterday DMPS had a teacher in-service at the Convention Center downtown. I was with a group of 8 teachers that went to lunch at Legend’s on Court Avenue. One of the teachers in our group found a hair in her salad. When informed, our server rolled her eyes and said, “It is not my fault. I did not put it there.” Then as she walked away she said, “When can this day be over?” We thought management would like to know of her rude comments, and thought our group member who received the “hair salad” deserved to hear something along the lines of, “We are sorry for the hair, and for our server’s response.” Additionally, we thought the manager might want to speak with the server about better ways to respond to reports of hair in the food. Someone in our group went over to ask for a manager and was told a manager would be sent over. Ten minutes later, we had finally been able to pay (after nearly 1½ hours of lovely company, but terrible service), but there was still no manager. We needed to leave to get back to our meeting. We stopped at the bar on our way out and tried to speak with the manager, but she told us she was too busy and we would need to sit down for 5 minutes to wait. We told her we had already been waiting, and needed to leave. She offered to have the owner come out of the kitchen to speak with us. We said that would be great.

Several minutes later, an angry man came out and introduced himself as the owner. He repeatedly stated that he was understaffed that day and that was why our service was so poor. Each time we attempted to refocus on our server’s response to the hair, he would reply that the entire staff was stressed out because “all of these teachers keep showing up unannounced to eat”. We told him that our concern was not with the speed of service, but with the response of his server when we told her there was a hair in the salad. From approximately 5 inches from my face, he yelled, “Let me ask you something! Did she charge you for it?” I told him that we were not charged for it, but the server’s response was inappropriate. He angrily said he did not see what the problem was. He said if “anyone” lets him know of the Des Moines Public Schools in service next year he will be ready for us. We told him that would not be necessary for us, because we would not be coming back.

At that point he yelled , “Good! Get out! GET OUT! I don’t want any teachers here!” He started walking back toward the kitchen. We were stunned that what could have been solved with the simple statement, “Sorry about the hair in your salad, and about your server’s response to the hair” (by anyone…the server, the manager, or the owner) had escalated to this point. We turned to leave. As we were walking past other customers, we heard him yelling “Buh-bye, Teachers! Buh-Bye! Don’t come back!” We turned to look back and he was standing in the entrance to his kitchen waving. He then yelled, “Get out teachers! We don’t want you here! Go unionize!” Again, we were stunned at his bizarre behavior. Someone in the group said, “Seriously?” He replied by waving his arms in swooping arcs above his head, wildly gyrating his hips in an obscene manner, and yelling , “Hasta luego teachers! Hasta luego! GET OUT!” It was a very disturbing sight. I replied, “You need to get some counseling.” We quickly exited the restaurant with him yelling unintelligible things at us.

Mark Rodgers is listed as the owner of several area Legends Restaurants and Jimmy’s American Café . He is part owner of Fire Creek Inn. I plan to respect his “I don’t want any teachers here” proclamation. Additionally I will take every opportunity I have to help him keep his restaurants “teacher free”. Please pass this on to other teachers, people who support teachers, and people who do not like to spend money to be publically berated by an out of control man.

Thanks!

Marsha
Dear teachers and guests of Legends, I am writing you this apology as I have been watching this whole ordeal snowball today. I have received hundreds of emails today, and have kept up to date on the new Facebook page telling everyone to boycott our establishments. It is too bad that this incident has escalated the way it has, and nobody really took the time to think about what they were forwarding on to probably thousands of people by now.

I am the Director of Operations from Legends, and I first want to extend my sincere apologies to all of the teachers out there. The work you do is a thankless job most of the time, and I applaud your efforts you give every day to make our youth turn into fine young men and women.

I have several friends that are teachers, and in fact we employ several teachers. And I assure you that this one incident does not summarize the way we feel about teachers and guests. I want you all to know and understand that we work hard every day to make sure our guests leave happy when they have dined in one of our establishments. The company is much larger than just Mark Rogers. We employ over 500 people now as we have grown over the years, providing jobs to the Des Moines area. Have we had some ticked off staff members over the years? Of course we have. Name a company that has been around for 15 years that hasn’t. Have we had some ticked off customers over the years? Have we given poor service over the years? Of course we have. It is bound to happen. But I would like to bet that for every angry customer we have made a 100 happy. That is why we have made it as long as we have. We truly care about everyone’s experience in our restaurants.

What happened with Mark is very unfortunate. But I want you all to know that he has been a business man in Des Moines for many years now, long before Legends was even dreamed of 15 years ago. He has employed thousands of people over the years, including the 500 or so we have on staff right now. Legends has donated thousands of dollars to area schools, from simple fundraisers to feeding the football teams, to after prom parties, to little league sponsorships. We cater charity golf events and have our own annual golf tournament for Blank Children’s Hospital where we have also donated thousands of dollars. We can do all of these things because of fine people like you who visit our restaurants.

Mark is a good man. He is trying to keep a company afloat in a very tough economy. He is running short staffed and is trying his hardest to make people happy. His sister was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer last week and he has had an overload on his mind for many weeks now. He is working 7 days a week to try and make everything run smoothly, and unfortunately this teacher convention caught him off guard. He was not ready for the business, was short staffed, flustered, tired, worried, and an unhappy guest pushed him over the edge. He knows what he did was wrong, and apologized on the news tonight. Some people are going to say that he didn’t mean it and to boycott our restaurants anyway. That is unfortunate, because it is not Mark Rogers you are hurting…it is the 500 employees that work for him that you are hurting. Employees with kids and families to feed, mortgages to pay, utilities to pay, car payments to make, school loans to pay, and the list goes on. So I ask you to not make this incident be the last of Legends American Grill. I ask you to please accept my apology along with Mark’s. I ask you to please continue to visit our establishments so we can continue to grow with the fine city of Des Moines and the suburbs. I hope you can find the compassion in your hearts to forgive him, and accept his apology.

Please forward this to the same people you received the first email from, as I do not want to miss a teacher or patron of Legends with this apology. Please address any future emails to troy.lebeck@legendsamericangrill.com

Again, my sincere apologies,

Troy Lebeck Director of Operations Rogers Restaurant Group
I poop on Petland!

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:50 pm

this is the guy that used to co own it with j. micheal mccoy, right?
met the dude in person plenty of times, PIECE OF FUCKIN SHIT.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 pm

This is a major uproar with teachers. Legends sucks anyways. I remember going to one at some point and each booth had it's very own tv at it. But all you could watch were sports channels, I was really upset. I am boycotting Legends not because of my teaching affiliation, but because they practically force you to watch sports while eating food. I would settle for the juke box dealies like at Stellas or the hilarious songs they have at Waffle House.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Okoboji > Legend's

Boji Fries.

Both are very mediocre though.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:10 am

Nick wrote:Okoboji > Legend's

Boji Fries.

Both are very mediocre though.

Now this I do NOT agree with. Okoboji has the most boring menu on the planet. I hate seasoned fries. I would rather eat at Fazoli's.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:24 am

jjjsXe wrote: I would rather eat at Fazoli's.

Yuck.

Okoboji is ok for what it is, I suppose. I think I go there once or twice a year with my dad and I'm usually happy with a club sandwich and some boji fries.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:23 am

Fuck both places. Drake Diner!!!!!!!!!

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 am

Boji fries rule.

Also, I vaguely remember someone back in high school telling me that "boji" is Korean for vagina.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:06 pm

robdigi wrote:Boji fries rule.

Also, I vaguely remember someone back in high school telling me that "boji" is Korean for vagina.
You are correct, sir. I used to have a Korean girlfriend and I used to put my chaji in her boji all the time.
I poop on Petland!

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 pm

this whole uproar is retarded.

Nam

Post by Nam » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:08 pm

if the owner says he doesnt want them there they shouldnt go, the manager is lame for apologizing to everyone and covering his boss when he didnt do it.

i think its kinda awesome/funny to see "word of mouth" in action
blah

Shane

Post by Shane » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:50 pm

Nam wrote:i think its kinda awesome/funny to see "word of mouth" in action
THE INTERNET.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:41 am

Is Legends the place below Peoples on Court ?
Either way, I ate there once and just ordered hot chicken fingers/boneless wings/whatever. They were $8 and fucking the worst. Flacid and shitty.And the bartenders were Cunts.Probably the black thing . Fuck that place.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:03 am

Shamone Jackson wrote: Flacid and shitty.
Just like your dick after man-raping Varg in the alley behind Legends.
I poop on Petland!

Nam

Post by Nam » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:21 am

Shamone Jackson wrote:Is Legends the place below Peoples on Court ?
Either way, I ate there once and just ordered hot chicken fingers/boneless wings/whatever. They were $8 and fucking the worst. Flacid and shitty.And the bartenders were Cunts.Probably the black thing . Fuck that place.
who, an actual post. well done
blah

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:56 pm

the chicken fingers are pretty decent. they also have a fruit smoothie thats good. thats about all ive eaten there so far.

weirdtaylor

Post by weirdtaylor » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:31 pm

They did not pay for the salad what more do they want? a free fucking salad and they were still pissed!
If I eat meat, and count sheep to sleep, will the sheep come to eat when I sleep?

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:53 pm

women have to make a big deal about everything. are you new?

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:57 am

You are jonny reeferseed right?

We are going to have problems weed boy

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:00 am

We'll have some problems if you don't get your black ass in gear and fetch my slippers.
I poop on Petland!

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:29 am

Where are you playing next ?

I WILL show up and put a black fist on your face