More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Ben M.

Re: Legalized?

Post by Ben M. » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Not much of a weed fan, but this has needed to be done for a long time. Given California's financial situation as well, this could be a good move for the state. It simply does not make sense to have alcohol and tobacco legal but to have marijuana illegal.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Have you seen the Humboldt county documentary? You might rethink your statement. Legalizing it has caused unexpected problems. I think it was something such as growers buy houses and completely destroy them without the owners knowledge and move out a few months later. Also showed a few families who were forced to move out of their home of 10 years or something since the rent kept going up (which only the growers could afford.)

Another thing was the communities residents are fearful due to the houses that get robbed and shit. I don't know, I don't really care either way.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:10 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:Have you seen the Humboldt county documentary? You might rethink your statement. Legalizing it has caused unexpected problems. I think it was something such as growers buy houses and completely destroy them without the owners knowledge and move out a few months later. Also showed a few families who were forced to move out of their home of 10 years or something since the rent kept going up (which only the growers could afford.)

Another thing was the communities residents are fearful due to the houses that get robbed and shit. I don't know, I don't really care either way.
I have seen it, but I think that legalizing/decriminalizing it will extinguish these problems. Now that the gov't can regulate it growers don't have to sneak around the law or the DEA, they can grow without having to worry about getting caught.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:53 am

tylerjames515 wrote:Have you seen the Humboldt county documentary? You might rethink your statement. Legalizing it has caused unexpected problems. I think it was something such as growers buy houses and completely destroy them without the owners knowledge and move out a few months later. Also showed a few families who were forced to move out of their home of 10 years or something since the rent kept going up (which only the growers could afford.)

If growers are actually ruining houses by running legal growing operations, then that's a landlord/tenant problem, not a government one. I'm guessing these were illegal grow ops that you're hearing about and I'm sure the damage and frequency of this happening is being highly exaggerated by some reefer madness law enforcement official like the mouth breather they quoted for this article. That dude had to get really stupid and played the meth and coke card.

The only problem with this particular bill is that the tax is way to high. At $50 an ounce, people are going to keep growing their own, buying from illegal dealers, and faking ailments to get a medical card. if they are going to tax it, the tax shouldn't be any more than $10 an ounce.
I poop on Petland!

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:13 am

You can watch it here. It showed positive and negatives stemming from it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7fc_1256169899

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:59 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:You can watch it here. It showed positive and negatives stemming from it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7fc_1256169899
There are no negatives to legalizing cannabis. The people who make these type of bullshit documentaries are so blinded by Reefer Madness that it makes them retarded enough not to realize that they are actually making a good case for why we should legalize cannabis. All the bad things happening in that town would stop if weed were legal for everybody to grow and use for whatever purpose they want.

Keeping weed illegal for recreational users creates a black market that thugs and cartels can take advantage of. Make it totally legal and all that stops. Growing and using pot should not be regulated anymore than growing tomatoes in your backyard is.
I poop on Petland!

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:34 pm

$50 an ounce? that's expensive?
you mean gram?

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:45 pm

inx515xhell wrote:$50 an ounce? that's expensive?
you mean gram?
$50 is the tax they want to add to the price on every ounce. Having that high of a tax will just keep black market weed profitable.
I poop on Petland!

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:50 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:Legalizing it has caused unexpected problems. I think it was something such as growers buy houses and completely destroy them without the owners knowledge and move out a few months later.
if the growers are buying the houses, they are the owners...perhaps you mean renting?

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:51 pm

inx515xhell wrote:$50 an ounce? that's expensive?
you mean gram?
From my understanding it's $50 in taxes for every ounce sold, which isn't too bad.
Big Fat Retard wrote:[faking ailments to get a medical card. if they are going to tax it, the tax shouldn't be any more than $10 an ounce.
In this bill it says nothing about having a medical card, if you're over 21 smoke away, no medical card needed! This bill goes up for a state wide vote in California in November, my guess is it will pass.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:02 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:Legalizing it has caused unexpected problems. I think it was something such as growers buy houses and completely destroy them without the owners knowledge and move out a few months later.
if the growers are buying the houses, they are the owners...perhaps you mean renting?
Oops, yeah. That was it exactly...and I get what you're saying Mr. Reeferseed about it being completely legal and these problems wouldn't happen...BUT what about moderation? Do you really think if they say, "you can have this much and it's legal" that people are going to follow it and moderate accordingly? Probably not...

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 pm

ah i see.
my bad, should have read the article.

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 pm

tylerjames515 wrote: BUT what about moderation? Do you really think if they say, "you can have this much and it's legal" that people are going to follow it and moderate accordingly? Probably not...
Do they "moderate accordingly" now? How is it being legal or illegal going to affect whether people use marijuana responsibly? Some will, some won't.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:26 pm

how can you use marijuana irresponsibly?
Tu vir nunc es, canis

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:28 pm

servo wrote:how can you use marijuana irresponsibly?
you just did.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm

The problem with this tax idea is that you'd have to pay the same $50 on a $60 ounce of brickweed that you do on a $400 ounce of KB.

Who gives a fuck about moderation with weed? It can't kill you like alcohol, pills, meth, & coke can.
I poop on Petland!

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:The problem with this tax idea is that you'd have to pay the same $50 on a $60 ounce of brickweed that you do on a $400 ounce of KB.
yeah that's whack, but i don't think i've smoked shwag in like a year.
STICKIEST OF THE ICKY MY FRIEND

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:The problem with this tax idea is that you'd have to pay the same $50 on a $60 ounce of brickweed that you do on a $400 ounce of KB..
I doubt that in California anyone would sell you brickweed.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:02 pm

KY Jelly Belly wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:The problem with this tax idea is that you'd have to pay the same $50 on a $60 ounce of brickweed that you do on a $400 ounce of KB..
I doubt that in California anyone would sell you brickweed.
you're dead wrong, ese.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 pm

but in all actuality it seems like shit weed would still be bought and sold illegally while the good stuff is taxed.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Good job winning one for the good guys, Arnold.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:Who gives a fuck about moderation with weed? It can't kill you like alcohol, pills, meth, & coke can.

Edge kids will kill you.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:37 pm

jjjsXe wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:Who gives a fuck about moderation with weed? It can't kill you like alcohol, pills, meth, & coke can.

Edge kids will kill you.
only in salt lake city.

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 am

jjjsXe wrote:

Edge kids will kill you.

They are a fearsome bunch,,,,, 130 lbs,,,,, bad asses from Clive ,,,,

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 am

No shit you guys would start talking about straight edge.
stfu.

Listen to The Decline and legalize it.

-Joe.

killmesara

Post by killmesara » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:43 am

Im sure no one here gives a fuck about my opinion but yeah i live in Boulder Colorado and legalization of marijuana seems like it may happen soon here. I have my medical card which in this state is easier to get than a driver's liscense. the prices here are all relatively the same they would be if the shit were illegal. I can go to a dispensary and buy an 8th for $60, or get brick packed garbage from some sketchy ass dude on the street for the same price. You pay sales tax on your purchase at a dispensary which sucks, but the quality is there. If you don't like paying dispensary or club prices you always have the option to grow your own which is easy as fuck since all the gardening stores around here host classes on hydro/aeroponics and are all fully stocked with everything youd ever need.
the police are pretty lax about possesion here. If you dont have your card they basically just dump your shit out or give you a ticket and send you on your way. they have far better things to deal with than someone copping a buzz.
Alot of people wont agree with this but since "Medical" Marijuana was legalized in CO, arrests for harder drugs have gone down. Sure dispensaries get robbed but so do gas stations.
People think that, "if i get a medical card, the governement will put my name on a list so ill just keep buying from my guy" which is stupid because the government already has your name on "lists"
The legalization of "medical" marijuana in CO has helped the local economy 10 fold which is awesome. there are new resturaunts, nurserys, bakeries , artspaces, and venues opening up everyday because people can afford to invest their money back into the community now. Its fucking great.
This is something Iowa should deffinately vote into the legislature.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:18 am

1. who are you?
2. why do you live in boulder?
3. come see my band in denver @ 3 kings on feb 4th. we all live in boulder.

killmesara

Post by killmesara » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:47 am

I use to live in des moines
I live in boulder because it is awesome
I would go to your show but i dont have a car, and i work 11pm to 7am every night

The tax i pay when i buy my "meds" is local state sales tax. a $400 ounce would set you back $28 in sales tax. Some of the nicer dispensarys include tax in the price which is nice. I dont under stand why the government doesnt just do this...

killmesara

Post by killmesara » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:07 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:The problem with this tax idea is that you'd have to pay the same $50 on a $60 ounce of brickweed that you do on a $400 ounce of KB.

Who gives a fuck about moderation with weed? It can't kill you like alcohol, pills, meth, & coke can.
This thing about this is that when there is so much high quality weed around no one wastes their time smoking shitty weed. The shit ive encountered outside of a dispensary here in boulder is low grade home grown stuff that wasnt good enough to be sold for full price, that when smoked will still get you fucked nine ways to sunday. when people grow the stuff themselves they take better care of it than they take care of their cars. Smuggled in Brick weed is a non issue. Which is another good thing about legalization, no more tax dollars spent fighting people bringing in shitty product.