More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

creepykid

SUNDAY FOOTBALL

Post by creepykid » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:55 pm

Fucking Steelers. Stupid fucking penalties helped put those piece of shit Bengals in field goal position TWICE. Who can believe the fucking Bengals with possible super bowl appearance? FER REAL.

Pretty excited about the Colts and Patriots tonight. I'm not a fan of either team but I like Manning. Fuck Brady.

inx515xhell

Re: SUNDAY FOOTBALL

Post by inx515xhell » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:58 pm

creepykid wrote:Fuck Brady.
X420!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:07 pm

Vikings are 8-1. Rock on!
I poop on Petland!

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:52 pm

The Cowboys lost. They played like shit, and I am bummed.

Stoked about the Steelers losing, though. I hate them, but I can't really explain why. It's not like their coach is an asshole, and Roethlisberger seems like a decent guy. Maybe it's just because James Harrison is a piece of shit thug.

And fuck the Viqueens!

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:34 am

i think that "piece of shit thugs" could be said for LOTS of NFL players. just sayin'.

Way to go Colts!!!

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:04 am

Not stoked about the Steelers loss at all...didn't care either way but I'm glad the Patriots didn't win.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

jonnyROCKET

Post by jonnyROCKET » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:32 am

I've been a Bengals fan since elementary school, so I'm pretty stoked on this season. And I support anybody beating the Patriots. Today was a good day football-wise.

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:02 am

I didn't get to watch hardly any games except the Pats/Colts. Great comeback, nothing else to really say about that. Manning deserves it way more than Brady that is for sure.

I am a Steeler's fan, but it is nice to see the Bengals not be horrible. Cincinnatti can use a little bit of hope.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:47 am

I enjoyed the Pats losing, but let's be honest: they got that 4th down, but the refs gave them an obscenely bad spot. The Colts kinda inadvertently stole that game.

aaronxxx

Post by aaronxxx » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:53 am

next year we should do a 515crew fantasy football league

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:16 pm

elliot wrote:I enjoyed the Pats losing, but let's be honest: they got that 4th down, but the refs gave them an obscenely bad spot. The Colts kinda inadvertently stole that game.
the new rules about receiver's juggling catches made this the appropriate call though. You can't give a guy forward progress if he didn't have posession. Good Call Refs.. Bad Call Belli.

sams

Post by sams » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:12 pm

elliot wrote:Maybe it's just because James Harrison is a piece of shit thug.
you like the cowboys...
aaronxxx wrote:next year we should do a 515crew fantasy football league
I like this idea!

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:23 pm

sams wrote:
elliot wrote:Maybe it's just because James Harrison is a piece of shit thug.
you like the cowboys...
lolz

i've never done a fantasy league but would love to!

jonnyROCKET

Post by jonnyROCKET » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm

is it just me, or is there an abundance of pathetic teams in the league this year?

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Yeah, it has become incredibly unbalanced. And only a couple of them have good excuses and are looking up. Tampa Bay will probably be good in a few years when their players get past age 25.

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 pm

i don't think it's an abundance of shitty teams necessarily but more of the stupid rules especially for the quarterbacks. :( i thought this was a ruff n tuff sport? not anymore.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Oh you bet I like the Cowboys.

On the shitty teams angle...I think there are three teams that have only won one game: Rams, Bucs and Browns. That does seem like a lot. Of course, on the flipside, you have two teams that still haven't lost, Saints and Colts. I read a good article a while ago about how many fans are losing interest in the NFL because their teams have been shitty forever, and it seems like the league is just set up for these teams to continue being shitty. Kind of a decent point.

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:49 pm

what i don't understand is the taboo of changing your favorite team or having two teams you like. for instance, my team is the Steelers. but when they aren't playing i really enjoy watching the Colts play, mainly because of Manning. But my buddy I watch football with was like, "man you can't have two favorite teams blah blah blah" and I was like wait i don't have two favorite teams. But if the steelers started to suck or maybe started a racist player or something shitty i could see myself not liking them anymore, at least for the duration of their shittiness (in regards to ethics not win record). I don't know i don't want to sound like one of those guys that goes for the winning team. but i don't see what's wrong with changing your favorite team.

To me with anything, if you like something a lot and it starts to suck and continually suck without any evidence of attempts to make things better i would move on.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 pm

my team has always been san fran...they have been mediocre or sucked for at least the past 5 years...after being a powerhouse of sorts since the 80's...they almost have a solid team this year....i still think they can pull off the nfc west if they get their head outta their ass...that 4 game lose streak was harsh though....most were good close games...as far as favorite teams, i've always been more partial to nfc than afc...i've always liked san fran. but i also enjoy watching philly, and arizona as well.

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Grew up a Bears and Steelers fan. I don't see anything wrong with having a couple of teams that you like a lot. Mostly I just like watching the game though and it doesn't even really matter who is playing.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:12 pm

i feel the same way...its on at my work all day sunday, and its fun to watch....but thanks to your bears for ending my 9ers 4 game lose streak

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:34 pm

Yeah, the bears are rebuilding, and I am thinking that this is going to be a few years process. Injuries obviously hurt, but the secondary is garbage, and the o-line is a mess. the steelers game was some sort of fluke.

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:48 pm

aeon grey wrote:Yeah, the bears are rebuilding, and I am thinking that this is going to be a few years process. Injuries obviously hurt, but the secondary is garbage, and the o-line is a mess. the steelers game was some sort of fluke.
i'll say! i think the bears will be exciting if they can get a good running back. mendenhall ain't cuttin it.
TooManyHumyns wrote:my team has always been san fran...they have been mediocre or sucked for at least the past 5 years...after being a powerhouse of sorts since the 80's...they almost have a solid team this year....i still think they can pull off the nfc west if they get their head outta their ass...that 4 game lose streak was harsh though....most were good close games...as far as favorite teams, i've always been more partial to nfc than afc...i've always liked san fran. but i also enjoy watching philly, and arizona as well.
that's another thing. the browns for example suck and seemed to have always sucked but on the contrary they were an outstanding team back in the 40's and held pretty good until the late 60's and early 70's with pretty reasonable seasons afterwards. it's just lately they've sucked. but all teams go through this trend. if the browns continue to suck and do not make good drafts or obtain good players than i would say if you are a browns fan you should give up on them because they have given up on you.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:42 pm

creepykid wrote:i'll say! i think the bears will be exciting if they can get a good running back. mendenhall ain't cuttin it.
Uh, I think you mean Matt Forte. Mendenhall plays for your Steelers, bud.

As long as you have one solid favorite, it's okay to like more than one team. If asked what other teams I root for, I immediately think of the Colts. Maybe it's just because Peyton is actually funny in the commercials and skits he's been in.

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:52 pm

elliot wrote:
creepykid wrote:i'll say! i think the bears will be exciting if they can get a good running back. mendenhall ain't cuttin it.
Uh, I think you mean Matt Forte. Mendenhall plays for your Steelers, bud.
oops brain fart i was thinking about the steelers while trying to rant about the bears shitty luck with running backs. can we say Cedric Benson :oops:

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:30 pm

Forte is a solid running back. He is having a great receiving year, but simply can't get it going on the ground because of that terrible o-line. If they can get those problems together he could be great.

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:54 pm

thinking about there really isn't much running game going on this year i don't think. you got cedric benson who had a huge game against the bears. AP is really the only dominant RB in the league. nevermind the titans dude. they lack a passing game so they just make him run all the time lol

sams

Post by sams » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:01 pm

The good backs are all on shitty/mediocre teams this year.

chris johnson
steven jackson
jones-drew
deangelo williams

They are all killin it! I have LT and Jacobs on my fantasy team and I have had better performance from undrafted players.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:29 am

Wild games today! Raiders over Bengals, Chiefs over Steelers (Cecil is bummed), a nailbiter between the Browns and the Lions, etc.

Not stoked about how incredibly difficult it was for the Cowboys to beat the Redskins, though. Their offense was playing like shitheads.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:53 am

I watched NO football today. And it was a great Sunday.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others