More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

HeyFergy

The Transgressions (shameless promotion)

Post by HeyFergy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:22 am

Hey dudes, my buddies Ben and Chris are in this rad punk band called The Transgressions from here in Madison and their EP just came out so I thought I would post some spam to promote it. They are pretty awesome and they want more shows outside of Madison so if you like them you should book a show so I can ride down with them and hang out!

Listen to them here:
http://www.myspace.com/thetransgression ... yspacepage

Buy their EP here:
http://rallyrecords.com/releases/the-transgressions/

Their record release show is going to be awesome too...

10/23/2009 7:00 PM at Subvert City w/ Vacation Bible School, Side Project, Amen & the Hell Yeahs, The Transgressions, Carbombs, Truck Stops Across America!!
817 dane st, Madison, Wisconsin

6 bands and 2 beers for $5

Nick

Re: The Transgressions (shameless promotion)

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:08 am

This band is rad. I ordered their new e.p. from Johnny Rally last Friday. Should be arriving in the mail any day now? That cover with Ben sitting on the couch rules.

And yeah...this is totally a band I'd love to see/or book at the Haunted Basement. I talk with Ben on the PPMB quite a bit. If I ever hear of them doing a Midwest tour or anything, I'll definitley ask if they'd be interested in stopping in DSM. The Jetty Boys from Sheboygan are another band I'd love to see play here...also on Rally Records.

And yeah...that show Friday night in Madison looks fucking stellar. Great bands all around.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:34 am

Also, the songs on their myspace player = non-remastered ep stuff. The actual stuff off the album will sound MUCH better. And they recorded with Justin Perkins, who is pretty good at what he does.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:26 am

i've never heard a band quite like this before...

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:44 am

TooManyHumyns wrote:i've never heard a band quite like this before...
Hah!

Nobody is claiming originality here. All punk/hardcore is pretty generic to begin with.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 am

Nick wrote: Nobody is claiming originality here. All punk/hardcore that I talk about on this message board is pretty generic to begin with.
fxd

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:51 pm

joseph wrote:
Nick wrote: Nobody is claiming originality here. All punk/hardcore that I talk about on this message board is pretty generic to begin with.
The bands I listen to are so obscure and original. They are bands that actually create interesting music. You lowly pop punk fans should be jealous of me.
fxd

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Nick wrote:
joseph wrote:
The bands I listen to are good.
fxd
THANKS!