More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

weirdtaylor

the social club

Post by weirdtaylor » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:47 am

is anyone else feel like these guys are just being really fucking lazy? well i am trying to get a show going for a band thats touring through and i cant get ahold of shit. if anyone could suggest a better way to get ahold of someone besides e mail let me know. they will be in town sept 25th if anyone is doing a show that night and could get them in.
If I eat meat, and count sheep to sleep, will the sheep come to eat when I sleep?

aeon grey

Re: the social club

Post by aeon grey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:49 pm

dmurphy@desmoinessocialclub.org

Email for the guy who actually handles the music booking. Stop in there if you are having problems though. There are always people there.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:12 pm

weirdtaylor wrote:is anyone else feel like these guys are just being really fucking lazy? well i am trying to get a show going for a band thats touring through and i cant get ahold of shit. if anyone could suggest a better way to get ahold of someone besides e mail let me know. they will be in town sept 25th if anyone is doing a show that night and could get them in.
i still havent been there but posting in public about how theyre lazy isnt really gonna make them feel guilty. they got all kinds of stuff going on. and im sure everybody in town that ever thought they were an "artiste" is trying to get them to babysit.
i like aeons advice. go there.

weirdtaylor

Post by weirdtaylor » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 pm

yeah i am heading there today. person to person is just so much easier. thanks for the advice.
If I eat meat, and count sheep to sleep, will the sheep come to eat when I sleep?

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:28 pm

make sure you ask for dave murphy.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:15 pm

and try to be social.
and maybe put yourself together a little bit.
a little mousse and make-up never hurts.
and skin to win.

weirdtaylor

Post by weirdtaylor » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:36 pm

so they are full up on sept 25th. is anything going on at the bassment that night?