More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

joseph

tom2electric relative?

Post by joseph » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:46 pm

http://moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issue ... etown.html
The Quest for El Dorado

“Mel loved to drink,” says Emma Halverson, Mel’s cousin and heir. “He started pretty young, I guess. He didn’t have much parental supervision.”

So it would appear. A careful study of Mel’s journals, graciously provided by Mrs. Halverson, reveals that Mel loved everything about the drinking experience: the taste, the joy, the tradition, the camaraderie, the madness, the adventures. Especially the adventures. Mel spent five years, between 1946 and 1950, restlessly crisscrossing the globe, drinking his way through the great libertine cities of Dublin, London, Havana, Barcelona, Rio, New York, New Orleans and Paris. He would later realize he was subconsciously and systematically searching for the El Dorado of alcohol, the mythical golden city with the perfect drinking scene. The manner of fleeting paradise the Lost Generation had found in Paris in the 1920s. If it could no longer be found in the City of Lights, if the war had chased it away, it must have gone somewhere else, right?

tom2electricboogaloo

Re: tom2electric relative?

Post by tom2electricboogaloo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:04 pm

she's my great grandmother's daughter.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 pm

so is that a great-aunt or grandmother

ill be honest, i dont really care i just like it when i have the most recent post in all 4 forumz
Tu vir nunc es, canis

tom2electricboogaloo

Post by tom2electricboogaloo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:00 pm

dethroned.