More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Beaver

Old West on Fluer

Post by Beaver » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:49 pm

This place is my new Heroin. Had their Especial Enchilladas "Old West" style last night along w/ a powerful 48 oz margi. Had the chimichanga chicken/beef lunch special last week. Lunch was cheap as shit. They have 2.99 16 oz margi specials too. This place destroys Feista Cancun. Sorry Rhino. La Hacienda has been declining and havent ate there since summer, so I will say its better. It is quickly overtaking El Rodeo in my mind. I suggest peeps check it out. I saw some veggie items on the menu too for all you yellow bellys on here.

If this place had a hole, I'd fuck it.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Re: Old West on Fluer

Post by El Rhino » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:46 am

Fiesta Cancun has the firme heinas though.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:49 am

Taco Jerez
I poop on Petland!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:24 pm

I went to this place the other night.

Honestly, I wasn't too impressed. I ordered chicken fajitas and I didn't think they were as good as Fiesta Cancun. Fiesta Cancun owns the parilla circuit. They do some things I don't like (sometimes the cheese they smother shit in isn't good at all) but I didn't think this place was any better if at all than Fiesta Cancun.

The service was a little off and I don't like the layout of the building. I <3 the waitresses at Fiesta Cancun and the set-up is a little better.

Maybe the things like tacos or enchiladas are better, but I wasn't too impressed with the fajitas. They weren't bad by any means, just nothing to write home about. Adena ordered the veggie fajitas and liked what she got but also thought it wasn't much different than the same dish anywhere else. The veggie fajitas were a large platter of grilled vegetables - peppers, onions and broccoli (?) with rice, beans and salad.

I ordered the flan. Flan is something I get cravings for often but I'm not really too into it. The flan looked pretty bad but it was actually very good - better than the flan napolitano at Fiesta Cancun or anywhere around here, really. I noticed the description for flan is "a Mexican custard". No wonder Spanish people hate Mexicans, trying to steal their thunder.

Place was ok, but I don't see myself going back.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:35 pm

The waitresses at Fiesta Cancun are sexier than Hooters Girls, without having to wear skimpy outfits.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:25 pm

elliot wrote:The waitresses at Fiesta Cancun are sexier than Hooters Girls, without having to wear skimpy outfits.
Agreed...and a lot more pleasant to deal with. Hooters is good for a laugh but it ends up getting really annoying when each and every one of them comes up to your table. One of the main waitresses at Fiesta Cancun seems to give me better service when I go there by myself as opposed to with a girl, but both of the main waitresses are always very good and easy on the eyes.

I think the paradilla especial - marinated and grilled grilled steak, chicken, pork, chorizo and quesadillas with a ton of peppers and onions followed by pastel de tres leches would be one of my all time favorite meals.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:55 pm

so, they're opening a La Hacienda in the old Bakers Square on Ingersoll, just saw it today, they are painting it that gross orange color to make it look like a pueblo or something.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:53 pm

El Aguilla Real is still the best Mexican in Des Moines.

Los Laureles is up there too. <----That shit is authentic!

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:49 am

Nick wrote:El Aguilla Real is still the best Mexican in Des Moines.

Los Laureles is up there too. <----That shit is authentic!
COP

scottyrobotty

Post by scottyrobotty » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 pm

los llaureles
la pena
el alguila real tastes the same as el rodeo to me. both decent but not kickass.
stuff.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:57 pm

Remember the Taco Loco wagon? Well, that dude has moved on up to the Eastside, to that delux apartment in the sky-high and got himself an actual restaurant where Top's Steak House used to be on 2nd & University. The burritos are most enchanting.
I poop on Petland!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:42 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:Remember the Taco Loco wagon? Well, that dude has moved on up to the Eastside, to that delux apartment in the sky-high and got himself an actual restaurant where Top's Steak House used to be on 2nd & University. The burritos are most enchanting.
Top's Closed. That kind of suck but then again I haven't been there in a couple of years. I think it was the last of Greek steakhouses.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:44 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:Remember the Taco Loco wagon? Well, that dude has moved on up to the Eastside, to that delux apartment in the sky-high and got himself an actual restaurant where Top's Steak House used to be on 2nd & University. The burritos are most enchanting.
I remember reading about this somewhere. I need to go check that shit out soon.

Cosmo

Post by Cosmo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:36 am

DaVo wrote:
Top's Closed. That kind of suck but then again I haven't been there in a couple of years. I think it was the last of Greek steakhouses.
Mr. Filet is still open. Hours are limited, but Greek owned with the best TRUSTED gyro in town. I liked Olympic Flame until they damn near killed my friend and his party of 20. Everyone was losing their stomach for 3 days.

Anyway, ate at Fiesta a couple times and was never too impressed. My new obsession is Pueblo Viejo on NE 14th next to AMF lanes. Used to be Plaza Mexico. Pretty much the same place and really good shredded beef. Second best, in my opinion, Tequila on E 29 and Easton. Can't beat their Steak tacos!
I've had Old West a couple time at work and wasn't too impressed either time.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:00 pm

One thing I sure as shit can't find in Des Moines is good Chili Verde. Seriously...does any place around here make good Carnitas? Fuck.