More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

moltar

Haunted Basement attendance notice

Post by moltar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:16 pm

This is just a heads up to anyone coming to near future show at the HB. I had two "undercover" cops walk in and throw their own little impromptu search and investigation at 10:30 Friday night. There was not a lot I could do since they were both bigger than Mark and probably carrying.

Basically it would be really helpful to the place if those of age keep ahold of their alcohol. Also talking to people who you may not know or locking our front door and keeping meat heads with radios out in the street is a plus as well.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Re: Haunted Basement attendance notice

Post by servo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:29 pm

whoa
howd that go?
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Actually surprised this hadn't happened sooner.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:53 pm

how do you know they were undercover? what did they "search" for? it's important when something like this happens, officially or unofficially, to always state aloud "i do not consent to this search" as many times as you need to and make sure there is a witness present. if it happens again, contact a lawyer(i know a good one if you need it).
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:33 pm

@nonymous wrote:if it happens again, contact a lawyer(i know a good one if you need it).
Please send Nate this information ASAP. Is this the same lady that was representing the Sweet Bee? That'd be nice to have her let Nate and the dudes there know what rights they have.

Nate, PM me your #. I will call you later if I can.

-Joe.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:58 pm

You let them search your place without a warrant? That's something you never do, no matter how big they are or if they're "carrying". Next time demand a warrant. If they don't have one, politely shut the door in their face and get it all on video.
I poop on Petland!

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:06 pm

whoa, what was going on that caused this? why can't these pieces of shit waste their time harassing someone else..
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:28 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:whoa, what was going on that caused this? why can't these pieces of shit waste their time harassing someone else..
Because it's easier than raiding a crack house where they might get shot.
I poop on Petland!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:11 am

Nate wanted me to let you guys know there should be no drinking or anything else at the show tomorrow or for the next couple shows.

Keep that in mind, play it safe, don't be stupid.

-Joe.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:06 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:That's something you never do, no matter how big they are or if they're "carrying".
Truth. Unfortunately having a gun and being able to beat someone up doesn't give you the legal right to do whatever.

So let's hear the details.... What were they posing like? What sort of things were they saying? How do you know they were cops?

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:55 am

@nonymous wrote:how do you know they were undercover? what did they "search" for? it's important when something like this happens, officially or unofficially, to always state aloud "i do not consent to this search" as many times as you need to and make sure there is a witness present. if it happens again, contact a lawyer(i know a good one if you need it).
Blah, blah, blah. Fact is, they're cops, they can do whatever they want, and there's nothing you can do about it. Trust me on this, I've been on the shitty end of these sort of situations ten times more than anyone of you. All they have to say is they smelled marijuana, saw someone who looked underage with alcohol etc, and they have probable cause to do a search. It doesn't matter if they really did or not, because that's what they'll say.

And as for fighting cops, I've been there too, and you're not going to win. If you're on top, count on more of them jumping on you, hitting you with something, pepper spraying you, pulling guns etc.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:04 pm

joey chaos wrote:Blah, blah, blah. Fact is, they're cops, they can do whatever they want, and there's nothing you can do about it. Trust me on this, I've been on the shitty end of these sort of situations ten times more than anyone of you. All they have to say is they smelled marijuana, saw someone who looked underage with alcohol etc, and they have probable cause to do a search. It doesn't matter if they really did or not, because that's what they'll say.
of course they can do what they want. but you still have rights, and with the proper documentation you can be successful in these situations; i've been there too.
joey chaos wrote:And as for fighting cops, I've been there too, and you're not going to win. If you're on top, count on more of them jumping on you, hitting you with something, pepper spraying you, pulling guns etc.
assault on a police officer is a serious felony and can carry a hefty sentence. the point of this: NO ONE LISTEN TO JOEY FOR LEGAL ADVICE.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm

oh, moltar i pm'ed you the civil liberties lawyer contact.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:55 pm

Joey Chaos wrote: And as for fighting cops, I've been there too, and you're not going to win. If you're on top, count on more of them jumping on you, hitting you with something, pepper spraying you, pulling guns etc.
naw dog, i fought the law and won before. they pulled the "smelled marijuana" and even said they saw some on the seat (through the illegal tint on my windows). all charges dropped. and i was free to terrorize urbandale again.

moltar

Post by moltar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:26 pm

Thanks dudes. I had no idea these guys were cops until they started asking a bunch of stupid questions. I was worried they were going to loot or wreck the place. Once their idiot questions, repeated reassurances of "we're cool," and two way radios gave them away it was already just easier to let them scan the place than make an issue of things.

Since we're in the clear, everyone can go back to your normal meth cooking and crack smoking. So come on over to the haunted basement, the drugs are in the safe by the red leather couch. Pull some tags off some mattresses if you get bored.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:39 pm

the no beer policy was out the window immediately.

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:50 pm

yeah that lasted about 10 minutes.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:04 pm

cops are lurking 515crew!!!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:48 am

You guys need to put on a show at the Haunted Basement with Legal Limit http://dmpdlegallimit.com/_wsn/page2.html opening for Johnny Reeferseed & The High Rollers. http://www.myspace.com/jrshighrollers

It would be really cool if you could get Pat McManus to do an acoustic set between bands.

You can book Legal Limit here:
legallimitband@mchsi.com

Yep I'm serious. You could serve punch,cookies, grilled cheese samiches w/ tomato soup and Totino's pizzas with the proceeds being donated to the toy drive the cops do for Christmas.

If the Haunted Basement has the balls to do it, I'd promise we'd be straight edge for the show.
I poop on Petland!

Potter

Post by Potter » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:57 am

Whoa dude, johnny reeferseed just called out the haunted basement.

I won't book this show but I don't see the harm in it.

moltar

Post by moltar » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:58 pm

If I wanted to watch a bunch of middle aged cops make fools of themselves I'd go to slow pitch softball games not book them to play my house.

Pat McManus on the otherhand I'd book. I haven't seen a PM show since first grade. This guy's sound clips on the radio sound like what South Park makes when they're ripping on bands.

Reeferseed can play if he books a Herb set or youtube recording.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:05 pm

moltar wrote:If I wanted to watch a bunch of middle aged cops make fools of themselves I'd go to slow pitch softball games not book them to play my house.

Pat McManus on the otherhand I'd book. I haven't seen a PM show since first grade. This guy's sound clips on the radio sound like what South Park makes when they're ripping on bands.

Reeferseed can play if he books a Herb set or youtube recording.
What ever happened to Scene Unity? We won't do it unless Legal Limit is involved.

What the hell ever happened to Herb?
I poop on Petland!

moltar

Post by moltar » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Why book them? I expect Legal Limit to just be there anyway the 15th.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote: What ever happened to Scene Unity?
Pretty sure "scene unity" involves actively going to and supporting shows... not waiting around for your dumbass band to get booked.

-Joe.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:05 pm

Joe wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote: What ever happened to Scene Unity?
Pretty sure "scene unity" involves actively going to and supporting shows... not waiting around for your dumbass band to get booked.

-Joe.
I thought "scene unity" was about getting different bands involved instead of the same people in the same three bands all the time. Inviting Legal Limit to play at that house after the retard undercovers were there would be the ultimate artistic statement, but then what the fuck do I know? I never go to shows. I never blow my paycheck on beer at these shows. I think I'll wait around some more.
I poop on Petland!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:13 pm

I don't care about shitty bands and I don't care to get them involved with anything I'm involved in.

-Joe.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:20 pm

Legal Limit is the best fuckin' band in Iowa. You'd be a fool no to try to book them.
I poop on Petland!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:24 pm

Oh wait, I get it now.

Still stupid.

-Joe.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:31 pm

Joe wrote:Oh wait, I get it now.

Still stupid.

-Joe.
I'm still waiting around for someone to book my dumbass band.
I poop on Petland!