More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

teedotjaydot

Google Chrome

Post by teedotjaydot » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:04 pm

Google's web browser.

it's in beta right now but so far i'm impressed.

notably faster across the board.

intuitive layout and features.

get into it.
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

little foot

Re: Google Chrome

Post by little foot » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:36 pm

been messing with it a bit today. not bad, but doesn't seem to work any faster, possibly slower with dial-up (all i can get out here in the sticks). the recent tabs home page is pretty cool. the UI isn't nearly as cool as my firefox theme (pitchdark). it's got a few neat tweeks with the tabs and downloads, but nothing too fancy. the major deal breaker for me, which will affect next to noone these days, is that i can't configure it to automatically dial my dial-up connection when i click on it like i can with IE, thunderbird and firefox, and when i try to open it after i dial, it stalls. a good first effort though, but firefox 3.1 later this year is supposed to be even faster. oh yeah, chrome gets mega points for being open source.
every time you use your cell phone around my kids i am gonna blow smoke in your face. cancer is cancer.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:51 pm

I am learning so much from the Google Chrome comic right now. . .
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

little foot

Post by little foot » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:25 pm

also just found that it can't access my citrix remote desktop that i have to use for work. back to firefox.....
every time you use your cell phone around my kids i am gonna blow smoke in your face. cancer is cancer.