Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

LossofSanity

80/35 Roll Call.

Post by LossofSanity » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Who's all going to this festival?

I can only get off work for tomorrow night. But, I can't wait to see The Flaming Lips. I saw them about a month ago and it was magnificent. Tomorrow night is going to rule.
Good times are so hard to find.

elliot
Represent!

Re: 80/35 Roll Call.

Post by elliot » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:02 pm

I'll be seeing Dillinger Four on Friday AND Saturday night in the Twin Cities.

I win over all of you.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:05 pm

elliot wrote:I'll be seeing Dillinger Four on Friday AND Saturday night in the Twin Cities.

I win over all of you.
goddamnit!
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:17 am

I saw Dillinger Four this past winter.

one of the best shows of my life.

I wish I didn't work this weekend.

Josh

Post by Josh » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:50 pm

dillinger fourth of july! dont forget off with their heads is playing as well.

if i could see dillinger four every night for the rest of my life i would die a happy man.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:17 am

red and i were down there earlier this evening to see the diplomats on one of the free stages. unless you MUST see one of the 'pay per view' bands, there is plenty to see, do, eat, drink, and spend money on w/out dropping 30 bucks at the toll booth.

they have portable atm's set up...$2.75 'convenience fee'. the beer tents only take 'coupons'...the coffee shop sells beer at $4 cash/ bottle...in a plastic cup to go.

suggestion...rock a back pack full of booze and mixers...nobody will notice.
obviously

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:15 am

I was down there.
Too many non-crust whiteboys with dreads. Ya know what I'm talking about?

I was skating back to my place down grand after the show, and the security guards tried to run me over with one of their golf carts. Fuck them.

-Joe.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:56 pm

elliot wrote:
I win over all of you.

O Rly?

I was at a show of the bands Dancing Mood and Sattelite Kingston at the Teatro something or other in lovely Buenos Aires, Argentina. Here´s how the show went down.

About 1,000 + people showed up for a couple of local bands in a big venue. The show started at 11pm or so and guess who opened... clowns. Yes, fucking clowns opened up the show. They did all these fucked up clown things and everyone was all into it. I recall one where they started to do some juggling and whoever was djing would play some lame music, and they would stop, then start up again, then a few second clip of something else stupid..this went on a couple of times and then went into¨Öne Step Beyond¨ by Madness and everyone went nuts and it was the most impressive juggling I´ve ever seen (Yes, Nlaffey, I´ve seen your videos). Then they started breakdancing or some shit.... Then a band that would be contemporary Argentine rock played. THey sucked but everyone was all into it. After they were done, they started playing a bunch of Argie ska (the only thing I recognized was ´Strawberry Fields Forever¨ as performed by Los Fabulosos Cadillacs) and they started turning on the rave lights and shit and the whole place was dancing and singing along and getting into it... They weren´t even ´ska kids´, just normal people. I guess ska is bigger down here.

Dancing Mood was an instrumental band with like 12 members, including a flute player. When these guys played everyone went fucking nuts ¨singing¨ along with the melody. I had to leave early (by early I mean around 4am) because I was too tired, so I didn´t catch the final band.

So yeah, you may be super-stoked that you saw Dillenger Four in Minneapolis, but I was at a show that I can really chalk up to ¨..and it was the damnedest thing¨. I win.

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:23 am

obviously

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:14 pm

El Rhino wrote: Dancing Mood was an instrumental band with like 12 members, including a flute player. When these guys played everyone went fucking nuts ¨singing¨ along with the melody. I had to leave early (by early I mean around 4am) because I was too tired, so I didn´t catch the final band.

I just found a video by this band on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXD24qvOh0A

If a band like this played here, maybe 5 or 10 people would be into it and another 5 or 10 people would pretend to be into it. The audience looks like they're about to break out in some sort of a soccer riot. Unbelievable.

Potter

Post by Potter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:01 am

Pretty good stuff.