More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

carbon

Imus Strikes Again!!

Post by carbon » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:05 pm

NEW YORK (AP)—Don Imus has once again injected race into his radio show.

During an on-air conversation Monday about the arrests of suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones, Imus asked, “What color is he?”

Told by sports announcer Warner Wolf that Jones is “African-American,” Imus responded: “There you go. Now we know.”

Civil rights leader Al Sharpton issued a statement calling the exchange disturbing “because it plays into stereotypes.” He says his National Action Network was still deciding how to respond.

Imus was fired from his previous show last year after he made a racially charged comment about the Rutgers women’s basketball team.
eat me.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Re: Imus Strikes Again!!

Post by El Rhino » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:01 am

The Reverend Al Sharpton wrote:Civil rights leader Al Sharpton issued a statement calling the exchange disturbing “because it plays into stereotypes.” .

Speaking of playing into stereotypes, Al: http://www.nypost.com/seven/06192008/ne ... 116165.htm

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:41 am

Ok, just so I'm clear......we can't ask what the color of someones skin is...and we can't then verify that we heard someone tell us what skin color someone is.

So would the p.c. thing to ask have been "Is he melanin challenged or melanin abundant?"
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Varg wrote:Ok, just so I'm clear......we can't ask what the color of someones skin is...and we can't then verify that we heard someone tell us what skin color someone is.

So would the p.c. thing to ask have been "Is he melanin challenged or melanin abundant?"
YUP. THAT'S WHAT HE WAS DOING. JUST VERIFYING SKIN COLOR. YUP.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Why do you need to know what someone's skin color is? what difference does it make?

Imus' explanation of saying he was trying to point out dude was a victim was hilarious.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Varg wrote: So would the p.c. thing to ask have been "Is he melanin challenged or melanin abundant?"

"Does he drink grape soda?"

I also think it's kind of funny that Pacman Jones has been arrested six times and Al Sharpton is worried about Don Imus playing into stereotypes.

Clint

Post by Clint » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:01 pm

I think you mean grape drink, not soda...

"Imus said something stupid?!?!" *GASP*

"Sharpton cries racism?!?!" *GASP*

Why is this bullshit even news anymore? Its not a surprise to anyone and got old a long time ago... We should all just ignore them until they die and the world becomes that much better.

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Varg wrote:Ok, just so I'm clear......we can't ask what the color of someones skin is...and we can't then verify that we heard someone tell us what skin color someone is.

If it wasn't for his past indiscretions Imus might have gotten away with arguing that he was just verifying what he heard based on what he said following the answer.

He was stupid for even asking what color Pacman Jones was though since he had to know he's being monitored like a hawk now.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Clint wrote:I think you mean grape drink, not soda...

No, I mean soda. Trust me on this one, the Hy-Vee I go to is swarming with them and I see what they're buying (or "foodstamping" or whatever you would call it). You are right that they are also big fans of fruit-flavored drinks though.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Imus is just some old Crazy, but it's funny.

Niggers are dumb.