Victory is Mine

Cops you gotta love them

Post by Victory is Mine » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:33 pm

Oh dear

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Re: Cops you gotta love them

Post by El Rhino » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:38 pm

You realize this story is probably a couple years old by now, right?

I think a better title would be "Shitty parents you gotta love them" or "Bad kids you gotta love them" though. The cops were just getting the little brat out of the school because the school was worried about lawsuits and obviously the parent(s) don't give a fuck.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:18 am

im gonna have to disagree with you there. theres absolutely no reason they'd need to put her in handcuffs. in fact, if that happened to my kid i'd freak the fuck out and there'd be consequences.
Last edited by Bullet Tooth on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 am

ps. when they handcuffed her she was sitting there. i can understand if she was flailing and hitting but at that point they just made things worse. terrible judgement on the part of the cops.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:25 am

i agree with bt. these people are trained to deal with children, they are supposed to know what to do. if you can't control a 5 year old girl in your classroom, how do are you expected to control an entire classroom of 5 year olds. some of them 6. you shouldn't be a teacher or have anything to do with childcare if you can't control a child. the kids parents should have been notified before the police. that school sucks.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:11 am

jjjsXe wrote: the kids parents should have been notified before the police. .

How much do you want to bet that they were?

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:38 pm

El Rhino wrote:
jjjsXe wrote: the kids parents should have been notified before the police. .

How much do you want to bet that they were?
youre probably right. still, no situation ever that would make it ok to cuff a 5 year old.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:08 pm

It's been a while since I actually watched it, but if I remember right it was more of a "scared straight" kind of thing with the handcuffs.

Whether or not that was the right thing, I don't know. If they took the girl in the cop car, odds are she was going to act up and potentially make it unsafe for the cop while driving. As fucked up as it is, it does make sense...unfortunately.

I don't blame the school for calling the cops and having them handle it for fear of a lawsuit, because the parent(s) did file a lawsuit. Funny how they can't take the time to come get their kid and slap the shit out of her, but when it comes down to possibly getting a check, they can make the effort to go get a lawyer. What kind of example does that set for the kid? "Your terrible behavior isn't the point, the school is the problem now".

I think we can all agree that the parents of this girl are the ones who need to be cuffed, pepper sprayed and given a wood shampoo.

Victory is Mine

Post by Victory is Mine » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:25 pm

jjjsXe wrote:i agree with bt. these people are trained to deal with children, they are supposed to know what to do. if you can't control a 5 year old girl in your classroom, how do are you expected to control an entire classroom of 5 year olds. some of them 6. you shouldn't be a teacher or have anything to do with childcare if you can't control a child. the kids parents should have been notified before the police. that school sucks.

http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/
Oh dear