ben stien's new movie on intelligent design

Post by crow » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:23 am

"boobiez and buttz"
- u-god of the wu tang clan

Wheatstache
Superhero

Re: ben stien's new movie on intelligent design

Post by Wheatstache » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:27 am

This looks kind of interesting. I like Ben Stein. I really liked, "Win Ben Stein's Money" or whatever it was.
Seriously

crow

Post by crow » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:45 am

i'd like to know the sequences in our dna that couldnt possibly have come about any other way than from the hand of god. i'll pry go see this if it plays around me.
"boobiez and buttz"
- u-god of the wu tang clan

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:47 am

yeah, this could be interesting, and i'm thinking Stein will make it fairly entertaining.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:44 pm

seems interesting. but i really hate science vs christianity ideas. why can't they both co-exist? oh yeah, religious dogma on both sides.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:04 pm

ilikehorses wrote:seems interesting. but i really hate science vs christianity ideas. why can't they both co-exist? oh yeah, religious dogma on both sides.
From what I've read on this, it seems that this movie is out to expose that issue. I think most are aware of the dogma on the religious side, but maybe not so familiar with the other side. I'll probably watch it, but I don't know about going to a theatre for it. We'll see.
Seriously

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:41 pm

this looks really boring. first, even if the premise of ID vs. Science sounded interesting(it doesn't), why the hell would i care what a right wing, pro-life, nixon apologist turned TV personality thinks?

there is a reason why the scientific community widely rejects Intelligent Design folks, it's because it's fucking insane.

if i submitted a theory that the world was created by a committee of Magical Pandas, i would expect the same reaction.

also it's worth noting that there are already reports of at least two scientists in this film who say that their statements have been manipulated in a way that does not reflect their views.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:47 pm

@nonymous wrote:why the hell would i care what a right wing, pro-life, nixon apologist turned TV personality thinks?
cause hes funny
@nonymous wrote:also it's worth noting that there are already reports of at least two scientists in this film who say that their statements have been manipulated in a way that does not reflect their views.
sounds like michael moore.

so bpe wont be getting this when it comes out?

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:50 pm

anyone who doesn't want to see this movie hates jews.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:53 pm

joseph wrote:sounds like michael moore.

who cares about michael moore?

bpe, hmm not if i can help it. tj likes almost everything and grant is voting for obama this year, so who the hell knows what will happen.
hank fist wrote:anyone who doesn't want to see this movie hates jews.
good point. ben stein is quoted for saying that the theory of evolution was "inspiration for the Holocaust". though im quite sure that religion is responsible for most of the genocide that's taken place.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:54 pm

@nonymous wrote:
also it's worth noting that there are already reports of at least two scientists in this film who say that their statements have been manipulated in a way that does not reflect their views.
everytime someone realizes they look like a huge jackass on a huge screen, they say this.
just sayin.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:58 pm

hank fist wrote:everytime someone realizes they look like a huge jackass on a huge screen, they say this. just sayin.
yeah, but it's especially bad when you're a pro-evolution scientist being interviewed for a film attempting to prove Intelligent Design. just sayin.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:59 pm

@nonymous wrote:
joseph wrote:sounds like michael moore.

who cares about michael moore?

bpe, hmm not if i can help it. tj likes everything .
i was just giving you a left version of your right.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:06 pm

instead you gave a version of two idiots.

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:08 pm

@nonymous wrote:
hank fist wrote:everytime someone realizes they look like a huge jackass on a huge screen, they say this. just sayin.
yeah, but it's especially bad when you're a pro-evolution scientist being interviewed for a film attempting to prove Intelligent Design. just sayin.
I don't think this movie is out to prove intelligent design. I think it's trying to expose the black-listing of scientists who are willing to consider and/or ascribe to intelligent design. Which by the way, I've seen impressive evidence for this theory.
Seriously

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:15 pm

@nonymous wrote:
instead you gave a version of two idiots.
that was my point

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:37 pm

wheatstache wrote:I don't think this movie is out to prove intelligent design. I think it's trying to expose the black-listing of scientists who are willing to consider and/or ascribe to intelligent design. Which by the way, I've seen impressive evidence for this theory.
they haven't been black-listed, their theory has nothing to do with science. why would the scientific community embrace it?

it's ironic to me that the same closed-minded folks who can't wrap their mind around the simplest, most basic aspects of human life on earth--people's sexuality, political beliefs, alternative lifestyles--are the ones who somehow manage to believe in the most absurd delusions, like a talking snake in a tree.

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:50 pm

@nonymous wrote:
wheatstache wrote:I don't think this movie is out to prove intelligent design. I think it's trying to expose the black-listing of scientists who are willing to consider and/or ascribe to intelligent design. Which by the way, I've seen impressive evidence for this theory.
they haven't been black-listed, their theory has nothing to do with science. why would the scientific community embrace it?

it's ironic to me that the same closed-minded folks who can't wrap their mind around the simplest, most basic aspects of human life on earth--people's sexuality, political beliefs, alternative lifestyles--are the ones who somehow manage to believe in the most absurd delusions, like a talking snake in a tree.
Like I said, there's evidence out there for it. It's scientific and mathematic. I'm not predisposed to concepts in either subject naturally, so I'm not going to debate that- nor do I want to. Regardless, there is scientific theory behind it. Either way, I still don't think the movie is out to prove intelligent design.

BTW, not all Christians are closed-minded idiots who don't recognize that a lot of the creation narrative is poetry and probably wasn't intended to be taken literally. Sometimes, people see what they want. That includes you @.
Seriously

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:57 pm

MATH

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:03 pm

wheatstache wrote:BTW, not all Christians are closed-minded idiots who don't recognize that a lot of the creation narrative is poetry and probably wasn't intended to be taken literally
you either believe that everything was created by God or you don't. you can't really have it both ways.

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:09 pm

@nonymous wrote:
wheatstache wrote:BTW, not all Christians are closed-minded idiots who don't recognize that a lot of the creation narrative is poetry and probably wasn't intended to be taken literally
you either believe that everything was created by God or you don't. you can't really have it both ways.
You brought up the snake and the tree thing. I was posting in response to that.
Seriously

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:15 pm

wheatstache wrote:You brought up the snake and the tree thing. I was posting in response to that.
right. same level of delusion in my view, but we don't need to debate about that here.

if you wanna see a nutty celebrity trying to prove the impossible, check out some charlie sheen 9-11 truth movement stuff, it's phenomenal.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:17 pm

the design isn't that intelligent. i mean, humans suck.

just sayin'.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:19 pm

hank fist wrote:the design isn't that intelligent. i mean, humans suck.

just sayin'.
new keanu reeves movie. let's do it.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:22 pm

@nonymous wrote:
hank fist wrote:the design isn't that intelligent. i mean, humans suck.

just sayin'.
new keanu reeves movie. let's do it.
yes.
that shit's bound to have some intelligent design.
you closing tonight?

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:25 pm

hank fist wrote:yes.
that shit's bound to have some intelligent design.
you closing tonight?
nah, tj has that covered.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:20 pm

@nonymous wrote: there is a reason why the scientific community widely rejects Intelligent Design folks, it's because it's fucking insane.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:00 pm

@nonymous wrote:

You are wrong on this one, The Theory of intelligent design and Evolution theory are both theories. However a majority of the Scienists consider Evolution an axiom even though there is little or no hard proof, beyond the end resolutes of adaption. Which could have been programed into the DNA. After over a hundred years of searching they have yet to find the "Missing Link".

The Theory of Evolution was in fact used to justify the Holocaust. The Nazis claimed that through evolution they had evolved into a specie of animal also known as the "Master Race" and it was their responsiblity to avoid breeding with lesser species of humans aka Jews, Homosexuals, Gypsies, Africans, those born with birth defects, etc... The finial solution for this was to exterminate them.

The bottom line here is that this is science. It should be open to new and opposing Theories. Not to require scienist to tow the line. This is not productive and will not lead to advancement on either side. Also the theory of Intelligent design does not stop at god, one does not have to have faith in an all knowing, all powerful god to have a Hypothesis that this couldn't all have came to past by chance. When you step back and look at it, no one can prove one way or another. The odds of either happening are stacked against our existence.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:04 pm

@nonymous wrote:
It is possible that the triger was set by an intelligent power and then left to develope from there. There is a lot of gray in this subject. What effect it has on our daily life or future seems little.
Last edited by DaVo on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

Heshua

Post by Heshua » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:55 pm

The stupidity in the previous posts is absolutely suffocating. Get a fucking dictionary or you will not be taken seriously. Do you realize that it underlines incorrectly spelled words?

Anonymous, you are the biggest hypocrite I've seen on this board. What proof does either side have? None. You are retarded.
El Oh El