More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Dream Lake....?

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:44 pm

So, some developers want to damn the raccoon river and make a couple of lakes with homes around them and solar/wind power. I am against it. Why? We don't need another dirty lake covering up some beautiful landscapes and then have the area around the lake privately owned. Here are some links:

http://www.dreamlakeiowa.com

a petition:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stopdreamlakeiowa/?e

discuss.

@nonymous

Re: Dream Lake....?

Post by @nonymous » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:02 pm

terrible idea.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Good luck to them trying to find "clean water" in that fucking river. Fagz.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:55 pm

It's bullshit. It's the same kind of deal they did with Panorama, and that was bullshit too. This "project" will flood thousands of acres of other peoples land to form a lake that will be mostly private, and very expensive to buy property on. They have no right to dam up a river to make a private lake, and they have no right to flood other people ground. A good friend of mines parents own some land that I deer hunt on right on the middle raccoon (the section that will flood). They moved here from California to live there, and if these rich cocksuckers get away with building this lake, they basically lose it. It's ridiculous, especially with land prices as high as they are.

Ryan, you're wrong, that's one of the cleaner stretches of river in the state. The DSM river in the heart of downtown isn't even too polluted/dirty. People just assume that rivers around cities are polluted, but that's not always the case. There are very few advisories in Iowa, and NONE of them are close to Des Moines, mostly Northern rivers.

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:02 pm

copper creek is working out real good too.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:46 pm

Let's show off how much money we have by living by a man-made lake? And be snobby about how we're using renewable resources while others aren't?
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:31 pm

I figured that river is full of chemicals, farm run-off and so on. I would think that the Des Moines river is worse than the Raccoon though. If it is relatively clean, great.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:49 pm

this would put my mothers ranch underwater. i can't say FUCK THIS loud enough.
joey is right, i used to kayak on that river all the time, dropping in at redfield and pulling out at my mom's, and its great, and really clean.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:01 pm

OK, i guess this was stopped because of the Native American burial grounds. Cool.