More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

moltar

SG valentines gift tips

Post by moltar » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:44 am

Suicide Girls Valentine's Day ad video or some shit

First off, this video is the biggest throwback advertisement I've seen in awhile. At first full viewing the only thing I remember them pitching is the nintendo ds.

The first girl on had me laughing pretty hard. She's in the video twice and both times she really mangles a closing sentence. It's practically code breaking trying to figure out what she's saying. I thought she may have put marbles in her mouth, but found no evidence other than the audio.

The love/hate from the myspace community is pretty outstanding also.
Example comments:

alot of retards comment on here huh? Well SUICIDE they used as a metaphore,as in Committing Social Suicide,suic ide blonde,ect. Theres a whole reason behind the name. So before you leave a ignorant comment, do some research so you dont sound so stupid

worst video ever

oh looook the SG girls are just trendy tatto'd corporate whores!!! shocker there. You know what me and my g/f are getting each other for V day? nothing.....

How about some ejaculate in your hair.

she says a private show from the original lineup of the sex pistols without any sarcasm in her voice which leads me to believe she doesnt kno that sid vicious is dead NOT PUNK ROCK!!!

Thom

Re: SG valentines gift tips

Post by Thom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:58 pm

moltar wrote: she says a private show from the original lineup of the sex pistols without any sarcasm in her voice which leads me to believe she doesnt kno that sid vicious is dead NOT PUNK ROCK!!![/size]

whoever wrote this might be dumber than the person that said it in the video.

jus sayin

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Thom wrote:
moltar wrote: she says a private show from the original lineup of the sex pistols without any sarcasm in her voice which leads me to believe she doesnt kno that sid vicious is dead NOT PUNK ROCK!!![/size]

jus sayin

Was Sid Vicious actually in the original line up though? For some reason I'm thinking that he didn't play bass on "Never Mind The Bullocks..." and that he was basically just some dude that filled in on tour.

Edit: A quick search yields that Glen Matlock was the original bass player, not Sid. I remember seeing him in some interview or another a few years back.

Thom

Post by Thom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:00 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Thom wrote:
moltar wrote: she says a private show from the original lineup of the sex pistols without any sarcasm in her voice which leads me to believe she doesnt kno that sid vicious is dead NOT PUNK ROCK!!!

jus sayin

Was Sid Vicious actually in the original line up though? For some reason I'm thinking that he didn't play bass on "Never Mind The Bullocks..." and that he was basically just some dude that filled in on tour.

Edit: A quick search yields that Glen Matlock was the original bass player, not Sid. I remember seeing him in some interview or another a few years back.
Yeah, thats pretty much what I was getting at. They kicked Glen Matlock out so they could have someone with a real "punk" attitude, but Sid was such a junkie that he couldn't actually do the bass lines. Consequently they hired Mr. Matlock to play bass on "Never Mind The Bollocks...."

Not that I really care about the complexities of the sex pistols, I was more pointing out the irony of someone beings such a cocksucker, and not even knowing what he was being elitist about.