Free Advertising for 515Crew Members

Moderators: ABOMB515, Darrin

Smoking Guns

FOR SALE: 94 ford taurus

Post by Smoking Guns » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:43 am

anybody want it?

it's been sitting around for a while, cuz i just don't need it right now.

it's got plenty of miles on it, and it needs the brakes repaired.

i'll sell it for a couple hundred? make an offer!!!

luv
-scott

Potter

Re: FOR SALE: 94 ford taurus

Post by Potter » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:16 pm

i might be interested in this if i can find something that isn't such a piece of shit. i do need a car though.

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm

well... i haven't ever had any REAL problems with it.

the doors... you can't unlock 'em from the outside, so you must leave it unlocked; don't keep valuables in it. however... your windows will never get broken during an attempted break in...

the brakes... well... i'm not a mechanic, but i think it needs a couple rotors replaced? (it makes a nice grinding sound at the moment) not sure of the cost to do that, but shouldn't be TOO much.

other than those issues, it runs very well.

if you're actually interested, come over and look at it sometime. i don't want much for it, cuz you'd have to repair the brakes, and cuz it's just sitting around anyway.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:31 pm

where is it?

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:19 am

When I was in California a guy I know's dad drove from Salix, IA to Camp Pendleton, CA in a '94 Taurus and then flew back and left the car out there with us. It was our only mode of transportation outside of the loser cruiser (the Oceanside bus) or renting a car (which is very expensive there). We called it the "Clitaurus" and even used it as a notional helicopter in a training exercise.

On a weekend we had off, some dudes rented Harleys and went to Vegas. The dude who owned the Clitaurus was heading to Vegas too. Someone on a Harley had a video camera and was filming someone doing something or other, and they see a dude on the side of the road. It was the dude who owned the Clitaurus walking along the side of this desert road. The Clitaurus broke down. What a coincidence they happened to be going that way!

So he got the Clitaurus fixed and shortly thereafter we shipped off for Iraq. The man wouldn't let us bring much stuff to Iraq (for good reason) so we basically used the Clitaurus as a storage unit and put some stuff in there that we wouldn't need until coming back to California. There is a place on base where you can store a car and while it was in storage mice and/or rats ate a lot of the wiring on the ol' Clitaurus. To the best of my recollection, we got our shit and left the Clitaurus there.

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:34 pm

well... if you wanna relive those days, just give me a call. the clitaurus jr. could be yours in a heartbeat!

sickguy

Post by sickguy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:11 am

i could probably take this pup off your hands

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:55 pm

if you can fit 5 people, plus all of their respective musical equipment into this beast, I will buy it from you.

we'll have a mobile fecal freakout.

thats all.

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:47 pm

nope. 5 people no problem. if they wanna hold all their gear on their laps, then i guess it might work!!!

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:50 am

Forgot, sorry dude. I've been good at that lately. If you still have it in a week we'll try this again.

sickguy

Post by sickguy » Mon May 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Smoking Guns wrote:it's all yours, man. just get at me a.s.a.p. and before the end of march!
doesn't ANYONE want this car??? there are a bunch of great cds in the back...

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Mon May 12, 2008 9:53 pm

hey, think it will make it to colorado?
if you still got this i might pick it up from you and take it back with me in june.

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Tue May 13, 2008 2:28 pm

i do still have it. we're looking into a charity to donate it to at the moment. if you're willing to take the risk, you can have it. i would guess it can make it there, but no gaurantee. plus you'd have to fix the breaks and such before hand. it's been sitting idle for a long time, so all the fluids are probably drained and the battery is dead too.

it would be fine for driving around town, but i'd hate for you to fix it up and then have it die in colorado.

let me know, though!

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Fri May 16, 2008 8:28 pm

hey i just found a pathfinder for a good deal out here and i think i'm gonna go with that cuz of my current location and occupation.
sorry dude!