More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Thom

Re: 515 Crew Fine Dining Thread

Post by Thom » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Its pretty amazing how worked up everyone here gets, over a joke.

But its awesome to know that people I've known for a while all just think I'm a "crybaby" and that I'd hit small Vietnamese women. Warm Fuzzies all over.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:54 pm

shouldn't we be smashing the boundaries of who we can hit. Stating that your not going to hit women, somewhat insinuates that you believe women are weaker than you are...idk, gender equality should constitute on all grounds....
<kinda playin' devil advocate>

Thom

Post by Thom » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:58 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:shouldn't we be smashing the boundaries of who we can hit. Stating that your not going to hit women, somewhat insinuates that you believe women are weaker than you are...idk, gender equality should constitute on all grounds....
<kinda playin' devil advocate>
That would Imply that I am going around consciously thinking thoughts such as "I'm not going to hit any women today, I'm too powerful for that". I don't hit people...unless its part of a circle pit or something.

Like how I can't fight varg, because the last time I was in a fight was fifth grade.

on other notes, I'm done on this board. Everyone here takes everything I post way literally, and thinks I'm whining, when in fact I'm just joking around.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:07 pm

Thom wrote: on other notes, I'm done on this board. Everyone here takes everything I post way literally, and thinks I'm whining, when in fact I'm just joking around.

So you're not really leaving?
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:07 pm

Hank Fist wrote:and, maybe some italian food or something?
i like chucks quite a bit. but i havent been to bardos or mezzoditis ...

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:36 pm

wasn't expecting that as a response thom. but whatever works...i've just had that thought before, and was wondering how other people would react to it...its just something to think about, though thinking about my previous statement may just be a pointless waste of time...

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:41 pm

anyways...

any other good eats out there that people may not have heard of or been to yet???

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Varg wrote:I think everyone but you knew that was a joke.

Do you hang out with many people that wear "I'm with stupid :arrow: " t-shirts?
exhibit 238

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:53 pm

ps. if i have to read anymore myspace bulletins, thom, we're going to have a problem.

chucks is ok but i'd like to do barattas. best italian in town. either that or tumea and sons.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:00 pm

i like barattas. its not the best but...
johnnys italian steakhouse? thats fine dining, isnt it?

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:02 pm

considering that this is technically a "fine dining" thread, I can't believe nobody has said "would you like some cheese with that whine" yet.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:14 pm

joseph wrote:i like barattas. its not the best but...
johnnys italian steakhouse? thats fine dining, isnt it?

Johnny's would be fine dining, I suppose. That place is very good. It's a chain though, albeit a small regional one.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:24 pm

its a chain? weird

edit-http://johnnysitaliansteakhouse.com/locations.aspx
wow, i didnt know.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:17 pm

Thom wrote: on other notes, I'm done on this board. Everyone here takes everything I post way literally, and thinks I'm whining, when in fact I'm just joking around.
You told me you were done with this board before you posted this. Wakka.

I'm hungry for A Dong tonight.

-Joe.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:35 pm

joseph wrote:its a chain? weird

edit-http://johnnysitaliansteakhouse.com/locations.aspx
wow, i didnt know.

Heart of America, I believe those are the same guys who do the Machine Shed and a couple other Machine Shed-esque places.

Johnny's is good though and definitely worth checking into if you're into the Italian/steak thing.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:45 pm

yeah i went there once. it was very good. i actually thought the service was good as well. i always find something wrong with restaurants/meals.. i had a good time. i spent around a hundred bucks and thought it was worth it. that means if i go back ill find something i disapprove of

THEY DO OWN SOME OTHER ....
Visit our other Restaurants: The Machine Shed Thunder Bay Grille Gramma's Kitchen
Visit our Hotels: The Wildwood Lodge Radisson Comfort Suites Sleep Inn Econo Lodge
Copyright © 2008 Heart of America. All Rights Reserved.

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:57 pm

hahahahaha.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Went to Bistro Montage tonight. Thought it was pretty good. A little too pricey for every day eating though. I had French onion soup, a chicken breast with bok choy, onions and dumplings and profiteroles with ice cream for dessert. They do a prix fixe for $27 which is soup or salad, chicken breast or skate wing and creme brulee or flourless chocolate mousse. Before 6, it's $20 but the entree is a fancy cheeseburger. I got there before 6, the cheeseburger did look good but I would've felt like a schmuck for getting it. Next time I go there and it's before 6 I will.

Places like that make me feel uncomfortable though, even if I am in the same tax bracket as some of the patrons. I'm not going to sit here and say "rich people are bad!" like some suburban trust fund punk rocker, but I guess I feel more at home amongst the sans-culottes.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:03 am

El Rhino wrote: I'm not going to sit here and say "rich people are bad!" like some suburban trust fund punk rocker, but I guess I feel more at home amongst the sans-culottes.

I'm taking this off on a tangent, which I apologize for, but on a daily basis I deal with rich people. old money and new money. I easily prefer dealing with rags-to-riches sports stars than old money snobs. I can't stand the sense of entitlement that comes with growing up rich... it's sickening.

before I had such steady contact with the absurdly privileged, my perspective on rich folks was far more positive. dealing with rich friends' parents was always nice, and they treated me as an equal.. but from a customer service perspective, such people are despicable.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:07 pm

robdigi wrote: I'm taking this off on a tangent, which I apologize for, but on a daily basis I deal with rich people. old money and new money. I easily prefer dealing with rags-to-riches sports stars than old money snobs. I can't stand the sense of entitlement that comes with growing up rich... it's sickening.

I don't have to deal with the public anymore, but I've had jobs where I've had to deal with rich people and the worst kind I've encountered were suburban stay-at-home moms with workaholic middle management husbands (as well as their teenage kids). You may have a huge house in the suburbs, a leased SUV and take a yearly tropical vacation, but your credit cards are maxed out, you have no savings, your husband is never home and if he missed a couple of paychecks, you'd be on the streets. The entitlement from those kinds of people is hilarious.

Maybe I'd be impressed if they actually had a net worth to speak of, but what you can buy on credit doesn't impress me.... anyone can do that.

Anyways, on to the subject of the thread....

Has anyone been to Old Castle Restaurant or Grand Piano Bistro? Last month I bought a bunch of $25 gift certificates to these restaurants for $2 each from my now-deceased gay Jewish bodybuilder internet friend who had some sort of promo deal through restaurants.com or something. I guess they're $25 off a bill of $35 or more with a few restrictions as to when you can use them and they can't be used on alcohol.

I guess Old Castle is Bosnian. https://www.restaurant.com/microsite-me ... =menuimage
Looks interesting, enough, I suppose. Sucks that it's all the way out in Johnston, I never go out that way.

What's Grand Piano like? The menu looks pretty good.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:09 pm

Old Castle sucks. When I first saw the place I thought it was a White Castle knock off so I went in figuring to get some White Castle style hamburgers. I was disappointed that that was not the case, but I went ahead and ordered some goulash. It was total shit. I took one bite and left. If I won't eat it, it has to be horrible.
I poop on Petland!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:49 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:Old Castle sucks. When I first saw the place I thought it was a White Castle knock off so I went in figuring to get some White Castle style hamburgers. I was disappointed that that was not the case, but I went ahead and ordered some goulash. It was total shit. I took one bite and left. If I won't eat it, it has to be horrible.
Are you sure you are not talking about IOWA Castle on 86th? I don't think it's the same place. Then again I've only drove past the place and did a double take cause I thought someone had opened a White Castle.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Does Iowa Castle have goulash?

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:59 pm

El Rhino wrote:Does Iowa Castle have goulash?
Don't know but I did hear they sold beer through the Drive through for a while.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:02 pm

Pretty sure he's talking about the actual Old Castle place if he mentioned goulash.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:05 pm

It's very possible that Iowa Castle has goulash (hate this word). They got a ton of shit apaprently.

-Joe.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:47 pm

My mistake. It was Iowa Castle I went to. White Castle needs to sue that place.

Maybe I just don't like the way Bosnians make goulash. I've tried at at two different places and they both sucked. I was expecting pasta, tomato sauce, hamburger, spices, etc.
I poop on Petland!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 am

I'm talking about Old Castle ran by Bosnians.

WTF, Reeferseed, why'd you even order goulash?

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:43 am

El Rhino wrote:
cause taint wasnt on the menu?

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:09 pm

joseph wrote:
El Rhino wrote:
cause taint wasnt on the menu?
I would have rather ate the taint of a sweaty Andre The Giant than eat what I got at that place.

I'd ordered goulash, because goulash when made by someone who knows how to make it, is kick ass. Now we got these goddamn foriegners coming over here ruining the reputation of the goulash dish. There needs to be goulash inspectors who go around to these places and if they ain't making the goulash like it should be made, they get shut and deported down right now.
I poop on Petland!