Re: ZOMG BLINK 182 IS BACK TOGETHER!!!!1

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm

UHHH.............

-Joe.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:30 pm

what crumpty said.

I can relate to the subjects of Green Day songs, too. Because they didn't sing about things in a whiny "I'm in high school" fashion... I could never relate to that even when I was in high school. I could totally see how trendy-ass jock dudes could, though. That seemed to be their biggest audience at the time. Green Day = appealed to (targeted) slackers and jaded punk kids, Blink 182 = appealed to the type of kids who would have become the "emo kids" of today. It's difficult to explain, but the two bands had very different approaches.

I don't really care what they are doing these days, but in their prime Green Day were better songwriters than Blink could ever hope to be.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Hank Fist wrote:wish the drummer would've died in the plane crash.

Though I am not a fan, I do not agree with this statment. I really enjoy GOOD drummers and he is SUCH a good drummer. The rest of the band blows at their instruments, but good drumming is something I admire even if he is an asshole.

Green day were better song writers and had a better bass player.

In conclusion, I enjoy good musicianship when it is in bands that aren't meant to be that technical.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:41 am

yeah travis barker may be a good drummer but he's still a total douchebag. raw talent only earns you so much respect in my book.

and yeah, robdigi gets it. happy to have a mutually reinforcing circle jerk on this point. :)
i fucking rule.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 am

jjjsXe wrote:

Though I am not a fan, I do not agree with this statment. I really enjoy GOOD drummers and he is SUCH a good drummer. The rest of the band blows at their instruments, but good drumming is something I admire even if he is an asshole.
all the more reason why he should have gone down in a blaze of glory and been immortalized as the best fruit punk drummer ever!

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:22 am

fruit punk :lol:. much better term for bands like this than "pop punk."
i fucking rule.

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:45 pm

That's fucked up man! No, I'm not a Blink fan, Barker is a good drummer, and from what I understand a pretty cool dude as well. When The Mutts played with Whiskey Rebels/Pressure Point we hung out with them before the show and the drummer dude from both bands, I forget his name, told us that when they were on tour with The Transplants (who are re-god-damn-diculous, IMO) Barker gave him a TON of free drum shit and paid for a lot of meals on thier tour, and didn't have a HUGE ego like he would've thought. It doesn't matter if you don't like the band at all but to wish death on someone you don't know personally is fucked!

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:50 pm

KY Jelly Belly wrote:
That's fucked up man! No, I'm not a Blink fan, Barker is a good drummer, and from what I understand a pretty cool dude as well. When The Mutts played with Whiskey Rebels/Pressure Point we hung out with them before the show and the drummer dude from both bands, I forget his name, told us that when they were on tour with The Transplants (who are re-god-damn-diculous, IMO) Barker gave him a TON of free drum shit and paid for a lot of meals on thier tour, and didn't have a HUGE ego like he would've thought. It doesn't matter if you don't like the band at all but to wish death on someone you don't know personally is fucked!
get off your high horse. i can think of hundreds of people i don't know whom i wish death upon.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:09 pm

I dont wish he wouldve died, rather he came out looking like Grig f/ the last starfighter. But since he didnt, i wish he wouldve died.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:32 pm

KY Jelly Belly wrote:
i wish Vladimir Putin was dead.