Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

JillJillJill

Re: KINGDOM, FROM HELL, JUST DO IT, KNUCKLED DOWN

Post by JillJillJill » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:47 pm

I couldn't drive and I didn't notice Brandon leave otherwise I would've gone with him, but that's cool.

moltar

Post by moltar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:56 pm

JillJillJill wrote:I couldn't drive and I didn't notice Brandon leave otherwise I would've gone with him, but that's cool.
How about you take these guys somewhere away from my house.

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:07 pm

moltar wrote:
JillJillJill wrote:I couldn't drive and I didn't notice Brandon leave otherwise I would've gone with him, but that's cool.
How about you take these guys somewhere away from my house.
Lol.

moltar

Post by moltar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:22 pm

All the music was good. Kingdom is tight. Just don't stick around and hang out with From Hell afterwards because they will be annoying. They will go around pretending to use cleaning devices for things they're not meant for. You will go to the other room and shut the door, but From Hell will continue to be annoying by yelling for no reason. Expect no alcohol and sub Tim and Eric humor with these guys.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:26 pm

I expected a negative review once one of the dudes from From Hell said "niglet". Ha ha.

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Nickyouredead wrote:
Thom wrote:From Hell was awful.

I'm glad I didn't donate shit at this show, because the out of town bands didn't deserve a fucking cent.

note to 515 crew: Please stop booking bands full of shitty dudes just because they are straight edge.
This is stupid. xKingdomx seemed to be full of solid individuals, that could of used some sort of donation seeing how they will be on tour for like the next 4 weeks. Not to mention, I am pretty sure Dios Mio fucks the Haunted Basement up on a regular basis and people arent saying to stop booking them just because they are thrash, punk, or anything else for that matter. Dan knew who these guys were and what they were about way before they showed up. :roll:
At least Dios Mio didn't spray paint shit all over the neighborhood, or steal a bunch of our shit. I hope you realize how close the dudes in crossed off have come to getting the Haunted Basement shut down. Be honest, you have a problem with the habits of Dios Mio. You seem like a smart guy, don't back shitty dudes.

To clarify, I'm not saying to stop booking straight edge bands, I've booked a fair share of them. I'm saying don't book bands JUST BECAUSE they are straight edge.

I'm sick of people using straight edge as a crutch to do shitty things.

zach krook

Post by zach krook » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:02 pm

those guys sucked.

i was sleeping in eric's room and those dudes started yelling about bjs and then started shit talking kingdom, and eventually even me... which i'm way proud of.

if your going to be a total turd, you should at least dig Exodus.
Persona non grata

aaronxxx

Post by aaronxxx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:23 pm

im sure the only reason why these bands do these things is because they are straight edge :roll:

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Thom wrote:
Nickyouredead wrote:
Thom wrote:From Hell was awful.

I'm glad I didn't donate shit at this show, because the out of town bands didn't deserve a fucking cent.

note to 515 crew: Please stop booking bands full of shitty dudes just because they are straight edge.
This is stupid. xKingdomx seemed to be full of solid individuals, that could of used some sort of donation seeing how they will be on tour for like the next 4 weeks. Not to mention, I am pretty sure Dios Mio fucks the Haunted Basement up on a regular basis and people arent saying to stop booking them just because they are thrash, punk, or anything else for that matter. Dan knew who these guys were and what they were about way before they showed up. :roll:
At least Dios Mio didn't spray paint shit all over the neighborhood, or steal a bunch of our shit. I hope you realize how close the dudes in crossed off have come to getting the Haunted Basement shut down. Be honest, you have a problem with the habits of Dios Mio. You seem like a smart guy, don't back shitty dudes.

To clarify, I'm not saying to stop booking straight edge bands, I've booked a fair share of them. I'm saying don't book bands JUST BECAUSE they are straight edge.

I'm sick of people using straight edge as a crutch to do shitty things.
I have no recollection of straight edge bands stealing anything from The Haunted Basement so if you could provide an example that would be great. Crossed Off fucked up, Im not vouching for them or From Hell. Im sure underage drinking and illegal drug use has never ever been an issue of getting anything closed down, ever. The only habit that Dios Mio has that I have a problem with is that they trash the place everytime they play, if you want to "back" that, thats your choice.

Who has been booked just because they are straight edge? From Hell was on tour with Kingdom. Plenty of people wanted to see Kingdom and I doubt it was solely based on Kingdom's beliefs.

It was stupid to generalize that both bands didnt deserve a cent, because of the actions of one band. Its also stupid to generalize straight edge is a tool of shit heads just because of a couple of bad apples.

Anything can be used as a crutch to be shitty.

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Fare thee well. My bass gear went missing the same night they accidentally took that microphone.

I'm just saying, I'm seeing a pattern emerge with shitty dudes.

If dios mio trashing the place when they play is such a problem, why is it only now becoming an issue.

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Thom wrote:Fare thee well. My bass gear went missing the same night they accidentally took that microphone.

I'm just saying, I'm seeing a pattern emerge with shitty dudes.
Fare Thee Well isnt straight edge, and shit went missing when No Harm Done played. Straight edge didnt steal your bass gear Thom, shitty people did.

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Thom wrote:If dios mio trashing the place when they play is such a problem, why is it only now becoming an issue.
Its obviously not an issue, its a backed, super cool thing to do.

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:57 pm

fuck.

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Nickyouredead wrote:
Thom wrote:If dios mio trashing the place when they play is such a problem, why is it only now becoming an issue.
Its obviously not an issue, its a backed, super cool thing to do.
There have been plenty of bands that have played there that have broken shit/made a mess.

This is seriously the first time anyone has said anything about it. The response to them playing here every time has been an overwhelming "book them again" so I keep hooking them up.

As far as this whole SXE business, I won't be intimidated by a legion of bros with x's on their hands. I would rather hang out with Dios Mio like that every day than have a room full of dipshits looking down on me because I had a fucking beer. If you're going to be cool, and respectful I can reciprocate. But if you are going to just be a shitty frat boy, you have no business in a place like the haunted basement.

I have personally thrown several people out of eric's room at shows for doing sketchy shit. And guess what, these are NON straight edge people. It just seems like whenever someone who doesn't drink does something fucked up no one says anything and its just "business as usual".

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:50 pm

This is seriously the first time anyone has said anything about it. The response to them playing here every time has been an overwhelming "book them again" so I keep hooking them up.

As far as this whole SXE business, I won't be intimidated by a legion of bros with x's on their hands. I would rather hang out with Dios Mio like that every day than have a room full of dipshits looking down on me because I had a fucking beer. If you're going to be cool, and respectful I can reciprocate. But if you are going to just be a shitty frat boy, you have no business in a place like the haunted basement.

I have personally thrown several people out of eric's room at shows for doing sketchy shit. And guess what, these are NON straight edge people. It just seems like whenever someone who doesn't drink does something fucked up no one says anything and its just "business as usual".[/quote]

Dios Mio was fun when I saw them, still doesnt make it ok to wreck other peoples stuff.

As far as this whole SXE business, I wont be marked a shitty dude just because I am straight edge. Did you automatically become an asshole when you were straight edge? You are right though, respect earns respect. I would rather hang out with 10,000 drunk dudes that are open minded over someone that is so closed off that they have to label someone, and completely shun them before giving them a chance. Not saying thats how you are, but thats definitely how its coming off right now.

Glad that you can throw people out of the basement for doing SOME sketchy shit. If you are going to police the place then you should crack down on all the sketchy shit that goes on there.

I am pretty sure being under the influence and doing something stupid with no ramifications comes up far more than someone being let off because they are straight edge. Tarnishing straight edge isnt cool, whether you are straight edge and doing it by example, or if you are just talking shit about it.

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Not marking people as shitty dudes because they are straight edge. Far from it. There are plenty of people that I would consider myself friends with that choose to identify with straight edge. I actually have a lot of respect for the idea behind straight edge. That is to say having sober fun/pushing all ages shows/and trying to live a positive life. I am far from attempting to tarnish the image of that.

what I am saying is that it seems that there are individuals who seem to think that by calling themselves straight edge they can be the shittiest people ever, and they are somehow above me.

For some reason when I say that I am all of a sudden calling everyone who is straight edge a shitty person. And I don't intend that message, and I would assume that everyone here would know me better than that.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:23 pm

Nickyouredead wrote:Did you automatically become an asshole when you were straight edge?
lol, which time?

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:25 pm

between zach walther and I we have 5 edge breaks.

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:28 pm

Thom wrote:What I am saying is that it seems that there are individuals who seem to think that by calling themselves straight edge they can be the shittiest people ever, and they are somehow above me.
I wasnt around, but did From Hell, or Crossed Off say their actions were okay because they were straight edge?

Stop looking at how these people identify themselves, and start looking at the actual people. All of these guys are also musicians, it doesnt mean they are using that excuse as a means to be the shittiest people ever.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:12 pm

This argument is stupid and I think Aaron brought up a good point,
I'm sure the only reason why these bands do these things is because they are straight edge.
I don't have a problem with anyone at the Haunted Basement, but do you realize how fucking annoying it is being told I should 'just take a break' from straight edge? or that I'm a future edge breaker because one of you did? I've never once gone around telling someone they shouldn't drink or smoke there, or ever. I see people on this board saying they respect straight edge and how we should all respect each other but it's clear none of you respect it at all.

It's pretty cool to assume everyone that is Straight Edge is shitty though.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:34 pm

actually, from hell was going on and on about how they weren't straight edge WHILE being completely annoying, yelling and trying to impress jill with their collective stupidity. Kingdom left long before any of this happened. members of kingdom mostly stood around and talked and were way cool. from hell was basically the exact opposite. Nothing to do with straight edge, just the dudes.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

moltar

Post by moltar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:39 pm

jjjsXe wrote:actually, from hell was going on and on about how they weren't straight edge WHILE being completely annoying, yelling and trying to impress jill with their collective stupidity.
But did it work :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:54 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:I don't have a problem with anyone at the Haunted Basement, but do you realize how fucking annoying it is being told I should 'just take a break' from straight edge? or that I'm a future edge breaker because one of you did?
I have no idea why you took me seriously, but I apologize for this remark if you did. I would never seriously say this to someone.

but I guess your right, I have no respect for anyone that isn't me, and I'm a generally detested junkie. I sold out, so I'm a piece of shit, right?

How about when JDI was "gonna jump me?" Do you realize how fucking annoying that is?

I was easing off, and trying to explain my point in a more civil manner, but I'm not even going to try anymore.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Thom wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:I don't have a problem with anyone at the Haunted Basement, but do you realize how fucking annoying it is being told I should 'just take a break' from straight edge? or that I'm a future edge breaker because one of you did?
I have no idea why you took me seriously, but I apologize for this remark if you did. I would never seriously say this to someone.

but I guess your right, I have no respect for anyone that isn't me, and I'm a generally detested junkie. I sold out, so I'm a piece of shit, right?

How about when JDI was "gonna jump me?" Do you realize how fucking annoying that is?

I was easing off, and trying to explain my point in a more civil manner, but I'm not even going to try anymore.
HAHAHAHAHA. RIGHT THOM. We totally had a vendetta against you.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:11 pm

hey moderators, can we get you to change this thread's name to "TL;DR Everyone is really, really fucking stupid. Everyone. Pt. 2"

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:11 pm

hey moderators, can we get you to change this thread's name to "TL;DR Everyone is really, really fucking stupid. Everyone. Pt. 2"?

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:11 pm

Thom wrote:How about when JDI was "gonna jump me?" Do you realize how fucking annoying that is?
You blow so much shit out of proportion. If I recall, one old member of Just Do It! said that. I also know for a fact that I never said anything remotely close to "I am going to jump you."

So JDI was never going to jump you.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:13 pm

several things:

liked from hell musically. i know of the singer before this and hes pretty much regarded as a shitty dude and it doesnt surprise me that he acted like a douchebag. if all they did was be annoying, sounds like people are making more of a big deal than necessary. no care. why you'd tell some bands they can stay the night there i'll never know.

liked kingdom all around. nice people. i bullshitted with them about hardcore bands and such. thought their drummer was 2 steps from away from falling asleep while they played though. never seen someone so not into it. dont agree with some of what they said but they did it in a decent manner so no care on that front.

i had a good time at this show and thank you to everyone for coming out. what i said to zach on the mic was kind of rude and im sorry for that.

thom, youre being a bitch and speaking nonsense. stop it.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:18 pm

oh yeah. no one mentioned the staged fight between servo and joe. the hair cutting was a nice touch.

a+, would watch again.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:thom, youre being a bitch and speaking nonsense. stop it.
i lol'd