More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

vegan ss

Re: Veganism; Hardcore Punk. . .

Post by vegan ss » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:35 pm

little foot wrote:ask the priviledge question to those who traditional beliefs outweigh their youth culture. or those who are forced onto dead land where they must hunt or get government commodities for food. or those who don't have access to internet/tv, or don't care too, and eat what is available in their area. rural peoples, forest peoples, jungle peoples, you know, the majority of the world. priviledge is not only having more choices, but the ability to pick and choose from them. relieing on vast networks of trade/exchange, always on the backs of those further down the world economic ladder. you, mister ss, have a huge amount of priviledge that those in even mexico don't enjoy. you live in such a cushy and wasteful world, that if you don't have food, it is purely out of your own laziness. you have enough priviledge to evoke the name of mass murderers as a joke. there probably are vegan s.american commodities for sale, but in my experience, from being there, it is rare, and from the upper class.

p.s. i will be away from this virtual world for the next 10 or so days, but i respond to post when i get back.
Here is a link to a story about a 5000 year old tribe.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/lif ... 080200.htm

I read a book about different vegan/vegetarian tribes,forest people and jungle people all over the world, like the one in the article I wish I could remember what the book was called was called. Anyway, as for your tradition statement. Bullfighting in Spain is a tradition,sports hunting is a tradition for some, celebrating thanksgiving is a tradition. Just because its tradition doesn't mean its right. I know a lot of older vegetarians that know nothing about youth culture. Your post makes it sound like only the rich are eating vegetables in S. America and Mexico. Whatever if you eat meat fine but don't make exuses if you feel bad about doing it.

Vegan ss comes from a story that didn't happen to me so I don't remember excatly what happened. Something about a drunk guy yelling at my friend for not eating some food he was trying to give him. Calling him a vegan nazi and how he was part of the das vegan ss. But you know its probably because I like to use all my privilege to bring up murders. :roll:

I'll leave this post with these links.

Some awesome places I would like to eat.
http://www.happycow.net/south_america/index.html

and this dope band.

http://profile.myspace.com/algunavezfuiciego
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:56 pm

Thom wrote:
little foot wrote:i still think eating a deer is a hell of a lot more natural than heavily processed soy.
have you ever heard of fresh fruits or vegetables? If you assume that boca burgers comprise a proper vegan diet you are incorrect.
dude, Thom, do you know who you're talking to there?

and i really don't think you grasped what he was saying.
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:06 am

teedotjaydot wrote:
Thom wrote:
little foot wrote:i still think eating a deer is a hell of a lot more natural than heavily processed soy.
have you ever heard of fresh fruits or vegetables? If you assume that boca burgers comprise a proper vegan diet you are incorrect.
dude, Thom, do you know who you're talking to there?

and i really don't think you grasped what he was saying.

I actually don't know who little foot is. I mean no argument or disrespect...I'm simply stating that you can be vegan without being rich and buying meat replacements and the like. I'm not trying to be condescending, and I realize that most of us already know the information I typed.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. While I may still not personally approve, I have a hell of a lot more respect for someone that actually hunts and processes their own meat, as opposed to someone who eats mac donalds 3 meals a day.