Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

inx515xhell

Things that are younger than Davo.

Post by inx515xhell » Fri May 23, 2008 1:15 am

EVERYONE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!!

DaVo

Re: Things that are younger than Davo.

Post by DaVo » Fri May 23, 2008 4:44 am

inx515xhell wrote:EVERYONE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!!
Nope in fact there are at least 2 people that post on here off and on that are in fact older than me.

Think of it I own records older than you and I bought them new. I could be your dad, and saddly you are involved in the same youth movement I was 24 years ago. That's pertty lame little buddy, better find something new.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

WebSkunk

Post by WebSkunk » Fri May 23, 2008 9:07 am

And you think you're the first person to every hang out with other people that liked the same music as you? You've got to be fucking kidding.. Do you honestly believe the bullshit you did was original either?
huh?

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Fri May 23, 2008 11:04 am

DaVo wrote: saddly you are involved in the same youth movement I was 24 years ago. That's pertty lame little buddy, better find something new.

no way dude, i think that is awesome that there is still shit like this going on. what is the point if it only lasts a few years?
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri May 23, 2008 11:18 am

DaVo wrote:, and saddly you are involved in the same youth movement I was 24 years ago. That's pertty lame little buddy, better find something new.
OBVIOUSle were not involved in the same youth movement or you wouldnt complain.

who is older than you that posts here? hairy?

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Fri May 23, 2008 11:56 am

youth movement

people playing and enjoying music is not a movement.

get over yourself.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri May 23, 2008 2:27 pm

WebSkunk wrote:And you think you're the first person to every hang out with other people that liked the same music as you? You've got to be fucking kidding.. Do you honestly believe the bullshit you did was original either?
No and no and ah no.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri May 23, 2008 2:39 pm

jjjsXe wrote:
DaVo wrote: saddly you are involved in the same youth movement I was 24 years ago. That's pertty lame little buddy, better find something new.

no way dude, i think that is awesome that there is still shit like this going on. what is the point if it only lasts a few years?
The fact is that when I first got into this, I felt like I was late to the party. Did it effect the importance of that period of my life? No. Did it make the movement less? No. Do I dig the fact that I've been involved in a movemnt that has lasted in some form for over 20 years? Hell yes. Do I still get excited and feel the same as did 20 years ago when I see a great band? yes. Does my age effect this? No. Cause if I've learned anything age is bullshit. Just a mile marker and nothing more.

I find it interesting that someone in the "scene" would find my age an issue to begin with. Especially, someone that claims to be "open minded". If anything I'm an example of the longevity of the movement and his problem with my age an example of the short attention span and this lame drive to find the lastest, hippest thing. I noticed a long time ago that those that are too hip are usually the first rats off the ship.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 pm

robdigi wrote:
youth movement

people playing and enjoying music is not a movement.

get over yourself.
Then you are not involved in the same thing that I've been. I've spent a great deal of my life within a subculture that had it's own music, media, culture and art. Punk rock goes will beyond playing music and enjoying music.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri May 23, 2008 3:02 pm

joseph wrote: who is older than you that posts here? hairy?

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri May 23, 2008 3:11 pm

joseph wrote:
joseph wrote: who is older than you that posts here? hairy?
Yup and I believe Tom H is a few months older. Outside of 515crew there are a number of people that are still active in the Des Moines music scene that are a lot older than me. Also the scene that most of you are involved with was started by people much older then most of those that post here. Most of the first generation punk scene was in their late 20s and early 30s.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri May 23, 2008 3:11 pm

im actually curious. also whos the youngest?

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri May 23, 2008 3:14 pm

joseph wrote:im actually curious. also whos the youngest?
That is an interesting question cause I noticed a long time ago that this group has shifted from 16 to 24 to 22 to 30. Makes you wonder, if the kids all think you are old farts now.

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman » Fri May 23, 2008 3:44 pm

HAHAHA

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri May 23, 2008 3:52 pm

DaVo wrote:Yup and I believe Tom H is a few months older.
nope...a year younger, but still old as the hills.
obviously

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri May 23, 2008 4:45 pm

Tom wrote:
DaVo wrote:Yup and I believe Tom H is a few months older.
nope...a year younger, but still old as the hills.
Could have sworn that we graduated the same year. Oh well that leave Jeff.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Fri May 23, 2008 8:03 pm

DaVo wrote:
I find it interesting that someone in the "scene" would find my age an issue to begin with. Especially, someone that claims to be "open minded". If anything I'm an example of the longevity of the movement and his problem with my age an example of the short attention span and this lame drive to find the lastest, hippest thing. I noticed a long time ago that those that are too hip are usually the first rats off the ship.

if i'm not mistaken, you slip your age and the fact that you have been involved with this longer than anyone into pretty much any conversation on this message board.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri May 23, 2008 8:26 pm

jjjsXe wrote:
DaVo wrote:

if i'm not mistaken, you slip your age and the fact that you have been involved with this longer than anyone into pretty much any conversation on this message board.
No not really. Am I proud of my age, what I've done in my life and continue to do? Yes.

Someone else usually brings it up, like in this thread. Usually makes some stupid crack at my age and claims to be the "new blood" of the scene. Silly really when you think about.

You know what, I get excited when I see young kids get into the scene. Regardless of how I come across most of the time, the fact is that it's been a driving force in my involvement all these years. I may not agree with their tastes, interests, style or whatever but the same could be said of most of the people my own age. If I seem out of the loop, it tends to be not my age but my lack of interest more than anything. That comes down to taste and if the issue comands my interest. Something that has happened for a while. All getting older has done is increased my responsiblities and re-focused my energy. It's more the case with fatherhood.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Fri May 23, 2008 10:18 pm

DaVo wrote: No not really.
YES, REALLY.

hairy

Post by hairy » Sat May 24, 2008 4:01 am

Yep, Im old...
churchofchoppers.com

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Sat May 24, 2008 10:56 am

DaVo wrote:You whippersnappers!!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sat May 24, 2008 12:16 pm

inx515xhell wrote:EVERYONE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!!
Wrong. I saw the Ramones in 1978 so fuck all y'all!

The only movement I care about is the big ass bowel movement I had this morning after a night of keg beer and sloppy joes.
I poop on Petland!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Sat May 24, 2008 3:25 pm

inx515xhell wrote:
DaVo wrote: No not really.
YES, REALLY.
You're wrong but here's an idea, you stop bringing it up and I won't bother to point out the fact that I've been seeing show longer then you've been alive. Deal? The bottom line is that I can't change what I have experienced over the years anymore then you can being born too late to experience all most all of it. It's strange but I've never pointed out the fact that you are too young to get this or that. I've never claimed that you had to be born before a date to understand the true meaning of Punk or anything else that your into. I may have pointed out that there was a big difference in acceptance and inpact 10 or 20 years ago then it is now. It's called perspective and it can only come about with experience. The only real difference between a music fan born in the late 60s and one born in the mid 80s is timing.

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman » Sat May 24, 2008 4:50 pm

IVE LIKED SOCIAL DISTORTION FOREVER YOUNG DUDES

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Sat May 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Captain Caveman wrote:IVE LIKED SOCIAL DISTORTION FOREVER YOUNG DUDES
To be honest I lost interest in SD a number of years ago. Every once in a while I listen to them and will likely be suckered into buying their next record. The subject manner really started to bore me about 10 years ago. Yeah Mike, you used to be a Junkie, Yeah Mike, you love your car. Yeah Mike, your an outlaw that spent 3 weeks in a Mexican Jail. Yeah Mike, you're a sick boy. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Mike Ness became a joke about the same time Glen Danzig did. Sometime around 1988 or 1989. We all listened to the Misfits and Social Distortion but made fun of them endlessly. SD still was putting on good shows and fun to see live and put out some good records but no one took them seriously. Plus Mike's real crime was produced all those Sickboy, rock-a-nillie clones.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue May 27, 2008 8:47 pm

DaVo wrote:It's strange but I've never pointed out the fact that you are too young to get this or that.
pretty sure you have. numerous times, to numerous people.
DaVo wrote:I've never claimed that you had to be born before a date to understand the true meaning of Punk or anything else that your into.
bullshit. you said yourself something along the lines of no good music in the last five years. insinuating that only one with "musical expertise" on par with yours can make that call.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed May 28, 2008 1:25 am

inx515xhell wrote:
DaVo wrote:It's strange but I've never pointed out the fact that you are too young to get this or that.
DaVo wrote:I've never claimed that you had to be born before a date to understand the true meaning of Punk or anything else that your into.
bullshit. you said yourself something along the lines of no good music in the last five years. insinuating that only one with "musical expertise" on par with yours can make that call.
What? I said that there hasn't been any good music in the last 5 years and that's what you are bitching about. Sorry to point this out but most if not all the people on this board have been into music for longer then 5 years. So that means everyone on here over the age of 21 is out dated. I could have easily said 20 or 15 or 10, but I said 5, so that's says that there has been good music 5 years ago. I really don't see your point.

If I said you had to be old to understand the meaning of punk, find the quote and show me. Cause I may have stated that it was different or meant more to me. I think that has more to do with prospective than anything.

Seems you're more bummed out about my age than I am. I did say something about seeing where you are at my age. I think that has more to do with the understanding that most of you will drop out and become what you claim to hate by 30. I've seen it happen time and time again. If you think I'm full of shit look at your buddies that were hardcore as fuck 5 years ago and where they are now.

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman » Wed May 28, 2008 2:44 pm

DaVo wrote:
inx515xhell wrote:
What? I said that there hasn't been any good music in the last 5 years and that's what you are bitching about. Sorry to point this out but most if not all the people on this board have been into music for longer then 5 years. So that means everyone on here over the age of 21 is out dated. I could have easily said 20 or 15 or 10, but I said 5, so that's says that there has been good music 5 years ago. I really don't see your point.

If I said you had to be old to understand the meaning of punk, find the quote and show me. Cause I may have stated that it was different or meant more to me. I think that has more to do with prospective than anything.

Seems you're more bummed out about my age than I am. I did say something about seeing where you are at my age. I think that has more to do with the understanding that most of you will drop out and become what you claim to hate by 30. I've seen it happen time and time again. If you think I'm full of shit look at your buddies that were hardcore as fuck 5 years ago and where they are now.
crust punks turn into insence punks

IVE SEEN IT DUDE ITS SO FUCKED UP MAN, IT ONLY TOOK 5 YEARS

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed May 28, 2008 2:51 pm

Captain Caveman wrote: crust punks turn into inCEST

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed May 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Captain Caveman wrote: crust punks turn to inCEST