More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Jeff Chord

Re: Just Do It, new 515 HC band

Post by Jeff Chord » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:43 am

Joe I just got back from the bar, what fucking excuse do YOU have for being up so late?

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I love you and DSM and can't wiat to come back or you know, see you in less than 15 hours :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously kids listen up to Joe here, he knows his shit and I love him to death.
This may or may not be rum and beer talking :wink: :wink: :wink:

All in all I will say that hardcore is the #1 thing that has effected my life in a positive manner and I back 99% of the people and bands I have met throughout my tenure.

SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:46 am

We were recording new Colonizer songs and hanging out.
So pumped for the show tomorrow (later today)!

-Joe.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:51 am

fuck my band, listen to blacklisted.
thanks to anyone showing support.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Jeff Chord

Post by Jeff Chord » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:55 am

tYLER A GOOd way to get immediate support from me would be driving to my house to see like a milliion good artists/bands today. And not fucking up my room. If anyone touches my room I will stab them in the heart.

JOE! Excited to hear new colonizer!

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:21 am

dumb
Last edited by Tom on Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
obviously

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:29 am

A lot of good friends of mine live in Cedar Falls.
Then, some girl punched me in the face there.

WHOOPS.

-Joe.

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:38 am

dumber
Last edited by Tom on Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
obviously

aaronxxx

Post by aaronxxx » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:15 am

joe, i really liked what you said but i got some rambling i need to do to about this thread. i might be repeating some stuff you said but oh well.

you guys were totally judging us from the start and didn't really give us a chance. It was obvious you didn't even know the people who were in the band. Maybe it was because our recordings aren't very tight you thought we were 15 or something but no one in the band is under 20. actually jill might be. im not sure how old she is, but anyways were just starting and were not very tight yet so just give us some time. You guys thought we were some newbs in the scene but we just are to YOUR scene. Open your fucking minds guys! Don't forget that there are other genres in hardcore. i have been going to shows since the fallout shelter was around and i know i've seen tyler and anthony at shows for years. i cant really speak for nick and jill because i just recently met them. we can't all be born totally sweet like you guys so im really really sorry.

If you guys want the des moines hardcore scene to grow you guys need to realize that not everyone listens to the same music as you. Anytime someone posts a show with bands from a genre that you guys aren't particularly fond of you trash them. You guys should just let people promote shows other than the ones you guys put on.

I hope this will be the end of this silly argument but judging by the rest of this board someone is going to keep this shit going. Beyond all this I think it's really awesome that the scene is growing so huge and that bands are actually excited to play des moines again.

crow

Post by crow » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:03 am

yeah, except this is about not seeing any of you at shows that are of the SAME GENRE AS YOUR BAND.
"boobiez and buttz"
- u-god of the wu tang clan

Potter

Post by Potter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:12 pm

MOVE ON w/ YOUR LIFE.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:14 pm

this thread sucks.

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:23 pm

Hank Fist wrote:this thread sucks.
Seriously

andrewd

Post by andrewd » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Jeff Chord wrote:Joe I just got back from the bar, what fucking excuse do YOU have for being up so late?

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I love you and DSM and can't wiat to come back or you know, see you in less than 15 hours :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously kids listen up to Joe here, he knows his shit and I love him to death.
This may or may not be rum and beer talking :wink: :wink: :wink:

All in all I will say that hardcore is the #1 thing that has effected my life in a positive manner and I back 99% of the people and bands I have met throughout my tenure.

SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE SUPPORT HARDCORE
A+ drunk post jeff chode. Would read again :P

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:50 pm

I'm unbanning myself for a minute to say some things.

The only problem here is that people seem to think that the only hardcore happening stopped when bricks stopped doing shows, or that there are no hardcore shows in des moines except for when take control plays here every other month. This is not true.

There are a lot of hardcore bands that play through this town, and its a shame to see people miss shows because they think that its a metal show or a grind show, or something silly like that.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm stoked to hang out with my friends, and act (at least for a few minutes) like a kid.

As far as just do it guys...I'm stoked to hear and play with your band. I personally know almost all of you, and I wish all this animosity would end here and now.

DIY hardcore is becoming really cool in the 515, lets not wreck it over something this stupid.

Potter

Post by Potter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Are you saying hardcore might get broken? :(

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:42 pm

i think what we're all saying is that the MLIW show is tomorrow and all you hardcore kids and non-hardcore kids should be there.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Potter

Post by Potter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:53 pm

MLIW FTW

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:53 pm

Thom wrote:DIY hardcore is becoming really cool in the 515, lets not wreck it over something this stupid.
can we wreck it over something important?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

andrewd

Post by andrewd » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Thom wrote:I'm unbanning myself for a minute to say some things.

The only problem here is that people seem to think that the only hardcore happening stopped when bricks stopped doing shows, or that there are no hardcore shows in des moines except for when take control plays here every other month. This is not true.

There are a lot of hardcore bands that play through this town, and its a shame to see people miss shows because they think that its a metal show or a grind show, or something silly like that.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm stoked to hang out with my friends, and act (at least for a few minutes) like a kid.

As far as just do it guys...I'm stoked to hear and play with your band. I personally know almost all of you, and I wish all this animosity would end here and now.

DIY hardcore is becoming really cool in the 515, lets not wreck it over something this stupid.
Its the exact same situation in Cedar Falls/Waterloo. There are so many kids missing so many good bands. it really bums me out. I wish there was a way that I could tell them that they will regret not going to every show they possibly could.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:01 pm

This thread is laughable at best.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:04 pm

beaver wrote:This thread is laughable at best.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:20 pm

@nonymous wrote:
beaver wrote:This thread is laughable at best.

Man, where did u find this pic of me?

What I meant (guess I should have elaborated but there seems to be about 5 different arguments going on here) everyone is saying support the "scene". Which scene might that be? The scene of Mews? THe scene of Bricks? The DMMC yuppy scene? THe scene of that hippy garden south of DSM? The westie mook scene of Warehouse? We all know these "scenes" rarley ever coincide. Basically what it comes down to is when people say scene, they really mean clique. So when you say "you don't support the scene" they should say "you don't hang w/ my clique so I really dont want to hang w/ you". I know there are quite a few exceptions of people here who make the rounds of all, I personally don't.

I think its great that this heavier indie DIY scene is making lots of ground than Ive really seen in the past. However like all scenes do about every 5 years is die out. Look the history of DSM music. Its a cycle. Really, its just a bunch of social clubs that run its course and go away.

JUST SAYIN'.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:27 pm

beaver wrote:What I meant (guess I should have elaborated but there seems to be about 5 different arguments going on here) everyone is saying support the "scene". Which scene might that be? The scene of Mews? THe scene of Bricks? The DMMC yuppy scene? THe scene of that hippy garden south of DSM? The westie mook scene of Warehouse? We all know these "scenes" rarley ever coincide. Basically what it comes down to is when people say scene, they really mean clique. So when you say "you don't support the scene" they should say "you don't hang w/ my clique so I really dont want to hang w/ you". I know there are quite a few exceptions of people here who make the rounds of all, I personally don't.
classic case of scene-a-phobia right here.

seriously though the problem of attendance, speaking as someone who attends very little, is that at a certain point music alone isn't enough to keep a community together--it is an essential element of it, but not everything.

i'll expand on this if needed, but i'm pretty sure we've had this discussion before.

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:35 pm

@nonymous wrote:
beaver wrote:What I meant (guess I should have elaborated but there seems to be about 5 different arguments going on here) everyone is saying support the "scene". Which scene might that be? The scene of Mews? THe scene of Bricks? The DMMC yuppy scene? THe scene of that hippy garden south of DSM? The westie mook scene of Warehouse? We all know these "scenes" rarley ever coincide. Basically what it comes down to is when people say scene, they really mean clique. So when you say "you don't support the scene" they should say "you don't hang w/ my clique so I really dont want to hang w/ you". I know there are quite a few exceptions of people here who make the rounds of all, I personally don't.

seriously though the problem of attendance, speaking as someone who attends very little, is that at a certain point music alone isn't enough to keep a community together--it is an essential element of it, but not everything.

i'll expand on this if needed, but i'm pretty sure we've had this discussion before.
Expand please?
Seriously

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:38 pm

@nonymous wrote:
Haha I guess, but you know what Im sayin you rascal.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:42 pm

crow wrote:yeah, except this is about not seeing any of you at shows that are of the SAME GENRE AS YOUR BAND.
Yes.
I book hardcore bands ALL THE TIME guys.
They just aren't big-named... knaaaaaamean?

I hate hearing this "it's a different style of hardcore" shit.
It's hardcore, who gives a fuck?

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Here's your warning:

Gather some money for donations.
No excuses.

-Joe.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:54 pm

wheatstache wrote:Expand please?
what makes sense to me, and in my experience, really awesome communities have not only strong music scenes but also thriving arts and other social networking projects that work together and promote each other's activities. when different elements of a community work together, things become more interesting and fun and inevitably attendance goes up.

people need to feel apart of something, collective ownership, and they will want to preserve it.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:01 pm

@nonymous wrote:people need to feel apart of something, collective ownership, and they will want to preserve it.
examples- capture the flag, 515 dining club, parties, 515 grill outs, under the microscope....etc?

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:03 pm

joseph wrote:examples- capture the flag, 515 dining club, parties, 515 grill outs, under the microscope....etc?
those are good examples, sure, with some consistency.