More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Tom

2+2=doritos

Post by Tom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:36 am

http://www.kcci.com/news/15868743/detail.html

Iowa Scientists Seek Smokers For Pot Study

POSTED: 7:41 am CDT April 13, 2008

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- A group of University of Iowa scientists is looking for marijuana smokers to help gain insight into the drug's effects. And they plan to pay subjects as much as $600 to smoke their pot.

The study examines how marijuana affects brain function and cognition, with particular attention to the duration of use and the age of first use. The measure is brain imaging studies and achievement tests, such as for math and verbal skills.
sponsor

Robert Block is an associate professor in the school's Department of Anesthesia and the lead investigator on the project. He said the group is looking for pot users and control subjects who consume alcohol and tobacco, but not marijuana to participate in the study.

Subjects receive $20 for an initial screening session. Those that participate fully pocket $600.

Block said that, depending on the results, the study might ultimately be used to support political positions on marijuana. Those could include whether there should be harsher criminal penalties, whether it should be decriminalized, or whether it should be allowed for medicinal purposes.
obviously

noel_nothing

Re: 2+2=doritos

Post by noel_nothing » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:30 am

i'm guessing johnny reeferseed is already standing in line to join this project.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:08 pm

noel_nothing wrote:i'm guessing Big Fat Retard is already standing in line to join this project.
Fixed.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

noel_nothing

Post by noel_nothing » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 pm

thanks

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:24 pm

I was going to drive to Iowa City and sign up, but then I got high. Has anyone tried the new Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos? Dey is fantabulous!
I poop on Petland!