A Life Once Lost
Arsis

House of Bricks
$12/$14 iowatix.com
5pm

Beaver

Re: The Black Dahlia Murder, A Life Once Lost, Arsis

Post by Beaver » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:56 pm

Dude, ownage. First Fleet redeems itself.

sams

Post by sams » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:27 pm

haha... i may redeem myself for this one show, but for every one "good" show there will be 10 "bad" shows.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Yes indeed. Tween tight pants shows arnt my bag....plus Im still vexed about the last MWC cancellation.

sams

Post by sams » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:53 pm

they played here once though, right? I thought I had them with cobra starship... men women & children you're talking about, right?

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Yeah that was good one.

But they were booked but (correct my speculation) you cancelled them the second time b/c it was between a PTW show and some mook band and they were not a priority. Again that was the rumour.....just kidding with you anyways

Keep up the good work on all endevors. Your moxy is appreciated.

sams

Post by sams » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:19 pm

i don't remember the show honestly, but if it was canceled it was most likely on their end. I don't really cancel shows on my end because I still have to pay the bands whether they play or not... (i know your playing and to be honest, I have no idea who i am talking to ha)

bluerampage

Post by bluerampage » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:58 pm

the house of bricks website has a another band playing on may 10

sams

Post by sams » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:17 pm

they do? must be a mistake...

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:38 pm

Sounds fun. May or may not be in San Diego, though!! :(

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:32 am

What are you going to be doing in San Diego? I love that place.

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 am

Derek and I are going there for a week. Hopefully we will see pandas and koalas and Tijuana. What else is good to do there?

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:29 am

As many times as I've been to that area and as much as I like zoos, I've never been to the SD zoo. I hear it's everything it's cracked up to be. I also hear they have a drive-thru animal park that's kind of cool. Then there's Sea World, of course. Never been there either. There's lots of ill shit around Balboa Park (where the zoo is located).

The beaches around SD are very nice, but the Pacific is a little cold. The weather out there is virtually always nice though, so you could get some quality beach time in during your visit (up to and including surfing)

The Gaslamp quarter is the downtown entertainment distict. Here is where you'll find a lot of nightclubs, restaurants and some specialty retail. I don't remember any specific places, but I recall there were some interesting ethnic places (Persian, Indonesian, Japanese, etc). Honestly, the place is about what you would expect Court Avenue to look like if we had a nice climate and it was ten times as big. You might find something worthwhile there, but at the very least it's worth a walk-through. There used to be a cool museum of death with crime scene photos, serial killer artifacts and a chicken with two asses, but it closed down. I once got a handjob at Moose Mcgillicuddy's from a Mexican girl, too.

Hillcrest is the gay neighborhood and you'll find specialty retail, less formal dining, cafes and so on. I once got stuck there on Halloween, shit was wild.

San Diego has a nice Little Italy. While there food there isn't as good as Souffside Des Moines Italian, there are a lot of little cool places. Worth strolling through. It's pretty much downtown. Oh, and if you're planning on just wondering around downtown there's also an open air mall. I don't recall anything all that cool there, but it's a three story mall without a roof. Neat.

There's lots of nice Spanish architecture throughout the city. If you drive around the city, you'll also see a really cool Mormon temple off the freeway. Lots of good Mexican food and cholo culture in the area as well.

All the ships are kind of interesting. You can see a good portion of the Pacific fleet and all kinds of other ships from the harbor. When you land in San Diego, adjacent to the airport you can see where I went to boot camp and you may even see Marine Corps recruits out running around from your plane window. There's a cool Marine Corps museum on the base and on Fridays they let the public in to view boot camp graduations, but I doubt you'd really be into that.

Public transportation sucks. The trolley system is ok to take you around the core of San Diego, but to get to some of the outlying towns it's kind of hard. Traffic is terrible, but renting a car is not a bad idea if you plan on going to LA, the IE, OC or virtually anywhere outside of the SD and the no-shit suburbs. Driving up the PCH is kind of cool though.

As far as Tijuana goes, my advice is as follows: She's not really a virgin no matter how much she insists and it may look and sound like a woman, but there's a good chance it isn't.

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:40 am

That all sounds really awesome. Bummer about the death museum! Sounds tight.

Thanks for all the infos! I'll keep Derek away from the tranny prostitutes.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:44 am

Oh, you might like the Che Cafe on the UCSD campus. It's tucked aways in there, so you'll have to do a lot of walking if you're taking the bus. It's basically a venue ran by students that serves vegan food. They have a lot of shows and other events there, it's worth getting on the internetz and checking their schedule to see if theres anything that interests you while you're there. It's kind of a cool place if there weren't so many Bolsheviks around, but I guess that's what you get when you name a place after Che Guevera.

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:14 pm

I saw that when I was browsing veg places to eat... looks pretty promising. Definitely try to check it out.

sams

Post by sams » Fri May 02, 2008 6:49 pm

next week!

sams

Post by sams » Sat May 10, 2008 12:04 pm

tonight!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sat May 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Arsis is good.
Too much.

-Joe.

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Sat May 10, 2008 7:04 pm

wish i wasn't working all night.

totally would have checked this out.

new Arsis fucking reigns.
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

lilryan69
Mosh

Post by lilryan69 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:28 pm

Wow maybe there shouldn't be hardcore shows booked at House of Dicks anymore...that place is a joke...M&P Security are total faggots...and that place sucks anyways.
Try breathin' underwater