More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Varg
Failed DMACC

Varg hits new low: Who's to blame?

Post by Varg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:43 am

Look no further than reality t.v. Where dozens of narcissist dumb-fucks are pitted against one and degrade themselves for a 'prize' most people wouldn't even want. (Brett Michaels? u serious?)

Well now you've done it. The '08 presidential race has become nothing more than a pathetic reality show that we all know is "stupid...but I can't help but watch it anyway."
In a pathetic attempt to draw attention away from bill clinton giving a speech....obama campaigners announced at the same time that they would be GIVING AWAY FREE DAVE MATTHEWS TICKETS.

These are people helping run his campaign. Yes it reflects on him- POORLY, if I may add. How pathetic, depraved, and desperate do you have to pull such a stunt?

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 8804030466

Perhaps a better question is....HOW FUCKING STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO BE ENTICED BY THIS?

Jason Schechtman, 19, Deerfield, Ill., a student at IU, got his tickets about 8 p.m. after waiting more than three hours. He met folks in line who said they'd left the Clinton rally to wait for tickets.

"I was leaning toward Obama, but this sealed the deal for sure," he said. "The Obama campaign announced this right as (Bill Clinton) was about to speak, and it brought everyone from over there to over here."

You know, I really didn't care for what his minister had to say about America, I didn't really care much for his attitude towards wearing an American Flag lapel pin, and I didn't much care for his warped views on foreign policy....but God damn, free DMB tickets? I'm in...

edit: That's giving him too much credit, it was probably more along these lines : "dude of course I'll vote for you for gov'ner. What? Oh, I mean president. Can I have my tix plz?"
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Re: Nation hits new low: Who's to blame?

Post by El Rhino » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:16 am

Damn those non-threatening African Americans.

HeyFergy

Re: Varg hits new low: Who's to blame?

Post by HeyFergy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:52 am

Varg, have you ever paid attention to any presidential elections in the past? Because if you think this is important enough to warrant a rant I don't believe you have. This is nothing. This whole election has been pretty fucking mild compared to the last one.

Heshua

Post by Heshua » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:00 am

rants are usually longer.
El Oh El

HeyFergy

Post by HeyFergy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:09 am

okay, is "bitch" more appropriate? was this really worth bitching about?

DARKBASS

Post by DARKBASS » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:47 am

why dave matthews tix........

yuck, that does not sound very enticing at all........

also

I don't think that is much of a tactic to achieve any realistic goal at all, if it is, it is not a very good one..........

(win over the DMB fan vote?)
MARK'O'WAR

DARKBASS

Post by DARKBASS » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:47 am

why dave matthews tix........

yuck, that does not sound very enticing at all........

also

I don't think that is much of a tactic to achieve any realistic goal at all, if it is, it is not a very good one..........

(win over the DMB fan vote?)
MARK'O'WAR

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Dave Mathews is pretty brown.

Varg is just making a stink b/c he knows like the rest of the world that republicans dont stand a fucking chance. Mccain = Dole.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:26 pm

HeyFergy wrote:Varg, have you ever paid attention to any presidential elections in the past? Because if you think this is important enough to warrant a rant I don't believe you have. This is nothing. This whole election has been pretty fucking mild compared to the last one.

Really? Can't say I'm very familiar with candidates really campaigning for that band vote. What an insignificant and worthless demographic to be chasing ...but I suppose that's the point isn't it? I mean I heard about a lady giving poor people food to vote for gore in Florida in '00, but that was FOOD, something you NEED to LIVE. But I'm sure your right. Your condescending attitude is more than enough to keep me from questioning the ghosts of election past. fgt. Way to miss the entire point of the article. I'm glad you feel you can just write this off as nothing because you think "oh well compared to..."

I think Brian Regan did a piece about you...
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Beaver wrote:Dave Mathews is pretty brown.

Varg is just making a stink b/c he knows like the rest of the world that republicans dont stand a fucking chance. Mccain = Dole.

If you think I'm campaigning for mccain, you're sadly mistaken. I'd vote for clinton before I'd vote for mccain. And what sources exactly have you seen that show either obama or clinton having ANY lead over mccain? Every poll I've seen has shown him ahead of them by a substantial margin.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:42 pm

Varg wrote: I'd vote for clinton before I'd vote for mccain.
go back to operation chaos

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:51 pm

Varg wrote:
Beaver wrote:Dave Mathews is pretty brown.

If you think I'm campaigning for mccain, you're sadly mistaken. I'd vote for clinton before I'd vote for mccain. And what sources exactly have you seen that show either obama or clinton having ANY lead over mccain? Every poll I've seen has shown him ahead of them by a substantial margin.
White closed minded unprogressive America wins again eh?

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:55 pm

DMB are campaigning for Obama by their own choice.

What you're implying is that the Obama campaign picked that particular artist in an attempt to woo their fans, specifically.. which is pretty ridiculous.

Elton John performed at a Clinton campaign event.. she's clearly chasing the gay English dudes who wear tinted glasses vote.

The only slightly interesting or controversial aspect (and only in a very slow news day kinda way) of the story is the strategic timing of the ticket release.

So, which radio blowhard brought this story to your attention?
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

WebSkunk

Post by WebSkunk » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Varg wrote: And what sources exactly have you seen that show either obama or clinton having ANY lead over mccain? Every poll I've seen has shown him ahead of them by a substantial margin.
CBS NEWS - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Mar08c-politics.pdf

PEW research - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://people-press.org/reports/questionnaires/407.pdf

CNN - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/18/candidate.poll/

USA Today/Gallup - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/20 ... tml?csp=34

Newsweek - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://www.newsweek.com/id/119953/page/1

But it doesn't matter until Fox News reports it, right?
huh?

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:13 pm

WebSkunk wrote:
Varg wrote: And what sources exactly have you seen that show either obama or clinton having ANY lead over mccain? Every poll I've seen has shown him ahead of them by a substantial margin.
CBS NEWS - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Mar08c-politics.pdf

PEW research - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://people-press.org/reports/questionnaires/407.pdf

CNN - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/18/candidate.poll/

USA Today/Gallup - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/20 ... tml?csp=34

Newsweek - Obama and Clinton both over McCain
http://www.newsweek.com/id/119953/page/1

But it doesn't matter until Fox News reports it, right?
Wow.
Seriously

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:33 pm

Why did you have to go and post legitimate sources? Now we'll never see Varg back in this thread.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:21 pm

robdigi wrote:DMB are campaigning for Obama by their own choice.

What you're implying is that the Obama campaign picked that particular artist in an attempt to woo their fans, specifically.. which is pretty ridiculous.

Elton John performed at a Clinton campaign event.. she's clearly chasing the gay English dudes who wear tinted glasses vote.

The only slightly interesting or controversial aspect (and only in a very slow news day kinda way) of the story is the strategic timing of the ticket release.

So, which radio blowhard brought this story to your attention?

There is a difference between an artist performing at a candidates rally....and a candidate giving away free tickets to try and upstage the opposition. It is PATHETIC. I'm not surprised you don't see it though.

joseph wrote:
Varg wrote: I'd vote for clinton before I'd vote for mccain.
go back to operation chaos

Don't even start with that bullshit. The whole reason Mccain is the republican nominee is because of the democrats own operation chaos, so quit your fucking crying. I still to this day have not met ONE mccain supporter. NOT ONE. Why does Operation Chaos piss you off so much? Because you hate Limbaugh or because you hate women and can't stand the idea of having a woman president(ial nominee)?

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:59 am

Varg wrote:
joseph wrote:go back to operation chaos

Don't even start with that bullshit. The whole reason Mccain is the republican nominee is because of the democrats own operation chaos, so quit your fucking crying. I still to this day have not met ONE mccain supporter. NOT ONE. Why does Operation Chaos piss you off so much? Because you hate Limbaugh or because you hate women and can't stand the idea of having a woman president(ial nominee)?
youre funny. did i say i was crying? ive listened to rush since i was 14. i still try to catch some of his show everyday. i do hate women tho. i cant stand mccain hes a bitch.
you are pulling some chaos tactics ... showing how backhanded obama is. so maybe you should start crying.