More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Re: A true American hero in the 515

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:03 pm

the pizza guy was in the paper today. Apparently he got fired, and media is not portraying what happened during the incident correctly. Couldn't comment more because of ongoing investigation.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:15 pm

storkus wrote:You're probably talking about corn tortillas, I'm guessing. The little tan ones that they double up for each taco, right?

. Personally, I like ethnic food because it's often good, but also as sort of a cultural exploration. I think it's interesting to find out what people eat in other parts of the world and be able to try it and expand my palate and food experience. .

I guess there's a line to be drawn between people who are into ethnic food to impress people and boost their worldly credentials, and those who are into exploring unfamiliar and exciting food that speaks for its place of origin.
Yeah, that's it. Corn tortillas.

I agree with your sentiments and usually try to follow them myself.

I think there is a difference between someone out to try new things from unfamiliar places and some asshole splitting hairs over a taco, often times the only real difference is who's serving it. I don't think "authentic" Mexican food is bad as a rule of thumb, it just seems like the really shitty ones get the "authentic" title and some people rant and rave over them for nothing.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:17 pm

I don't know and don't care if the food from the taco wagons is authentic or not. All I know is that for $5.50 I get a big ass burrito that tastes hella good. The only place I know that does better is El Rey, but they're way the fuck over in West Des Moines. I'm not sure why everyone raves about Tasty Tacos. I've ate there a few times and thought the food was just overrated crap. Taco John's is better.

If Brian Meyer and others have a problem with being embarrassed to have their friends drive down SE 14th on the way to their Easter Lake welfare houses, they need to move to Waukee or Clive so they can feel safe being surrounded by strip malls and cookie cutter houses. The Casa Bella and Hawkeye Motels are historical treasures that need to stay in place. Just get rid of the apartment complexes east of Hy Vee on Park and the Southside will be cool.
I poop on Petland!