More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Hank Fist
Shaolin

because some of you need more junk

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:05 pm

Someone sent this to me. Maybe you need more junk, maybe you need a curb to put your junk on. Anyway, i know some of you are thrifty mofo's.

2008 Suburban Spring Clean Up Schedule

In the suburbs people put stuff out on the curb for spring clean up

Get free stuff, recycle and reuse, save it from filling up our landfill,
construction materials, picnic tables and chairs, antiques, bicycles,
children's toys and equipment, you name it, it's there for the taking.

Pass the word, it's a fun way to spend an evening
For city maps, check your phone book
Adel
Friday April 18th
Grimes
Friday May 2nd
Johnston
Sunday May 11th, Monday May 12th
Ankeny
Friday May 16th, Saturday May 17th

If you live near to or are interested in,
other suburban or small towns such as Ames, Dallas Center, Norwalk,
you can call their public works phone numbers in the city section of the phone book,
and ask when their spring clean up is scheduled.

Remember the date they tell you, and then go the evening before to get the goods.

joseph

Re: because some of you need more junk

Post by joseph » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:19 pm

thanks.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:47 pm

i hit the urbandale one every year. good stuff over there. drake is better when school gets out.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

little foot

Post by little foot » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:06 am

half of my farm came from these days. the jordan creek area is just fucking shocking on what they throw out. tools, stereos, good carpet/rugs, i even got a great wheel barrel. shocking i tell tell ya, shocking.
every time you use your cell phone around my kids i am gonna blow smoke in your face. cancer is cancer.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:27 am

If anyone finds a good wheel barrow this year, hit me up, I need one.

His Manjesty

Post by His Manjesty » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:57 am

thanks for posting this. i love spring clean up and i missed it last year. i always find something good. a couple years ago, i found a box of old jr high school love letters...hilarious. i can transcribe a couple on here if anyone's interested. i actually scanned the more hilarious notes to start a website where people can submit hilarious notes they've found or received. i never got to actually making it because i'm lazy.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:42 pm

His Manjesty wrote:thanks for posting this. i love spring clean up and i missed it last year. i always find something good. a couple years ago, i found a box of old jr high school love letters...hilarious. i can transcribe a couple on here if anyone's interested. i actually scanned the more hilarious notes to start a website where people can submit hilarious notes they've found or received. i never got to actually making it because i'm lazy.
http://www.foundmagazine.com
that would make it easier.
that could be a hilarious thread.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:42 pm

In Camp Pendleton, CA we found an old ammo tin full of letters and pictures in an old squad bay that a Staff Sergeant in some other unit received while being deployed in Iraq.

The girl's name was Amber and she lived in the Phoenix area. His name was Robby. They had met online. The letters started off fairly innocent and then after a couple she would discuss how she's never actually met him but feels so close to him. She had a mulatto son named Tony and his father was apparently a real abusive dick and in prison. I believe Robby was black as well. She even sent a few pictures of Tony. Most of the letters were PG-13 or so with a few slight hints that she was looking for some coal sausage when he got back stateside.

Anyways, some of us kept the pictures and hung them up on our locker doors and would talk about Amber and Tony like she was really our girlfriend. "Yeah, Tony is going to the zoo over night tonight and it's the first time Amber has been away from him overnight, I know she's taking it pretty rough". Eventually someone (Hairy's brother, actually) decided to start writing Amber letters based on the return address on the envelopes. He sent a couple of them, she never wrote back or she moved or something. We kind of expected some big black pissed off staff-NCO to come to our barracks and chew our asses for trying to "stir his kool-aid".

People in Iraq always ask if you have kids or a wife. I kept the picture of Amber around and a picture of Tony to show was my wife. The general consensus about Amber was that she was "OK" and usually they wouldn't say anything, but get a funny look on their face when I would tell them that this little mulatto kid was my son.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:44 pm

El Rhino wrote:In Camp Pendleton, CA we found an old ammo tin full of letters and pictures in an old squad bay that a Staff Sergeant in some other unit received while being deployed in Iraq.

The girl's name was Amber and she lived in the Phoenix area. His name was Robby. They had met online. The letters started off fairly innocent and then after a couple she would discuss how she's never actually met him but feels so close to him. She had a mulatto son named Tony and his father was apparently a real abusive dick and in prison. I believe Robby was black as well. She even sent a few pictures of Tony. Most of the letters were PG-13 or so with a few slight hints that she was looking for some coal sausage when he got back stateside.

Anyways, some of us kept the pictures and hung them up on our locker doors and would talk about Amber and Tony like she was really our girlfriend. "Yeah, Tony is going to the zoo over night tonight and it's the first time Amber has been away from him overnight, I know she's taking it pretty rough". Eventually someone (Hairy's brother, actually) decided to start writing Amber letters based on the return address on the envelopes. He sent a couple of them, she never wrote back or she moved or something. We kind of expected some big black pissed off staff-NCO to come to our barracks and chew our asses for trying to "stir his kool-aid".

People in Iraq always ask if you have kids or a wife. I kept the picture of Amber around and a picture of Tony to show was my wife. The general consensus about Amber was that she was "OK" and usually they wouldn't say anything, but get a funny look on their face when I would tell them that this little mulatto kid was my son.
This is a great little story.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.