jjjsXe

american dad

Post by jjjsXe » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:52 pm

meh.....
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

noel_nothing

Re: american dad

Post by noel_nothing » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:28 pm

agree. just like family guy, see an episode once or twice & you wont need to see it again. fuckin' adult swim!

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:30 am

American Dad is better than Family Guy. Really neither of them are good. South Park did a good job at summing up these shows in two episodes.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

HeyFergy

Post by HeyFergy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:31 am

American Dad is one of the worst shows I have ever seen, cartoon or not. It's like the dude that made Family Guy had NO other ideas so he just drew the characters from Family Guy differently and hired some shitty writers to come up with everything else. So bad. I have seen 3 episodes all the way through and I haven't laughed once.

That being said...I do love Family Guy. Every since The Simpsons started sucking so hard like 7 years ago I have had Family Guy to fill the void.

moltar

Post by moltar » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 am

HF is right on with this one. Family Guy puts in the work to make full musical numbers and has a decent spread of types of comedy. American Dad really likes to beat a dead horse with uninteresting sexist jokes. Not to mention the characters on AD are practically all weak where as the only main dive character on Family Guy is Meg.

noel_nothing

Post by noel_nothing » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:18 pm

i loved the first episode of south park this season. it actually raises a point, still manages to rip on it the whole episode & makes people wonder why we dont hear much about aids these days?

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:11 pm

South Park is still great. Family Guy is about the only thing on at 10 at night. American Dad is pretty funny - I will say its prolly Patrick Stewart that does it for me.

Human Giant is prolly my favorite show at the moment.