More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Making @nonymous Internet Posting Illegal

Post by El Rhino » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:36 pm

http://www.wtvq.com/content/midatlantic ... -0011.html

This guy is trying to get a bill passed that will make it illegal to post on a website anonymously. I guess he wants people to register their full names and address at any website they post comments at and it sounds like he wants full names used as screen names. He says this is to crack down on online bullying which apparently has been pretty bad in Eastern Kentucky. They will still allow anarchists to have free reign on the internet though, don't let the title fool you.

The thing that really bugs me is who is actually contacting their representative about online bullying? If people are actually calling this guy over getting pwned on the internetz, we are doomed to failure as a nation.

joseph

Re: Making @nonymous Internet Posting Illegal

Post by joseph » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:39 pm

El Rhino wrote:http://www.wtvq.com/content/midatlantic ... -0011.html

This guy is trying to get a bill passed that will make it illegal to post on a website anonymously. I guess he wants people to register their full names and address at any website they post comments at and it sounds like he wants full names used as screen names. He says this is to crack down on online bullying which apparently has been pretty bad in Eastern Kentucky. They will still allow anarchists to have free reign on the internet though, don't let the title fool you.

The thing that really bugs me is who is actually contacting their representative about online bullying? If people are actually calling this guy over getting pwned on the internetz, we are doomed to failure as a nation.
online bullying might go away if the bullies could actually beat some kids up and take their lunch money. maybe people should post their addresses instead of their names.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:26 pm

They have computers in Eastern Kentucky?

noel_nothing

Post by noel_nothing » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:18 pm

ZING!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:45 am

I've already written several letters to Tom Harkin and Charles Assley begging them to pass similiar legislation to stop all the bullying and threats that I'm a victim of from people on this very board. For some reason they just ignore me.
I poop on Petland!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:50 am

Shut up, gaywad.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:04 pm

i think @nonymous is a good dude and should be allowed to post and bully wherever an whomever he pleases.