More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

The Republican/Punk Debate

Post by El Rhino » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:46 am

http://www.gopunk.com/gp/Forum1/index.p ... 000033.cgi

Very enlightening and informing thread from some messageboard six years ago on the state of Republicans in punk rock, as well as the sXe scene. Hilarious.

joseph

Re: The Republican/Punk Debate

Post by joseph » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:23 am

i tried. wow, i tried. that board has more dummies than this one(NO OFFENSE). i'll try more later...

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:07 pm

definitely refrained from clicking. proud of myself. :lol:
i fucking rule.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:00 pm

IF you read that post, our old friend majisto chimes in for a post towards the end, just thought you would all like to know. he doesn't have anything productive to say really. same ol same ol
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

HeyFergy

Post by HeyFergy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:05 pm

My eyeballs started bleeding halfway through that post. That dude talking about how punk rock he is because he is vegan straight edge (the only true straight edge!!) and listens to anti-flag but how much "underground" bands suck and are a bunch of pussies because they aren't political. *twitch*

What fucking douche bags.

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:31 pm

boring boring boring

"rebeelion" hilarious typo

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:31 am

HeyFergy wrote:My eyeballs started bleeding halfway through that post. That dude talking about how punk rock he is because he is vegan straight edge (the only true straight edge!!) and listens to anti-flag but how much "underground" bands suck and are a bunch of pussies because they aren't political. *twitch*

What fucking douche bags.
this is the only thing i wanted to comment on. i'd like to hear your reasoning on how vegan is the only true straight edge. i just find it entertaining when people make up new interpretations.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:52 am

Bullet Tooth wrote: this is the only thing i wanted to comment on. i'd like to hear your reasoning on how vegan is the only true straight edge. i just find it entertaining when people make up new interpretations.

I don't think HeyFergy meant that he holds that belief, if that's what you meant.

There's a lot I wanted to comment on. I did notice our good friend Majisto chiming in as well. I'd say that KidIcarus20 is pretty much the proto-Herb. That SN seems familiar for some reason. I must've goon'd his ass on an AOL chatroom or something back in 2001.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:56 am

El Rhino wrote:
Bullet Tooth wrote: this is the only thing i wanted to comment on. i'd like to hear your reasoning on how vegan is the only true straight edge. i just find it entertaining when people make up new interpretations.

I don't think HeyFergy meant that he holds that belief, if that's what you meant.

There's a lot I wanted to comment on. I did notice our good friend Majisto chiming in as well. I'd say that KidIcarus20 is pretty much the proto-Herb. That SN seems familiar for some reason. I must've goon'd his ass on an AOL chatroom or something back in 2001.
the "only true straightedge!!!" part makes me think its the belief he holds. i just like to find out where people come up with this shit.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:04 am

I think he was refering to that kid's comments. I guess we'll leave it to Hey Fergy!!!!! for clarification.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:10 am

i guess i should probably read things before i post.

oh well.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:12 am

You didn't get to be the top poster by reading before you post. Fuck it, why mess with success?

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:16 am

El Rhino wrote:You didn't get to be the top poster by reading before you post. Fuck it, why mess with success?
true that, homie.

i feel better already.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:
El Rhino wrote:

the "only true straightedge!!!" part makes me think its the belief he holds. i just like to find out where people come up with this shit.
i don't take "straightedge" kids seriously unless they're vegan. you can't sit there and tell me how bad i'm fucking my body by smoking a j and then chow down on whoppers, big macs, and kfc all the fucking time. eating meat can be just as detrimental to your body as drinking a few beers every now and then. not to mention that the meat, dairy, and egg industries are just as "evil" as big tobacco and alcohol companies (and in my opinion, more so than any drug dealers).
i dunno, i always saw the justification for being straightedge as the preservation of your body and mind. i think along with that is environmental preservation. its been proven that being vegan is the best dietary choice for the environment. riding a bike, using public transportation, etc are just ways to further that.
i've been eating vegan since the beginning of december and i've never felt better about myself. in addition to that, i've actually gained about 8 pounds (all muscle) and started lifting and exercising on a regular basis. its gonna be wierd for me this week cuz i just got out here and have yet to join a gym.
a question for zach and jordan (nothing personal, just wondering). why are you guys straightedge?

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:02 pm

inx515xhell wrote:[i don't take "straightedge" kids seriously unless they're vegan. you can't sit there and tell me how bad i'm fucking my body by smoking a j and then chow down on whoppers, big macs, and kfc all the fucking time. eating meat can be just as detrimental to your body as drinking a few beers every now and then. not to mention that the meat, dairy, and egg industries are just as "evil" as big tobacco and alcohol companies (and in my opinion, more so than any drug dealers).
i dunno, i always saw the justification for being straightedge as the preservation of your body and mind. i think along with that is environmental preservation. its been proven that being vegan is the best dietary choice for the environment. riding a bike, using public transportation, etc are just ways to further that.
i've been eating vegan since the beginning of december and i've never felt better about myself. in addition to that, i've actually gained about 8 pounds (all muscle) and started lifting and exercising on a regular basis. its gonna be wierd for me this week cuz i just got out here and have yet to join a gym.
a question for zach and jordan (nothing personal, just wondering). why are you guys straightedge?
thats funny cause i dont take "vegans" seriously that arent straight edge.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:05 pm

joseph wrote:
inx515xhell wrote:[i don't take "straightedge" kids seriously unless they're vegan. you can't sit there and tell me how bad i'm fucking my body by smoking a j and then chow down on whoppers, big macs, and kfc all the fucking time. eating meat can be just as detrimental to your body as drinking a few beers every now and then. not to mention that the meat, dairy, and egg industries are just as "evil" as big tobacco and alcohol companies (and in my opinion, more so than any drug dealers).
touche.

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:05 pm

whine whine whine.

animals, beer.

whine whine whine.

I'm not really straight edge, I got too much whine!

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:07 pm

inx515xhell wrote:
joseph wrote:
inx515xhell wrote:[i don't take "straightedge" kids seriously unless they're vegan.
touche.
i meant to put "seriously" in quotes not "vegans"

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:08 pm

im not straightedge. i sold out for cigars, remember? i guess good did come from it. i still have no desire to drink or do anything else. i just love cigars. and maybe a good big mac.

just to clarify for everyone, straightedge when ian mckaye "started it" was supposed to be all about moderation, not abstinence. people just took it further. i just dont get how people are so fucked up on all this that its necessary to compare your edge to others. its gotten out of hand. plus factor in courage crew and the like that actually will beat your ass over it. gay.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:15 pm

im a vegan straightedge virgin and 18 for life. self proclaimed.