Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Re: don't call me "dude".

Post by ilikehorses » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:18 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Ok. Here's a video of a black guy beating up a much smaller girl:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wUlu2LzfR_8

This isn't the only evidence of a black guy beating up a white woman I've seen! As if the first video wasn't disturbing, here's one of a black guy beating up an elderly white woman over her purse.. kicking her on the ground, even.

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/thug-b ... -old-lady/

By your reasoning, it's now ok for me to make broad statements about black people. The funny thing is, if I were to make those statements you would try to bend over backwards and get red in the face saying things like "that doesn't represent the whole race!" and "Those are individual incidents" or "it's because of poverty". Then your friends would say "Man, this guy really looks like an idiot for stereotyping people!".
i agree that judging an entire group of people by the actions of one person is fucked up.
but being a cop is not a race. it's not something youre born into or can't change. it's something people choose to be and choose to become. you'd be better off making a comparison to accountants or lawyers or politicians.
because of the job and the lifestyle the accompanies being a police officer, police officers across the country generally will have more in common culturally than black people or people of any race, creed. because of the job and the culture that comes along with it, they have very similar attitudes and similar belief patterns and so on and so forth.
yes, i made a crack about cops being "good people," but i never said "all cops are assholes" (at least not in this thread, i'm sure i've said it before, though. ha.).
and yes, this is a perfect example of how fucked up our law enforcement system is and, yes, it is fucked up.
Last edited by ilikehorses on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:18 pm

and that first video....fuck yeah, the girl knocked his ass out...and him beaten on her is only smashing sexism...fuck, we plee for gender equality right? she got her ass into a mess, got roughed up, but kicked some ass...anyways can you claim equality if it is wrong to take a swing at a woman???

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:19 pm

and that first video....fuck yeah, the girl knocked his ass out...and him beaten on her is only smashing sexism...fuck, we plee for gender equality right? she got her ass into a mess, got roughed up, but kicked some ass...anyways can you claim equality if it is wrong to take a swing at a woman???

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:20 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:
http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/thug-b ... -old-lady/"

looks totally fake

I think I posted the wrong one, here's the one with the newsclip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5iCBlFbVOk

I posted the other one because I thought it was the same one without the news report, I guess not.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:15 pm

i have met some totally sweet cops, sure, we all have, my dare officer was awesome, and he looked like henry rollins in the movie the chase when he was a cop. also in the liar video when he was dressed as a cop. chin dimple and all.
ill bet henry had a fun ass time pretending to be a cop in that movie.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:31 pm

ilikehorses wrote:but being a cop is not a race. it's not something youre born into or can't change. it's something people choose to be and choose to become.
did you mean cop or gay?

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:39 pm

I would say that the asshole to cool cop ratio is about 50/50. The cool ones are the ones that look the other way when they catch you with weed or open beers in your car.
I poop on Petland!

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:43 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:I would say that the asshole to cool cop ratio is about 50/50. The cool ones are the ones that look the other way when they catch you with weed or open beers in your car.

something we can all relate to
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:53 pm

SALVATORE RIVIERI
4 DELIGHT AVE
NOTTINGHAM, MD 21236
1-410-882-6737

His phone has been disconnected, but I doubt he changed his address. Mail him and tell him your disgust.
I poop on Petland!

moltar

Post by moltar » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:36 pm

jjjsXe wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:I would say that the asshole to cool cop ratio is about 50/50. The cool ones are the ones that look the other way when they catch you with weed or open beers in your car.
something we can all relate to
Cool cops do things like give you a warning when you're driving 30-35 in a 20 in a town you've never been to.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:56 pm

fuck the police

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:03 pm

ilikehorses wrote:
i agree that judging an entire group of people by the actions of one person is fucked up.
but being a cop is not a race. it's not something youre born into or can't change. it's something people choose to be and choose to become. you'd be better off making a comparison to accountants or lawyers or politicians.
because of the job and the lifestyle the accompanies being a police officer, police officers across the country generally will have more in common culturally than black people or people of any race, creed. because of the job and the culture that comes along with it, they have very similar attitudes and similar belief patterns and so on and so forth.

You're absolutely correct. I think that teachers are bad because of the ones who decide they want to have sex with 13 year olds. I think that clergymembers are bad because some of them have sex with 13 year old boys. I think mechanics are bad because Joey Buttafouco was a scumbag and some of them have been known to charge more than they should. Doctors are bad too because there are some of them out there who are crooked.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 pm

El Rhino wrote:
ilikehorses wrote:

You're absolutely correct. I think that teachers are bad because of the ones who decide they want to have sex with 13 year olds. I think that clergymembers are bad because some of them have sex with 13 year old boys. I think mechanics are bad because Joey Buttafouco was a scumbag and some of them have been known to charge more than they should. Doctors are bad too because there are some of them out there who are crooked.
if a larger percentage of teachers, mechanics, or doctors did really fucked up things, i'd say "yeah, youre right!" if we're talking, like someone earlier said, a 50/50 ratio of good and bad, that's a HUGE percentage.
personally, in my life, in my situations throughout childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, i'd say a 50/50 ratio is a bit off. i can only remember one good police officer i've ever met. all the others said and did really fucked up things. now, of course, i realize that creates my view of police...

and of course, again, i never said "all cops are bad." i said our law enforcement system is fucked.

and i'm glad we agree on clergymembers.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Heshua

Post by Heshua » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:13 am

ilikehorses wrote:this is why it is important for everyone to know their rights and know what to do if stopped by police. a cop cannot make you sit or do anything just because he wants you to.
if this kid had been informed, he may have still lost his skateboard (obviously, that's a violation of the constitution as well), but this would've been a better situation.
it's easy for people in power, like the police, to abuse their power and pick on people when people don't know how to handle the situation or their rights.
the aclu and other organizations have great information on your rights when stopped by police. i suggest everyone read up on it. it might come in handy.

Did the cop say he just 'wanted' the kids to sit, or were they trespassing/loitering? He did tell them they were not allowed to ride their skateboards there. He can absolutely tell the kids to sit down, shut up, and address him as officer or sir. Go back and watch the beginning of the video. The cop is being totally civil until the kid acts like an idiot.

Kid1 (black shirt) - Addresses the officer as sir. otherwise has marbles in his
fucking mouth, can't make out the rest.
Rivieri - Hey
Kid2 (white shirt with writing) - what?
Rivieri - Can you hear me?
Kid2 - Yeah
Rivieri - ......you're not allowed to ride your skateboards here.
Kid 2 - I didn't hear you.
All he had to say here was, "sorry officer" "won't happen again" "I didn't know that"
If he really didn't hear him, fine, but don't sit there and try to have a pissing contest with a cop. Look them in the eye, answer their question(s)
Rivieri - .....where are you from?
Kid 2 - ..I didn't do anything
Wrong answer.

It's not always about 'knowing your rights'. Never once did the kids say anything close to an apology, or addressing the cop (yes he is a cop, not a meter maid) with any level of respect.

That having been said, the cop was probably out of line when he got physical. For all we know when the cop goes out of frame the kid could have raised his skateboard behind his head, or the cop just doesn't know how to control his temper.

If you want to banter on about how to address a cop, fine. Here are two examples from personal experience.

Near where I work there is a gas station. I work late, and sometimes drop in right after work for beer, food etc.....
Most nights there's an on-duty DM police officer who comes in and shoots the shit with me and the overnight clerk. we talk about the gas station's gas-delivery semi driver who keeps taking the wrong route (residential streets and not commercial or some shit) and in general questions about what civilians can and cannot do legally. I've said to him, "later man" and "later dude" plenty of times.

I stayed at a friend's apartment in Iowa City for a weekend. He lived in an apartment on Linn street. I left for Des Moines on Sunday and found myself going through the intersection at Gilbert and Market. If you've ever been through that intersection, you'll know what I'm talking about. Before the lights, your lane converts directly into a left turn lane. You don't merge or lean left, you just go straight and that's the left turn lane. Well to get to the interstate I needed to go straight through and continue on the same street. In order to do this, unbeknownst to me, I was supposed to merge right, then merge left. It's fucked up.
So I go straight over the left turn lane, and a cop was on Market waiting to go through. He pulls me over.
I do everything by the book. Pull over, turn on the hazard flashers, kill the engine and stereo, roll down the window, and put my hands at ten and two on the steering wheel.
He comes up and says good evening. I look him in the eye and say "good evening officer." He asks if I know why he pulled me over. Still looking him in the eye, I reply "Honestly I have no idea." He explains my illegal lane change. I apologize and tell him I'm not that familiar with Iowa City, just visiting a friend for the weekend. He nods and casually asks if I've had anything to drink. I tell him I had one beer about 3 hours ago*.
He nods and takes license and registration etc. back to his cruiser. He comes back and says "have a safe trip back to Des Moines."

Did you read what happened? I told a cop I had been drinking (in the eyes of the law, one beer is drinking) and driving. No sobriety test, no breathalyzer. Why? He could tell I was being honest, but I also treated him with respect. Calling him Officer, looking him in the eye, answering his questions promptly.

Anyone on this board who says they can call an on-duty cop whatever they want is a liar and a pussy. They would never do that. Prove me wrong.

In case you already forgot, let me remind you I disagree with the cop's use of force. I find it hard to believe it was necessary against a tiny kid like that. The kid needs to learn some respect, and fast. Not every situation is black and white. Take it case by case.

*Thank you for pointing out I was in Iowa City and only had one beer, you shit chucking ape. Yes, I am not that big of a drinker, I'll still match you shot for shot. I only had one because I was fucking going to be driving for an hour and a half.
El Oh El

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:24 am

Call 410-396-3835 and ask for Dude.
I poop on Petland!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:32 am

ilikehorses wrote: if a larger percentage of teachers, mechanics, or doctors did really fucked up things, i'd say "yeah, youre right!" if we're talking, like someone earlier said, a 50/50 ratio of good and bad, that's a HUGE percentage. personally, in my life, in my situations throughout childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, i'd say a 50/50 ratio is a bit off. .

"I read on 515 Crew that 50% of cops are bad so that must be right"

Define "bad cop" and "good cop" here, Eddie. I'm really curious to know your take on enforcing the law. I recall a post years ago where you mentioned something about how "the police are only there to protect rich people's property and to oppress the poor" or something, so maybe in your head most cops really are evil for upholding the law and doing things most people wouldn't bat an eyelash at. So what does a "good cop" do and what are all these bad experiences you mention with police officers about? What's a "bad cop"?

Good post, Heshua. People say that police officers have a chip on their shoulder and a lot of time it works the other way too.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:43 am

El Rhino wrote:"I read on 515 Crew that 50% of cops are bad so that must be right"
It's true because I said it. I've been in contact with hundreds of cops in my life. The dickhead to good guy ratio among cops is about 50/50. About half of our cops are guys who got punked out of their lunch money in Jr High so now they're on a mission to get revenge on the world. The other half are decent guys who don't give a shit what people do as long as they're not hurting anyone.
I poop on Petland!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:48 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:
El Rhino wrote:"I read on 515 Crew that 50% of cops are bad so that must be right"
It's true because I said it. I've been in contact with hundreds of cops in my life. The dickhead to good guy ratio among cops is about 50/50. About half of our cops are guys who got punked out of their lunch money in Jr High so now there on a mission to get revenge on the world. The other half are decent guys who don't give a shit what people do as long as they're not hurting anyone.
So basically the only good cops are the ones that let you get away with breaking the law?

I'd rather see our police department taking assholes like you off the streets. Book 'em, Dan-o.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:52 am

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/stor ... 9803ea7db8

sounds like a real asset to the community.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:55 am

Do they have a link to this new video? I couldn't see it.

I think if this guy gets fired he should come be the door guy at Vaudeville Mews or something and teach you kids a lesson.

Heshua

Post by Heshua » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:58 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:
It's true because I said it. I've been in contact with hundreds of cops in my life. The dickhead to good guy ratio among cops is about 50/50. About half of our cops are guys who got punked out of their lunch money in Jr High so now they're on a mission to get revenge on the world. The other half are decent guys who don't give a shit what people do as long as they're not hurting anyone.

I'm going to assume at least two hundred cops. I'm also going to assume by contact you mean direct contact.

1. How old are you
2. How many states have you lived in for more than 2 months
3. On a scale of 1-8 how much of a fucking liar are you
4. Are you in fact the king of statistics, yes or no
5. How much lunch money did you give to bullet tooth in Jr high
6. I'm calling your bullshit and you must answer to me
7. I anticipate your shit-talking and challenge you to no-holds barred fist fighting and will PM you my full name, address, SSN, and a maplink to my address with the starting point being Blazing Saddle, where you live
El Oh El

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:05 am

robdigi wrote:http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/stor ... 9803ea7db8

sounds like a real asset to the community.
ha! That's awesome. Karma's a bitch, DUDE.
i fucking rule.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:07 am

I'm going to assume at least two hundred cops. I'm also going to assume by contact you mean direct contact. You're correct. At least 200 cops. I've had conatct with law enforcement since 1972 when I got busted shoplifting a squirtgun

1. How old are you older than fuck
2. How many states have you lived in for more than 2 months 2
3. On a scale of 1-8 how much of a fucking liar are you Only lie to cops and probation officers
4. Are you in fact the king of statistics, yes or no yes
5. How much lunch money did you give to bullet tooth in Jr high A kid by the name of Jerry Ziegler tried to take my lunch money once. Bullet Tooth was still in diapers when I was in Jr High
6. I'm calling your bullshit and you must answer to me I don't have to, but I will because I'm a Marijuana Christian
7. I anticipate your shit-talking and challenge you to no-holds barred fist fighting and will PM you my full name, address, SSN, and a maplink to my address with the starting point being Blazing Saddle, where you live I live at The Gallery and I won't fight you because my hands are registered as lethal weapons and with that comes the responsibility of of not using them to harm people except in self defense or the defense of retarded people
I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:09 am

El Rhino wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:
It's true because I said it. I've been in contact with hundreds of cops in my life. The dickhead to good guy ratio among cops is about 50/50. About half of our cops are guys who got punked out of their lunch money in Jr High so now there on a mission to get revenge on the world. The other half are decent guys who don't give a shit what people do as long as they're not hurting anyone.
So basically the only good cops are the ones that let you get away with breaking the law?
Yes
I poop on Petland!

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:53 am

El Rhino wrote:
ilikehorses wrote: if a larger percentage of teachers, mechanics, or doctors did really fucked up things, i'd say "yeah, youre right!" if we're talking, like someone earlier said, a 50/50 ratio of good and bad, that's a HUGE percentage. personally, in my life, in my situations throughout childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, i'd say a 50/50 ratio is a bit off. .

"I read on 515 Crew that 50% of cops are bad so that must be right"

Define "bad cop" and "good cop" here, Eddie. I'm really curious to know your take on enforcing the law. I recall a post years ago where you mentioned something about how "the police are only there to protect rich people's property and to oppress the poor" or something, so maybe in your head most cops really are evil for upholding the law and doing things most people wouldn't bat an eyelash at. So what does a "good cop" do and what are all these bad experiences you mention with police officers about? What's a "bad cop"?

Good post, Heshua. People say that police officers have a chip on their shoulder and a lot of time it works the other way too.
we can go on and on about the police, like we have many, many times. our police are no different than police in any other society throughout time. they are in place to protect the system we have developed and to protect the rich from the poor; they are not there for "law enforcement." they are social control.

and my definition of "good cop" would be an officer that does not abuse his/her power and shows respect for the citizens. if officers are truly in place to "serve and protect," they are doing a horrible job when they are slamming 14 year old kids to the ground or executing an illegal strip search on a seemingly innocent woman
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Smv3XCkBE).

and i understand that they deal with criminals every day and maybe have their life threatened on a regular basis. but that does not give them the right to treat citizens like the way these officers in the videos treat them.
and we're all shocked over videos like this, but think of the millions of cases of abuse that never get videotaped. think of the millions of cases of police abuse that go unreported because it's the cop's word versus the citizen's word, and we're supposed to take the cop's as higher and more trustworthy.

UGH I SUCK

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:57 am

Heshua wrote:blah blah blah
i call cops whatever i want. i call them "man" or "dude." i don't think i've ever referred to a cop as "officer" and definitely not "sir." but it's not a big deal, because i'm not disrespectful and, oh yeah, it's my right to do so.

a huge part of it is knowing your rights. if the kid in the video had known his rights, he wouldn't have been in the situation. but of course, the cop would've probably still fucked with him, because he's a dick.

UGH I SUCK

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:02 pm

So I blew through a yellow pretty much red light yesterday...with a cop just turning into my direction, he didn't pull me over but DID shine his spotlight on my face while driving, rolled down his window and said "you need to watch those light nah I mean? WATCH THOSE LIGHTS AAAIGGGHT?" so I said "no problem thanks broooo!" He was black and I think he did a good job of reppin his race and job.

BLACK MAN DOIN HIS THANG!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFcG2N3O_Wk

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:08 pm

ilikehorses wrote:
i call cops whatever i want. i call them "man" or "dude." i don't think i've ever referred to a cop as "officer" and definitely not "sir." but it's not a big deal, because i'm not disrespectful and, oh yeah, it's my right to do so.

a huge part of it is knowing your rights. if the kid in the video had known his rights, he wouldn't have been in the situation. but of course, the cop would've probably still fucked with him, because he's a dick.

Let me give you "the deal."

The truth, is somewhere in the between, as is with most truths.

Sometimes, cops suck. Its their job to suck. Sometimes cops are nice, but as I've seen, its more often than not the job of sucking. I say this from the perspective of someone who has dealt with police in the greater metro area for my entire life. I've never been arrested, but I've been searched and hassled for HOURS at a time.

If you go skating, invariably at every good spot a cop will drive up after a while and say, "hey, you gotta go." I have literally at this point looked at a cop straight in the eye and said, "bummer man, we just got here." I did not get thrown to the ground, or roughed up, or anything of the nature. I think its probably had something to do with the fact that I wasn't being a dick. More so than the fact that I did not call him "sir."

Conversely, a police officer jumping out of her car, pulling out her nightclub and fidgeting with her gun in a holster yelling at a bunch of kids to stop playing a game, fucking sucks. No amounts of "ma'm" and blind obedience are going to cool down that one. She was a fucking asshole on a power trip, and didn't like the fact that we were running around her city, ruining the bar scene. Simple as that.

Point is, if you think all humans are equal, you have to act like they are. You don't have to show your subservience to them by calling them "sir" and "your highness" or "your honor." But you also aren't going to get anywhere being shitty to them from the get go. If they are being halfway decent, be decent. You get nowhere by lying to the cops, going out of your way to call them names, and trying to get physical. ON THE OTHER HAND, if a cop is treating you like shit, or violating your rights in some way (it does happen, although it is not a constant behavior) YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT.

I think thats what you dudes were saying, you just got to get together on this shit.

:oops:

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Thom wrote:
ilikehorses wrote:

Let me give you "the deal."

The truth, is somewhere in the between, as is with most truths.

Sometimes, cops suck. Its their job to suck. Sometimes cops are nice, but as I've seen, its more often than not the job of sucking. I say this from the perspective of someone who has dealt with police in the greater metro area for my entire life. I've never been arrested, but I've been searched and hassled for HOURS at a time.

If you go skating, invariably at every good spot a cop will drive up after a while and say, "hey, you gotta go." I have literally at this point looked at a cop straight in the eye and said, "bummer man, we just got here." I did not get thrown to the ground, or roughed up, or anything of the nature. I think its probably had something to do with the fact that I wasn't being a dick. More so than the fact that I did not call him "sir."

Conversely, a police officer jumping out of her car, pulling out her nightclub and fidgeting with her gun in a holster yelling at a bunch of kids to stop playing a game, fucking sucks. No amounts of "ma'm" and blind obedience are going to cool down that one. She was a fucking asshole on a power trip, and didn't like the fact that we were running around her city, ruining the bar scene. Simple as that.

Point is, if you think all humans are equal, you have to act like they are. You don't have to show your subservience to them by calling them "sir" and "your highness" or "your honor." But you also aren't going to get anywhere being shitty to them from the get go. If they are being halfway decent, be decent. You get nowhere by lying to the cops, going out of your way to call them names, and trying to get physical. ON THE OTHER HAND, if a cop is treating you like shit, or violating your rights in some way (it does happen, although it is not a constant behavior) YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT.

I think thats what you dudes were saying, you just got to get together on this shit.

:oops:
exactly. i treat cops with the same amount of respect i treat everyone else, which happens to be quite a bit. but if a cop or anyone else is being a dick or violating my or someone else's rights, they don't deserve and won't get my respect anymore.

oh, and i thought of two other good cops i met. unfortunately, they were two good cops that happened to be escorting me to a holding facility back in high school. but they were really, really nice about it.

oh, and ryan, i thought of you a couple days ago, when in my nursing class, i was taking care of this really sweet, old marine. he was telling me about fighting in WW2 and it was absolutely amazing.

alright.

UGH I SUCK

slackjawedrobot

Post by slackjawedrobot » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:14 pm

something about this guy just screams:

You fight your way, and I'll fight mine.