More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Skills Bushy

don't call me "dude".

Post by Skills Bushy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Last edited by Skills Bushy on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make bears

Beaver

Re: don't call me "dude".

Post by Beaver » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:05 pm

Skills Bushy wrote:
crystal.
Raises arms in victory.

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:09 pm

cops are so cool

threatening to kill a 14 year old for calling someone dude is pretty illegal, I think.

Skills Bushy

Post by Skills Bushy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:12 pm

Beaver wrote:Raises arms in victory.
savor it.
make bears

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:54 pm

That gave me the worst feeling ever.

I hated that shit when I was young. Fuck guys like that.
Seriously

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:24 pm

hey dude don't call me dude
don't call me dude
-scatterbrain

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:49 pm

I wonder what this kid did/said in the first place?

I have to agree with this goomba though that it isn't appropriate for a 14 year old kid to go around calling adults in authority positions "dude" and the kid's parents probably do need to put a foot up his ass every now and then. But yeah, it looks excessive from what we see.

moltar

Post by moltar » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:52 pm

He's right, the friends are smart.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:42 pm

That's disgusting.

The guy must've been listening to Anthrax's "I Am the Law" on repeat while cruising in his fancy golf kart.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:35 pm

cops are good people. :shock: :D

14 year olds, like it or not, have freedom of speech just like everyone else. they can go around calling people anything they want, really. this is just another fucking example of how fucked up our "law enforcement" system is. it's not against the law to call people "dude." and yet, this kid is assaulted for it.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:15 am

Of course 14 year olds have the right to free speech, it just isn't appropriate for a 14 year old to call adults in an authority position "dude". Maybe it is ok to call the 20-something behind the counter at the record store or skate shop or the guy from Dominoes "dude", but if I had kids that were calling cops, teachers, etc "dude", I'd try to correct that real fucking quick.

I'm not saying the cop was completely in the right, but I think it's ok for the cop to verbally "set up camp" in this kid's ass for repeatedly calling him dude.

In today's "I'm going to throw a fit because of an unfair call at my child's little league game" world, I'm not suprised that this kid thinks it's ok to talk to people like that.

Like I said, I don't think it was right for the cop to grab the kid and he did take it too far, but the cop should also have the right to not take shit from a 14 year old kid. We still don't know what exactly happened before they started filming either.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:26 am

did you see what that guy was driving?
fuck that, i pay these motherfuckers' salaries, and what do they do? choke 14 year olds and harass mexican day workers. i should have the right to call them whatever i damn well please.

maxxwell
Always Touring

Post by maxxwell » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:30 am

Fuck this cop... I don't care what this kid said he had no right to handle that situation like that...

I'm sorry hes' a 14 year old smart ass kid, does that mean though that he can put the kid in a headlock steal his skateboard. THEN give him a death threat im sorry that was a death threat (you'll get yourself killed like that) then he tries to clean it up a bit by going by someone...

This cop was fired on the spot and if not shit i don't even know what to think then... if i was the kid id sue the cop, the police department and the city. :)
iON TOUR MOSSSSSST OF THE TIME - http://www.myspace.com/senderreceiver

ImageImage

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:40 am

ilikehorses wrote:cops are good people. :shock: :D

14 year olds, like it or not, have freedom of speech just like everyone else. they can go around calling people anything they want, really. this is just another fucking example of how fucked up our "law enforcement" system is. it's not against the law to call people "dude." and yet, this kid is assaulted for it.

Hmmm.... I wonder if you would have a problem with 14 year old kids calling black cops "NIGGERS".

Quite the pickle, isn't it?
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Heshua

Post by Heshua » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:22 am

inx515xhell wrote: i should have the right to call them whatever i damn well please.
Dare.

Say that verbatim to a cop's face.

P.S. You must record this
El Oh El

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:42 am

Varg wrote:

Hmmm.... I wonder if you would have a problem with 14 year old kids calling black cops "NIGGERS".

...or if someone judges a whole group by the actions of one person from a video?

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:51 am

maxxwell wrote:Fuck this cop... I don't care what this kid said he had no right to handle that situation like that...

I'm sorry hes' a 14 year old smart ass kid, does that mean though that he can put the kid in a headlock steal his skateboard. THEN give him a death threat im sorry that was a death threat (you'll get yourself killed like that) then he tries to clean it up a bit by going by someone...

This cop was fired on the spot and if not shit i don't even know what to think then... if i was the kid id sue the cop, the police department and the city. :)

I don't think any reasonable person would take when the cop said "you'll get yourself killed like that" meaning that the cop was going to kill the kid. I have a feeling he was mentioning something to do with whatever the kid was doing before the video started.

Your last comment is another example of what's wrong with America. Disrespect someone, don't comply with a reasonable order from a police officer (to sit down and shut up) then get put on the ground and your feelings hurt and somehow that really merits suing somebody. Register a complaint, sure, but suing over something like this? Come on...

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:45 am

Varg wrote:

no, not at all.

i wouldn't want kids to call people "niggers," but they have the freedom to do so.
and calling someone "dude" and calling someone "nigger" is a lot different.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:47 am

El Rhino wrote:
Varg wrote:

...or if someone judges a whole group by the actions of one person from a video?
that video is the only evidence of abuse by police i've ever seen!

UGH I SUCK

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:58 am

If these kids would have had any stones, they would have all jumped on the fag cop and beat his ass with their skateboards and then ran. That cop is nothing but a little pussy fag.
I poop on Petland!

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:47 am

Let's just face it, there's good cops, and then there's the douchebags no one liked in high school so they became a policeman to get a little power. This guy is obviously of the douchebag variety.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:59 pm

i don't think that anything the kid said was disrespectful to the cop. either way, i'm pretty sure it isn't law that you can't say something disrespectful to a cop and the cop acted like it was. the cop threatened the kid, told him shit about his parents that he had no right saying. the cop acted like he was a drill officer and deserved all the respect in the world just because he was an adult and wore a badge. i think the kid deserved the same amount of respect that the cop demanded. the cop was way out of line in every action he took. he said that the kid should have shut up when the cop was talking, but the cop interrupted the kid every chance he got, like he had no right to speak. and he demanded that the kid tell him his name and address which the kid did not have to do. and then there is the obvious physical abuse, choking the kid to get his skateboard, and then pushing him down when he tried to get up. then the cop at the end was probably about to threaten the kid with the camera, you could hear him saying something like "if i find out...." and, the cop didn't have legitimate requests, there was no point to have the kid sit down and shut up other than the fact that the cop wanted to have that extra power of standing over him, that is disrespectful to the kid. he could have had that conversation with that kid with him standing. and, the kid wasn't really being a smart ass at all, he said he didn't do anything and called the cop dude...nothing smart ass about that.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:09 pm

lol
Last edited by TooManyHumyns on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:09 pm

if you read further down in that thread, the 'officer' was a traffic cop or parking enforcement cop or something...he got suspended from his job and was featured on the today show, i think its safe to say his actions lost him all hope for the respect he demands...

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:18 pm

So Bill Richarson is a traffic cop now eh?

Skills Bushy

Post by Skills Bushy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:52 pm

make bears

Thom

Post by Thom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:57 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:if you read further down in that thread, the 'officer' was a traffic cop or parking enforcement cop or something...he got suspended from his job and was featured on the today show, i think its safe to say his actions lost him all hope for the respect he demands...

Fuck this. This cop had all the right of way in this situation, and you know it. This kid was out there riding some stupid piece of wood around while hard working red blooded Americans went to work. This kid deserved to get slapped around by the cop a little more, and probably should have been arrested for his actions. That badge means when you see them coming, you shut the fuck up because they are better trained than you are, and are only there to protect you.

But I wouldn't imagine some tofu eating pansies like this board would get it.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:31 pm

this is why it is important for everyone to know their rights and know what to do if stopped by police. a cop cannot make you sit or do anything just because he wants you to.
if this kid had been informed, he may have still lost his skateboard (obviously, that's a violation of the constitution as well), but this would've been a better situation.
it's easy for people in power, like the police, to abuse their power and pick on people when people don't know how to handle the situation or their rights.
the aclu and other organizations have great information on your rights when stopped by police. i suggest everyone read up on it. it might come in handy.

UGH I SUCK

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:09 pm

ilikehorses wrote:[

that video is the only evidence of abuse by police i've ever seen![/quote]

Ok. Here's a video of a black guy beating up a much smaller girl:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wUlu2LzfR_8

This isn't the only evidence of a black guy beating up a white woman I've seen! As if the first video wasn't disturbing, here's one of a black guy beating up an elderly white woman over her purse.. kicking her on the ground, even.

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/thug-b ... -old-lady/

By your reasoning, it's now ok for me to make broad statements about black people. The funny thing is, if I were to make those statements you would try to bend over backwards and get red in the face saying things like "that doesn't represent the whole race!" and "Those are individual incidents" or "it's because of poverty". Then your friends would say "Man, this guy really looks like an idiot for stereotyping people!".

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:15 pm

very true point...though..
this video...

"This isn't the only evidence of a black guy beating up a white woman I've seen! As if the first video wasn't disturbing, here's one of a black guy beating up an elderly white woman over her purse.. kicking her on the ground, even.

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/thug-b ... -old-lady/"

looks totally fake