More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

robdigi

Ron Paul calls it quits

Post by robdigi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:02 am

more or less.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign- ... nd-beyond/

we can now surf the internets in peace.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Re: Ron Paul calls it quits

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:39 am

I'm still going to write him in.
I poop on Petland!

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:09 pm

i hope tom green makes a huge comeback.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:49 pm

supposedly ron paul is going to run as a legitimate 3rd party candidate with the libertarian party...he apparently didn't really use any of his campaign funds that he made during the the first few exciting months of the election process....yep...they say he may be the first real legitimate 3 party candidate to have any sort of chance at winning the presidential election...and supposedly dennis kucinich would be his running mate...

word

this statement was not in anyway supposed to declare any support for mr.paul and his campaign..just stating something i heard the other day on the radio...its all rumors

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:54 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:...they say he may be the first real legitimate 3 party candidate to have any sort of chance at winning the presidential election...
lawl

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:22 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:supposedly ron paul is going to run as a legitimate 3rd party candidate with the libertarian party...he apparently didn't really use any of his campaign funds that he made during the the first few exciting months of the election process....yep...they say he may be the first real legitimate 3 party candidate to have any sort of chance at winning the presidential election...and supposedly dennis kucinich would be his running mate...

word

this statement was not in anyway supposed to declare any support for mr.paul and his campaign..just stating something i heard the other day on the radio...its all rumors
i guess he did raise millions...and all he had to show for it was some pamphlets?
He was on Charlie Rose or something a while back, when asked if he would go to a third party, he stuttered and didn't really answer.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Uh, he has stated specifically that he will not run as a 3rd party candidate and that he will remain loyal to the Republican party.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:05 pm

robdigi wrote:Uh, he has stated specifically that he will not run as a 3rd party candidate and that he will remain loyal to the Republican party.
yeah, and no politician has ever lied, flip/flopped or changed their stance on anything ever before...

and they say he would be a semi-legitimate 3rd party candidate because the democratic party is so fucking divided and too busy playing the gender/race card to stand a chance, and that many people in this country are not ready to elect another republican into office after gw bush's 2 terms...in my opinion the democratic party is totally fucking themselves in the foot and getting nowhere...obama and hillary are going to blow it for their party...as i said earlier im not saying i support ron paul, im just reporting what was stated on a news program a couple of days ago...it was on NPR i forget what program it was specifically though

yup

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:58 pm

i fucking like ron paul.
that's all.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:59 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote: because the democratic party is so fucking divided and too busy playing the gender/race card to stand a chance

Why do you say they are playing this card? Sure, the media has been playing this card, to the candidates' chagrin... but if you listen to the candidates, they don't bring the subject up with anything more than a passing comment. If you are talking about gender and race you clearly aren't paying much attention to the campaigns. I guess that's already evident if you really think that Paul would run under a different ticket or that he has even the tiniest chance at this point. The only thing he has proven in this election so far is that he may be a viable candidate in the future.

Anyway, Ron Paul has more important things to worry about than his astronomically long shot at the presidency. He is still a congressman and still has to defend his seat. If he were to lose his seat in congress after dropping out of the election it would be a humiliation and quash his chances at becoming a viable candidate during the next election cycle.

Ron Paul has some nice principles, but that's as far as it goes. He doesn't work well with others, and lacks a realistic perspective on government. He's the kind of person who makes a great activist congressman, but would make an awful president.

WebSkunk

Post by WebSkunk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:44 am

robdigi wrote:
TooManyHumyns wrote: because the democratic party is so fucking divided and too busy playing the gender/race card to stand a chance

Why do you say they are playing this card? Sure, the media has been playing this card, to the candidates' chagrin... but if you listen to the candidates, they don't bring the subject up with anything more than a passing comment. If you are talking about gender and race you clearly aren't paying much attention to the campaigns. I guess that's already evident if you really think that Paul would run under a different ticket or that he has even the tiniest chance at this point. The only thing he has proven in this election so far is that he may be a viable candidate in the future.

Anyway, Ron Paul has more important things to worry about than his astronomically long shot at the presidency. He is still a congressman and still has to defend his seat. If he were to lose his seat in congress after dropping out of the election it would be a humiliation and quash his chances at becoming a viable candidate during the next election cycle.

Ron Paul has some nice principles, but that's as far as it goes. He doesn't work well with others, and lacks a realistic perspective on government. He's the kind of person who makes a great activist congressman, but would make an awful president.
Excellent reply - although it's wasted based on his previous posts.
huh?

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:13 am

WebSkunk wrote:
robdigi wrote:

Excellent reply - although it's wasted based on his previous posts.
like i said, i heard that rumor on the radio...and was just posting a rumor that i heard...fucking duh

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:08 am

Hank Fist wrote:
TooManyHumyns wrote:supposedly ron paul is going to run as a legitimate 3rd party candidate with the libertarian party...he apparently didn't really use any of his campaign funds that he made during the the first few exciting months of the election process....yep...they say he may be the first real legitimate 3 party candidate to have any sort of chance at winning the presidential election...and supposedly dennis kucinich would be his running mate...

word

i guess he did raise millions...and all he had to show for it was some pamphlets?
He was on Charlie Rose or something a while back, when asked if he would go to a third party, he stuttered and didn't really answer.
actually, it was Tim Russert. Tim pressed him to state that he would never go to a third party, and he wouldn't do it.

crow

Post by crow » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:38 am

Hank Fist wrote:
Hank Fist wrote:

word

actually, it was Tim Russert. Tim pressed him to state that he would never go to a third party, and he wouldn't do it.

from ronpaul2008.com on 2/8/08

"Of course, I am committed to fighting for our ideas within the Republican party, so there will be no third party run. I do not denigrate third parties -- just the opposite, and I have long worked to remove the ballot-access restrictions on them. But I am a Republican, and I will remain a Republican."
"boobiez and buttz"
- u-god of the wu tang clan

Clint

Post by Clint » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:54 am

TooManyHumyns wrote:
robdigi wrote:Uh, he has stated specifically that he will not run as a 3rd party candidate and that he will remain loyal to the Republican party.
yeah, and no politician has ever lied, flip/flopped or changed their stance on anything ever before...

and they say he would be a semi-legitimate 3rd party candidate because the democratic party is so fucking divided and too busy playing the gender/race card to stand a chance, and that many people in this country are not ready to elect another republican into office after gw bush's 2 terms...in my opinion the democratic party is totally fucking themselves in the foot and getting nowhere...obama and hillary are going to blow it for their party...as i said earlier im not saying i support ron paul, im just reporting what was stated on a news program a couple of days ago...it was on NPR i forget what program it was specifically though

yup

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:15 pm

what politics have i tried to discuss...i simply posted something that i heard on the radio...you guys are getting a bit to defensive for me...get over it...if its far from truth, then its far from truth...shit i never said it was going to happen..

the other statement was a matter of opinion based off of observation...they havent been playing the race or gender card that much, but has been played in the media all over the place, then it gets brought up in debates...and being neither a woman or a man with a skin tone other than white has never been elected, that they should be working to show what they are all about and not bash the other on whatever principles it may be...there are many 50+ year old democrats who would vote republican over voting for a woman or black man...as fucked as that is...like i said, i havent paid much attention lately but thats what i was gathering for myself several weeks ago...sooo....there you go
Last edited by TooManyHumyns on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:18 pm

i fucking hate politics by the way...fuck um

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:40 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:...there are a lot of 50+ year old democrats who would vote republican over voting for a woman or black man...

Where's your data?

Your racist grandpa's opinion does not equal "a lot of 50+ year old democrats".

You know who had the greatest presence at the last Obama speech I attended (which overflowed into two additional auditoriums and a lacrosse field)? 50+ year old democrats. White ones, even! Sure, that's just anecdotal evidence. My point is that this whole "people won't vote for a black guy or a woman" argument is just a projection of your own paranoia about racism and sexism. The votes and general turnout so far have proven otherwise.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:42 pm

several racist grandparents actually...

and you calling me racist/sexist is fuckt

i stand corrected...

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:43 pm

i fucking hate that bitch hillary...

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:43 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote: and you calling me racist/sexist is fuckt

I didn't. I said you are paranoid about others being racist or sexist.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:49 pm

my bad...i misread that....
i still believe you have no basis for that statement though...
although my earlier statement about 50 year olds or whatever is highly generalized its intent was supposed to suggest and point out has a valid and reasonable point...you cant fucking tell me that the generations above us had the same way of thinking as we do today...the world has come along ways the past 75 years is all im saying, and some people are going to remain stuck on their views forever...though i shouldnt have made that a general statement, i think many people could relate to it

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:49 pm

my bad...i misread that....
i still believe you have no basis for that statement though...
although my earlier statement about 50 year olds or whatever is highly generalized its intent was supposed to suggest and point out has a valid and reasonable point...you cant fucking tell me that the generations above us had the same way of thinking as we do today...the world has come along ways the past 75 years is all im saying, and some people are going to remain stuck on their views forever...though i shouldnt have made that a general statement, i think many people could relate to it

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:11 pm

robdigi wrote:I didn't. I said you are paranoid about others being racist or sexist.
wheres joey?

WebSkunk

Post by WebSkunk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:00 pm

If you'd pay attention to the actual subject you're spouting your opinions on, you'd know that both Clinton and Obama have been bringing out a huge voter turn-out. Even when there were white males as what appeared to be viable democratic candidates, Clinton was still miles ahead in the 60+ age group, both male and female.

The democratic primaries have been outnumbering the republican primaries in turn-out so claiming that people will vote for a republican to avoid voting for a woman/minority is just not true.

Plus - there will be no third party - especially if Obama gets the nomination for the dems. McCain has a pretty strong support from Independents and so does Obama so there really just isn't room for a third party. If it were Clinton and a more polarizing republican like Huckabee/Romney/Giuliani, then you might see a 3rd party - but it'd be more likely to be Bloomberg than Paul.
huh?

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Not to mention that this race is moving at such a ridiculous pace that if you haven't joined the race yet you have zero chance of catching up, no matter the party.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:06 pm

ty pennington for president!
Attachments
tyisgod.png
tyisgod.png (229.16 KiB) Viewed 2329 times
Last edited by TooManyHumyns on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.