More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Varg
Failed DMACC

Goodbye "mom and dad"

Post by Varg » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:03 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1790

Schools are being ordered to drop the term "mum and dad" in case it offends pupils from a single-parent, homosexual or turkey-baster "family."

Warning: Don't read, if you don't like to read.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Re: Goodbye "mom and dad"

Post by El Rhino » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:13 pm

"Ed Balls" - Hahahahahahahahahaha

I had to take a friend of mine to the hospital a few weeks ago and the doctor there suggested that he go to see this doctor, Dr. Balls. We laughed hysterically.

Anyway, yeah, this is pretty gay. I'm for being tolerant of gayzzz, but this seems to push it a little too far. Political correctness will be Europe's downfall.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:05 pm

who fucking cares.

it's a fucking non-issue.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:55 pm

Varg wrote:Warning: Don't read, if you don't like to read.

HOLY SHIT. YOU ARE SO CLEVER.

This was a stupid article. You are making mountains out of molehills.

you seriously take a non event, and then start imagining all the things that could happen, and the next thing you know, gay people are taking over the world.

My favorite part is: (paraphrased) kids who call each other gay on the playground will be considered racist.

I see nothing wrong with that. If anyone calls anyone a n______, thats racism, there is no difference.

I don't see why you want to systematically deprive people of their rights mr. willie. it seems that you can no longer oppress women and black people, so now you want to deprive homosexuals of their rights by calling them names, and by every time an issue comes up involving gay people saying they are trying to force everyone else to be gay.

Get real.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:24 pm

"Children who use the playground taunt "gay" - as in "those trainers are so gay" - will be treated the same as racists. "

This bothers me. If a kid in the UK calls someone a "coolie" or a "poof", it's so much worse than making fun of a kid for being fat, poor, stupid, wearing glasses, smelling bad, having freckles, etc, etc. Name calling is name calling, that's it. I don't think kids going around calling each other niggers or faggots should be tolerated by any means, but there shouldn't be such a knee-jerk reaction to saying "those trainers are so gay". They probably are.

This reminds me of hate crime laws. Go attack someone for the hell of it, that's simple assault. Go attack someone because you don't like the color of their skin (if you're white), may God have mercy on your soul because no one else will. What's the difference, really? Nothing. A crime is a crime. Neither one is more acceptable than the other.

Europe is going to do itself in with this political correctness. Think you "left wings" here have it bad here because of your beliefs? You can go to jail in most Western European countries for denying the holocaust, drawing a swastika on your desk at school, "inciting racial hatred" and other things. If you've heard of the band Landser, they're probably just getting out of prison right now after doing 3-5 for putting out racist music. From purely a personal freedom perspective, it's a scary thought that you can go to jail for speaking your mind.

If they do go through with this, I hope the gay kids get punished for using terms like "breeder" and "fish" and I hope the non-whites get the real deal when they call someone "white boy", "cracker" or whatever there.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:45 pm

El Rhino wrote:Europe is going to do itself in with this political correctness. Think you "left wings" here have it bad here because of your beliefs? You can go to jail in most Western European countries for denying the holocaust, drawing a swastika on your desk at school, "inciting racial hatred" and other things. If you've heard of the band Landser, they're probably just getting out of prison right now after doing 3-5 for putting out racist music. From purely a personal freedom perspective, it's a scary thought that you can go to jail for speaking your mind.

If they do go through with this, I hope the gay kids get punished for using terms like "breeder" and "fish" and I hope the non-whites get the real deal when they call someone "white boy", "cracker" or whatever there.
freedom is freedom indeed. i don't like people using racist or homophobic terms, but it is their freedom as much it is their freedom to say anything.

but i'm not going to cry for those poor racists and oppressed nazis.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Tampa Josh
Keepin it Real, Hatin Herb

Post by Tampa Josh » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:41 am

El Rhino wrote: If you've heard of the band Landser, they're probably just getting out of prison right now after doing 3-5 for putting out racist music.
Good band, backed hard

Sturmführer is such a bad ass song.
Thom wrote: At least assholes like tampa josh know they hate people.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:53 am

Tampa Josh wrote:
El Rhino wrote: If you've heard of the band Landser, they're probably just getting out of prison right now after doing 3-5 for putting out racist music.
Good band, backed hard

Sturmführer is such a bad ass song.

Yeah, that song is fuckin' sweet.

I took a class at the local community college on terrorism and I had to do a project where I had to bring in an example of terrorism in a form of media and talk about it. I brought in Landser "Das Reicht Kommt Weider" album, translated the title track (my German is pretty good) and played it for the class. At the end of the presentation some girl raises her hand and was like "Where did you get this?" "Uhhhh.... personal collection" the look on the professor's face was kind of funny.

Tampa Josh
Keepin it Real, Hatin Herb

Post by Tampa Josh » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:09 am

:mrgreen: That record has "Lollipop" on it

I hope i never get arrested for assaulting a dude that happens to be a minority, or gay or something, if the DA checks out my record/mp3 collection i'm going down for a hate crime for sure.
Thom wrote: At least assholes like tampa josh know they hate people.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:15 am

Tampa Josh wrote::mrgreen: That record has "Lollipop" on it

I hope i never get arrested for assaulting a dude that happens to be a minority, or gay or something, if the DA checks out my record/mp3 collection i'm going down for a hate crime for sure.
Lollipop = best cover ever. Landser's backing vocals sound like a bunch of drunk dudes in the backseat singing along with the radio.

I kind of worry about that too. The man just doesn't get "the sketch"

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:54 pm

El Rhino wrote: This reminds me of hate crime laws. Go attack someone for the hell of it, that's simple assault. Go attack someone because you don't like the color of their skin (if you're white), may God have mercy on your soul because no one else will. What's the difference, really? Nothing. A crime is a crime. Neither one is more acceptable than the other.

Look at it this way: a hate crime is meant not only to affect the victim themselves, but to terrorize the race/gender/whatever of the victim as well.

To get all hyperbolic up in here, this is like comparing a legitimate, tactical act of war to an act of terrorism upon civilians. It -is- a more serious offense because there is greater harm caused. Not only does a single victim or target have to deal with it, now an entire social group has to deal with the paranoia and fear of attack.

Now, I can see one taking issue with the way a hate crime is determined, but it's pretty short-sighted to think that there isn't more suffering linked to a bona-fide hate crime than there is to a simple assault.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:41 pm

Nanny state.