More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Varg
Failed DMACC

Where did global warming go?

Post by Varg » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:52 pm

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/edito ... arming_go/

THE STARK headline appeared just over a year ago. "2007 to be 'warmest on record,' " BBC News reported on Jan. 4, 2007. Citing experts in the British government's Meteorological Office, the story announced that "the world is likely to experience the warmest year on record in 2007," surpassing the all-time high reached in 1998.

In South America, for example, the start of winter last year was one of the coldest ever observed. According to Eugenio Hackbart, chief meteorologist of the MetSul Weather Center in Brazil, "a brutal cold wave brought record low temperatures, widespread frost, snow, and major energy disruption." In Buenos Aires, it snowed for the first time in 89 years, while in Peru the cold was so intense that hundreds of people died and the government declared a state of emergency in 14 of the country's 24 provinces. In August, Chile's agriculture minister lamented "the toughest winter we have seen in the past 50 years," which caused losses of at least $200 million in destroyed crops and livestock.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Re: Where did global warming go?

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:10 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:10 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:11 pm

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:12 pm

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:14 pm

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:16 pm

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:19 pm

ImageImageImageImage

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:21 pm

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

-Joe.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:02 pm

Varg wrote:

a bunch of incidental evidence that actually supports climate change rather than contradicting it

All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:16 pm

-Joe.

BellowingBeast

Post by BellowingBeast » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:41 pm

i love how joes comments make this one page last fucking forever.
Ego Specto Nex.

I await death

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:43 pm

are you a daddy?

BellowingBeast

Post by BellowingBeast » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:46 pm

not yet, but i cant wait.
Ego Specto Nex.

I await death

His Manjesty

Post by His Manjesty » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:47 am

god damn it looks like 10-18-2001 was a great day in history.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:52 am

another fucking thread about global warming?!
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:18 am

robdigi wrote:
Varg wrote:

a bunch of incidental evidence that actually supports climate change rather than contradicting it

GLOBAL WARMING IS A LIBERAL LIE. IT IS COLD AS SHIT OUT, CAN'T BE TRUE.

IF YOU DROP TWO ROCKS, THE HEAVIER ONE WILL HIT THE GROUND FIRST.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:27 am

Actually, it's a global cooling thread.

http://livinginthepast.us/images/newswe ... rld_01.pdf
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:29 am

I'm slapping my forehead right now.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:35 am

Ha ha, there's someone out there with the name "Eugenio". Ha ha!

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:26 pm

varg, you are the best Christian i know.

stupid fucking article wrote:Stock up on fur coats
I stopped reading after I realized I was reading something that was written by someone who supports murder.

Global warming, shouldn't even really be an issue. The burning of fossil fuels is bad for the earth. This is an irrefutable fact. During the 1950's coal was seen as an efficient, clean, energy source. This was all fine and dandy until clouds of smog started settling on London and such cities, suffocating large portions of the population. But who cares really, they were mostly poor people.

source: http://www.portfolio.mvm.ed.ac.uk/stude ... smog52.htm

While smog incidents like this do not occur with such intensity, heavily populated areas still have issues with smog. There are reports of areas in Brazil where they have yellow clouds, not rain clouds, smog clouds. These aren't caused by sunspots you fucking moron.

To say that we are not polluting, or having effects on the environment is moronic. The only reason I can see saying that there are not negative effects to burning fossil fuels is that there is money in it. Here's the kicker, either someone is lining your pocket Mr willie, or you have actually bought all of this bullshit about gasoline being the American way, and that evil left wingers want to take away your freedom to drive a car.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:23 am

Thom wrote:evil left wingers want to take away your freedom to drive a car.
I FUCKING KNEW IT!!!!

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:02 pm

Whats that?

is it the sound of varg being silently defeated?

me=1
varg=none.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:00 pm

Thom wrote:varg, you are the best Christian i know.

I stopped reading after I realized I was reading something that was written by someone who supports murder.
Murder is the unlawful killing of a human person with malice aforethought. Murder is generally distinguished from other forms of homicide by the elements of malice aforethought and the lack of lawful justification. All jurisdictions, ancient and modern, consider it a most serious crime. Most jurisdictions impose a severe penalty for its commission.
Source: Wikipedia
Global warming, shouldn't even really be an issue.

Really? So you think Global warming shouldn't even really be an issue when we're talking about global warming? I totally agree. That makes no sense what-so-ever....unlike "global cooling is BECAUSE of global warming". Now that is straight-forward, no non-sense discussion material.

Yeah bro, you win. I talk about global warming...you say it's irrelevant...obviously you win. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen such a blow-out in an argument. You didn't even have to read the article for christ's sake! You just said "no, fuck that, it's stupid and I don't like to read anyway", dismissed all the information within (without having even read it-miraculous!) and handed me my ass by talking about pollution. I didn't even know what caused pollution until you broke that story! My Christian ethics don't allow me to read anything but the bible, so it's really hard to come across any proof of global warmi....I mean pollution, sry.

Well I g2g and get back to my bible now. Then I have to get ready for Tuesday mass tonight. Prolly wont be on again until tomorrow because the rest of my night will be spent praying and fasting. I'm not the best Christian you know, for nothing!

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:04 pm

god. shut up. we get it. you don't believe in global warming.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:38 pm

Varg wrote:
Thom wrote:varg, you are the best Christian i know.

Murder is the unlawful killing of a human person with malice aforethought. Murder is generally distinguished from other forms of homicide by the elements of malice aforethought and the lack of lawful justification. All jurisdictions, ancient and modern, consider it a most serious crime. Most jurisdictions impose a severe penalty for its commission.
Source: Wikipedia
Global warming, shouldn't even really be an issue.

Really? So you think Global warming shouldn't even really be an issue when we're talking about global warming? I totally agree. That makes no sense what-so-ever....unlike "global cooling is BECAUSE of global warming". Now that is straight-forward, no non-sense discussion material.

Yeah bro, you win. I talk about global warming...you say it's irrelevant...obviously you win. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen such a blow-out in an argument. You didn't even have to read the article for christ's sake! You just said "no, fuck that, it's stupid and I don't like to read anyway", dismissed all the information within (without having even read it-miraculous!) and handed me my ass by talking about pollution. I didn't even know what caused pollution until you broke that story! My Christian ethics don't allow me to read anything but the bible, so it's really hard to come across any proof of global warmi....I mean pollution, sry.

Well I g2g and get back to my bible now. Then I have to get ready for Tuesday mass tonight. Prolly wont be on again until tomorrow because the rest of my night will be spent praying and fasting. I'm not the best Christian you know, for nothing!

That is fucking amazing. You are the biggest fucking turd I have ever heard of.

My point was this, we are destroying this planet. it should not take an argument about global climate change to make us realize that. we should recognize the symptoms, and act accordingly, regardless of whether or not global climate change is occurring.

Actually, I read the entire article, but I thought, hey maybe I'll add a little humor, just because that might be nice. NOPE SORRY. FUN POLICE WON'T ALLOW IT.

remember when you posted that thread that was all like "hey, I thought there was global warming but look at all this snow!"

you are a fucking moron, end of story. I do not know one person in this whole world who disagrees with me.

please, tell me how any of the points I made are wrong. Go ahead you long haired fucker.

Seriously, people like you make ALL christians look bad.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Thom wrote:Go ahead you long haired fucker.
Hey now...

-Joe.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Thom wrote:
My point was this, we are destroying this planet. it should not take an argument about global climate change to make us realize that. we should recognize the symptoms, and act accordingly, regardless of whether or not global climate change is occurring.
To say that humans will and are capable of fully destroying the planet is in my mind at least not true and irrelevant. A statement of that nature needs to be examined. It is an almost egotistic remark. The Earth will always continue to exist. Regardless of how many bombs we drop, toxins we leach into the soil, water, and atmosphere, no matter if we have contaminated every last 'resource' on earth, the planet will exist until its natural cycle is done, and only time will bring that. Humans are on the verge of wiping themselves out and will do so at the rate we are going. It should be noted though that just because we will most likely inevitably wipe ourselves out doesn't mean the planet will not exist and bring new species to life. The earth thrives off of death and decomposing matter. There are so many processes that happen in the natural world that provide for the earth to exist. The earth will thrive more healthily and toxin free when we do kill ourselves off....the earth has its shit down and figured out...natural water filtering systems overtime will cleanse and detoxify the water which will eventually spread throughout the world and detoxify plant life and so on...it will just take time...anyways, regardless if global CLIMATE CHANGE does exist or not, it really doesn't matter, because there are plenty of other matters going on that will kill us off if its not that...we are merely damaging the planet and destroying ourselves...keep up the good work men and women.........

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:26 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote: To say that humans will and are capable of fully destroying the planet is in my mind at least not true and irrelevant. A statement of that nature needs to be examined. It is an almost egotistic remark. The Earth will always continue to exist. Regardless of how many bombs we drop, toxins we leach into the soil, water, and atmosphere, no matter if we have contaminated every last 'resource' on earth, the planet will exist until its natural cycle is done, and only time will bring that.
You're right, human beings are not capable of smashing the planet Earth into a million little pieces, possibly creating another asteroid belt or another hundred moons for Jupiter to suck into its gravitational pull... but, do you really want our legacy to be a dry, barren rock floating in space for a few billion years until life starts anew again? I sure don't.

Humans are on the verge of wiping themselves out and will do so at the rate we are going. It should be noted though that just because we will most likely inevitably wipe ourselves out doesn't mean the planet will not exist and bring new species to life. The earth thrives off of death and decomposing matter. There are so many processes that happen in the natural world that provide for the earth to exist. The earth will thrive more healthily and toxin free when we do kill ourselves off....the earth has its shit down and figured out...natural water filtering systems overtime will cleanse and detoxify the water which will eventually spread throughout the world and detoxify plant life and so on...it will just take time...anyways, regardless if global CLIMATE CHANGE does exist or not, it really doesn't matter, because there are plenty of other matters going on that will kill us off if its not that...we are merely damaging the planet and destroying ourselves...keep up the good work men and women.........
We are here, this is now. I don't feel that every other animal on this planet deserves to be (mis)treated like an object simply because "we" believe we are the apex of life in this planet and life will start anew... in a few billion years. No thanks. I just don't think it's cool to sit back and fuck shit up just because life always finds away.

-Joe.