More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

TooManyHumyns

digital download question...

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 am

so, im putting out a couple tapes in the next month or so...how do i include a digital download? even like putting the recordings online on a download site then having a link would work...fill me in.

Nick

Re: digital download question...

Post by Nick » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:12 am

http://www.bandcamp.com

Bandcamp rules. Bands can create their own page for their band and upload any songs they want. They set the price and the quality of the MP3s...anywhere from free downloads to a set price for the album or a certain price for single songs. It's completely free for bands to use.

It's pretty much the perfect alternative to MySpace, in that it lets people preview (stream) the songs, but also lets them buy the songs or download them for free. Another cool thing is that the band sets what quality for MP3 they want available (192, 256, 320Kbps or Lossless FLAC).

It also tracks all the stats for the band to. Like number of plays, number of partial plays, number of complete plays, if a song was skipped and a bunch of other stuff as well.

It's really a sweet site for bands and people looking to find new bands.

kurtis
Represent!

Post by kurtis » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:23 am

if you want to do a digital download there are places to buy them from. Haven't looked at websites to see what they charge but I have seen like labels that offer this to people and its super cheap. $.02 per code cheap.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Bandcamp offers a download code service as well, if you wanna go that route? Pretty sure they range from $0.01 to $0.03 a piece, depending on quantity ordered. I think they offer the codes to be distributed by e-mail or you can print them and include them with physical merch or whatever.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:14 am

sweet! thanks.

kurtis
Represent!

Post by kurtis » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:50 pm

still need this???

if so there is a dude on another board that does these

copy and past from other board

Here is a short description how the site works. Each label/customer/etc. gets their own "code entry" page created.
You have two choices:
1) You can give a link directly to your customers/etc. which will be something like http://www.wackykastle.com/<your_chosen_name_here>/ [www.wackykastle.com] »
2) If you have your own website/webspace and can upload files or insert html code we can create code for you so you can actually embed the form on your site so it looks like it is coming from your page.

PM for examples of above. I don't want to give out other people's links in public without their permission and i didn't ask them.

I can design for you a code entry screen with the colors/image you want, or match the theme of your existing website.
You must decide which you want and provide the needed information. There is no extra charge for any of that.

You must also send the following:
- (optional but recommended) Label logo for code entry screen
- (optional but recommended) Cover art for the download
- (required) Archive file (zip, rar, etc) containing the files for the download [ Send either email or a site like yousendit.com , Or another way you know, Doesn't matter as long as I can get it.]
- (required) Number of codes
- (required) Your preferred e-mail address for us to contact you and send admin section invite

Required if you want a PDF of download cards - there is no extra fee (you will get one pdf for each 500 cards, I can not create a PDF with more than 500 cards due to size)
- Template in BMP or JPG format with resolution 636x330 with a spot for the code. The url you should include on the card depends on the first part and what you decided.

After I have that you will get an invite via e-mail from digital@wackykastle.com with a link to sign up for admin screen where you can do various things like see how many downloads you have, etc. A lot more features are slowly being created and added. Also if you have any comments/requests they will be taken into serious consideration. I am very open to new ideas I didn't think of for that.

The prices are this:
Each of the following includes one 'release'.
Additional Release: $1 (includes 20 bonus codes)
20 codes - $1 (equals 5 cents per code)
50 codes - $2 (equals 4 cents per code)
100 codes - $3 (equals 3 cents per code)
200 codes - $5 (equals 2.5 cents per code)
500 codes - $10 (equals 2 cents per code)
1000 codes - $15 (equals 1.5 cents per code)

EXAMPLE: You can save with multiple releases:
- Lets say you release TWO records which are 500 copies each. You can buy the 1000 code pack which includes 1 release for $15. Then you pay $1 more for the 2nd release. So you get to host 2 releases of 500 copies for $16.
- Lets say you release 4 tapes with 50 copies each. You can buy 200 codes for $5, and 3 extra releases for $3. So you host the 4 tapes for $8.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:31 pm

All the records I've been getting lately have used this service,
http://www.dropcards.com/home/
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now