More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

tylerjames515

Re: Someone upload the Stand United album

Post by tylerjames515 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:48 am

What more have I said cause I'm having a hard time remembering. I said selling tickets was lame and I don't think local bands should have to pay to play.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Shane

Post by Shane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:49 am

lol
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 am

tylerjames515 wrote:What more have I said cause I'm having a hard time remembering. I said selling tickets was lame and I don't think local bands should have to pay to play.
isnt that enough? lets be clear here, you are supporting your friends by going to this show, not the scene. im tired of double talk. theres many issues here, lets list them:

1) most of the bands are bands that have nothing to do with the scene and dont support it.
2) ticket price of $10 for all local show that means at least half of the money will be pocketed. thats profiting off of bands and the show-goers at the expense of both.
3) a promoter that is willing to threaten bands that he feels he can intimidate when any dissenting opinion is held
4) bands are made to sell tickets to be able to play. if you arent willing to sell tickets, you arent allowed to play. lets be clear on this one, we were asked to sell tickets for AF. the difference is that we didnt have to make up the difference on what we didnt sell.
5) like this even needs to be said but the whole scene YOU are involved in is a popularity contest so lets not get all high and mighty. im glad to be able to report i refuse to be drawn into that contest.

on a side note, i really enjoy Motivated and i hope they go places. id like it if they wouldnt sell themselves short just to get on bigger shows but its not my band. im not coming to this show and i doubt i'll be going to many future shows put on by this person.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:51 am

oh yeah ps why the fuck are you and aaron defending any of this? this same promoter fucked over Motivated for the AF show so they couldnt play or dont you remember?

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:58 am

joseph wrote:what show?

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:11 pm

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/06/02/st ... y-records/

yous made me google it. after reading this. no care ever. metal hardcore? is this band metalcore then?

ick.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:21 pm

joseph wrote:http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/06/02/st ... y-records/

yous made me google it. after reading this. no care ever. metal hardcore? is this band metalcore then?

ick.
its like a moshcore band, basically a too pure to die mimic. it was a joke band and then some friends of tyler joined it. still a joke band, just with friends.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:

ick.
its like a moshcore band, basically a too pure to die mimic. it was a joke band and then some friends of tyler joined it. still a joke band, just with friends.
too pure to die wasnt a joke band?

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:23 pm

can one of these threads with all this back and forth bitching finally turn into some entertaining real world violence or is that too much to ask?
Tu vir nunc es, canis

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:24 pm

servo wrote:can one of these threads with all this back and forth bitching finally turn into some entertaining real world violence or is that too much to ask?
show up, bitch.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:26 pm

joseph wrote:
Bullet Tooth wrote:

ick.
too pure to die wasnt a joke band?
touche. not initially.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:27 pm

joseph wrote:
servo wrote:can one of these threads with all this back and forth bitching finally turn into some entertaining real world violence or is that too much to ask?
show up, bitch.
well if they tell me "fuck you, fight me", i guess i'll have to.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:
its like a moshcore band, .
please give me some examples of moshcore... cause i think of chours of disapproval and anthrax.... think i need help in the genre dept

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 pm

joseph wrote:
Bullet Tooth wrote:
its like a moshcore band, .
please give me some examples of moshcore... cause i think of chours of disapproval and anthrax.... think i need help in the genre dept
nothing like those. its not even worth it. trust me.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:51 pm

ok. i hear MOSH and think of bands i WOULD mosh to

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 pm

i do love straight edge music. the genericer ther betterer. more jigs less jigga jigga tho. i dont like the windmill influence krap. i like the peace and love not the NYC style

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:What more have I said cause I'm having a hard time remembering. I said selling tickets was lame and I don't think local bands should have to pay to play.
isnt that enough? lets be clear here, you are supporting your friends by going to this show, not the scene. im tired of double talk. theres many issues here, lets list them:

1) most of the bands are bands that have nothing to do with the scene and dont support it.
2) ticket price of $10 for all local show that means at least half of the money will be pocketed. thats profiting off of bands and the show-goers at the expense of both.
3) a promoter that is willing to threaten bands that he feels he can intimidate when any dissenting opinion is held
4) bands are made to sell tickets to be able to play. if you arent willing to sell tickets, you arent allowed to play. lets be clear on this one, we were asked to sell tickets for AF. the difference is that we didnt have to make up the difference on what we didnt sell.
5) like this even needs to be said but the whole scene YOU are involved in is a popularity contest so lets not get all high and mighty. im glad to be able to report i refuse to be drawn into that contest.

on a side note, i really enjoy Motivated and i hope they go places. id like it if they wouldnt sell themselves short just to get on bigger shows but its not my band. im not coming to this show and i doubt i'll be going to many future shows put on by this person.
Clinton & Cody will forever have my support in anything no matter what they do. Dave & Allen (in Crusader) also. Everyone agrees the ticket thing is lame. I was under the impression that bands had to pay to play, which wasn't the case. Also I'm done with this thread. You dudes will always talk your shit and have something to say when those dudes have gone to your shows and supported you before.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:46 pm

tylerjames515 wrote: Clinton & Cody will forever have my support in anything no matter what they do. Dave & Allen (in Crusader) also. Everyone agrees the ticket thing is lame. I was under the impression that bands had to pay to play, which wasn't the case. Also I'm done with this thread. You dudes will always talk your shit and have something to say when those dudes have gone to your shows and supported you before.
well they havent but lets not let facts get in the way. i have nothing against those people, i just cant support it for the reasons stated above. they are your friends so of course you'll support. there are plenty of people not friends with them.

if its not pay to play, what are the real details? when we were asked to do it and stated we wouldnt pay to play, we werent allowed to be on the show and havent been asked again.

im not sure what your problem with my stance is, you see nothing wrong with those people not supporting my band or others for a simple reason like not liking the band. i have actual legit issues and they mean nothing? youre a confused person.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 pm

lets make this clear, i have nothing personally against any of the people in the bands or you or aaron. i really cant figure out why youre arguing against any of this.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:00 pm

I don't have a problem with you either, it's the fact that these guys HAVE in fact given you and Knuckled Down a chance (the ones that I stated) when pretty much no one besides maybe you and Mark have given them a legitimate chance and all that happens is shit talking.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:54 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:I don't have a problem with you either, it's the fact that these guys HAVE in fact given you and Knuckled Down a chance (the ones that I stated) when pretty much no one besides maybe you and Mark have given them a legitimate chance and all that happens is shit talking.
i get that. point taken.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:57 pm

A story: Over the summer I was walking downtown after work and happened by the mews waiting for Dirty to open the lift. I saw a bunch of people outside the mews. Decided to walk by. I saw a buddy and we couldnt figure out who was playin but figured it was some tough guy metal cause they're were a bunch of scrawny lookin dudes with vaginas for earlobes. It was a Stand United show. Never heard of 'em. Still haven't. Tough guy metal = DO NOT WANT.

I was always under the impression Animal Mothers was a joke.

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Beaver wrote:A story: Over the summer I was walking downtown after work and happened by the mews waiting for Dirty to open the lift. I saw a bunch of people outside the mews. Decided to walk by. I saw a buddy and we couldnt figure out who was playin but figured it was some tough guy metal cause they're were a bunch of scrawny lookin dudes with vaginas for earlobes. It was a Stand United show. Never heard of 'em. Still haven't. Tough guy metal = DO NOT WANT.

I was always under the impression Animal Mothers was a joke.
fuck you, fight me.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:27 pm

So did this album get uploaded or what?

-Joe.

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 pm

stand united doesn't support file sharing joe.

sams

Post by sams » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:37 am

I'd love to chime in, although I really have nothing to do with this show.

I don't do local only shows, mainly because if you are in a local band you should be booking your own shows. BUT, I do put locals on bigger shows and the majority of the time they will sell tickets. Let me explain why:

There are VERY few locals who promote the shows they are added to. If all locals treated the show like one of the shows they set up themselves then we wouldn't have to sell tickets. But, the majority of the time the local sees it as an opportunity to pay for the touring band's crowd. Although that is a part of it, the promoter is also depending on you to bring your fans. It should be no problem to get 25-50 people out to see you play with a bigger band. I will venture to say that any show with locals selling tickets are NOT shows the promoter is making money on. More than likely they are losing money on the shows. Also, the local gets $2 for each ticket they sell. More than fair. You really shouldn't be getting paid, unless you are bringing people.

And now lets go over the "padding the pockets of the promoters" comment. This is the opposite of true. I lose money overall on punk/hardcore. Here are some examples:

Social Distortion : $10,000 loss
Propagandhi: $2000 loss (mind you the locals still got paid and DIDN'T have to sell tickets. No thank-you's either, yeah I really get my dick suckkkkked)
Sick of it All : $1000 loss
Metal overall: $20,000+ loss

I book the bands because either I like them or I care about building bands and genres in the market. Music doesn't have to be good for me to like it. I get just as much enjoyment out of a room full of kids singing a long to a shitty band as I do seeing a band I know all the lyrics to playing to the 50 remaining fans in town.

At the end of the day, whether you like it or not, music is a business. I understand there is a delicate balance between the business and the art, but you can't deny that money is the only practical way to keep bands touring. Whether it is gathering donations at the door for the band to try and make it to the next town or paying AC/DC a cool mill to get their 60 Buses/Semis to the next Arena. It's all music and neither way is wrong or lame in my book.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Well i have talked to people in the know and to jordan p. There were a lot of details i wasnt aware of and now i feel like an idiot. This isnt the first time ive ran off at the mouth and it pribably wont be the last. Public shittalking calls for public apologies. Im sorry for what i said.

Thats it. Commence shittalking on me.
Last edited by Bullet Tooth on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:15 pm

KICK HIM OUT OF KNUCKLED DOWN

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:43 am

some one should post the quick fix 7 inch on here.