Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

MATT MUTT

Re: The Underground

Post by MATT MUTT » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm

No, that band is actually a SkatePunk/Thrash band from KC,MO.

Nam

Post by Nam » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:09 pm

where is that place? i cannot find
blah

MATT MUTT

Post by MATT MUTT » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 pm

It's easy to miss. Basically if your at Locust Tap look across the street at that building then walk straight at it till you reach the sidewalk on the other side of the street. look to your left and there is a stair case going into the sidewalk. go down those stairs and through the middle door.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 pm

After checking out some of these bands on MySpace, I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be a good deal of alcohol sold at The Underground tomorrow night!

I'll probably come out to this.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:32 pm

yes

MATT MUTT

Post by MATT MUTT » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:27 pm

Yes! This show will be awesome!

Remember doors open at 5:00pm - Music will start at exactly 7:15pm

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:35 am

Nick wrote:After checking out some of these bands on MySpace, I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be a good deal of alcohol sold at The Underground tomorrow night!

I'll probably come out to this.
Seriously, come out. I'll be there and I'm awesome.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:30 pm

MATT MUTT wrote:It's easy to miss. Basically if your at Locust Tap look across the street at that building then walk straight at it till you reach the sidewalk on the other side of the street. look to your left and there is a stair case going into the sidewalk. go down those stairs and through the middle door.
There is also the entrance on the other side of the building (facing Locust). This one looks like you'd be walking into the store on the ground level, but once you go in the doors, there is a wide set of stairs going down that will take you right into the Underground. There is also a sweet, old elevator you can take down in the same entrance if you are handicapped or too drunk to walk to the stairs.

But yeah, it can be hard to miss, as there are no signs or anything outside.

Nam

Post by Nam » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:49 am

that was fun
blah

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:31 pm

Good show, I think Leather Pants turn Matt Mutt into a rock star, Shred Scare fuckin ripped and did an awesome Misfits cover! This was a good turn out and The Underground is a pretty decent venue, now if we can get all ages shows there!

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Yeah, this was a blast. Shred Scare indeed fucking ruled. Picked up their CD e.p. and it owns. Definitely would like to see those dudes back again. Die Mutts killed it too!

Good shooting shit with Davo. Didn't see you there, Tim?

And yeah...it sounded a lot better down there than I expected it would, with all the concrete and brick. Was loud though. I should have brought earplugs. I too hope they'd be open to allowing all ages shows.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:51 am

This was a fun show, thanks for everyone who came out. It was good to see so many friends come out to support all these bands. It is easy to feel like no one gives a shit sometimes around here.

Also, who thinks Matt Mutt should be the new back up vocalist for the Torpedo Darlings?
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:37 am

Nick wrote:Didn't see you there, Tim?
Yeah sorry bout that, had every intention of being there. Got smashed on turkey the night before and while I thought I just had a bad hangover it turns out I've got the flu. Also I'm never posting that I'm coming to a show again, every time I do seems like something comes up that keeps me from going.

MATT MUTT

Post by MATT MUTT » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Well the bar did well and they asked me about setting up another soon. So I'm happy about that. I don't remember some of the last half of the night (bout the time I put the lethar pants on...."Thanks Rob Ogg!"). I want to thank everyone who came out and made this show a success! Aproximatly 50 people paid, just enough to pay the outta town bands, door guys, and buy me 2 shots!

Unfortunitally, there was talk of two bands never playing a show again, let's cross our fingers and hope it was just drunk talk.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:14 pm

The leather pants were pretty key!

And Jordan was quick to save the speakers when Matt went fell into them. Nice save. I thought they were gonna fall right on Matt!

I attempted to buy Matt a birthday shot, but I don't think he had any clue who I was and sort of just sneared at me.

MATT MUTT

Post by MATT MUTT » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:01 pm

haha, I don't mean to come off that way. I'm not sure If I know who you are or not? next time we're at the same show introduce yourself

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:11 pm

MATT MUTT wrote:haha, I don't mean to come off that way. I'm not sure If I know who you are or not? next time we're at the same show introduce yourself
Haha...no worries, dude. I didn't take offense to it or anything. You seemed like you were pretty lit up at that point anyway and were up by the bar (I think ordering shots) and talking with a buddy of yours. I attempted to introduce myself and buy you a shot, but it was really loud and you just sort of gave me this "who the hell are you look." I think I was wearing a black Fury 66 shirt if that rings a bell for you?

MATT MUTT

Post by MATT MUTT » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:51 pm

yeah it's not ringing a bell.