More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Nick

ATTN: vinyl nerds (auction alternative to eBay)

Post by Nick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:50 pm

This sounds like it will be a great alternative to eBay for buying and selling vinyl and other audio formats. It is strictly limited to "underground" music genres and there will be no fees, etc. like eBay. Anyway...I already reserved my screename and thought others would be interested in checking this out. I'd suggest watching the videos over on the blog site. I think this will rule if it takes off
Tom(my brother) and I(Nick) are about to launch the beta version of a new auction/community site that is geared towards collecting Vinyl, Tshirts, Prints, etc. Basically underground collectibles in the Punk, Hardcore, Indie, and Metal genres.

I've collected records since about 96/97 and obviously I love ebay. No doubt about it, it's amazing. But it's amazing cause it's the only thing out there. They also charge you like they're the only thing out there. The money you have to spend to sell something on ebay is out of hand, and Tom and I wanted to do something about it. Our site will be free. If you want to auction a bunch of records, go on there and do it. If you want to have a list and offer things up for trade or sale, just put it up there and go for it. There's no end of auction fees, there's no posting fees. We're collectors who miss a place like Skylab where you could just go, and the stuff you listened was right there. You didn't have to sift through 50 copies of Hall and Oates just to find one copy of H2O S/T. That's what we want and that's what we've made.

If you're interested in checking this out, and you don't mind my LI accent, then you can head to http://blog.limitedpressing.com which is our update/news blog. I've put together a bunch of screencasts for some of the features we have on the site. I think if you're into collecting you'll think it's pretty innovative, nerdy, but innovative. If you're still interested after hearing my accent, then you could reserve your username/sign up for the beta. That's here http://limitedpressing.com. The beta launches this Sunday, Oct. 4th. Meaning that's when we start inviting people. I'm happy to say we have a lot of names right now, but we're going to get people in as quick as possible. Our actual public launch is Halloween weekend, but if you sign up for the beta, you'll be in way before that. Like weeks before, not days.

I would love to hear any ideas you guys have. If you're super stoked about something drop me a PM or an email at Nick@limitedpressing.com. I really appreciate you taking the time to read this long post. Thanks!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Re: ATTN: vinyl nerds (auction alternative to eBay)

Post by Joe » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:41 pm

This has been tried so many times in the past, it's PROBABLY not gonna work this time.

-Joe.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:50 pm

I agree, it's been something tried many times and failed. Like the guy even mentions...Skylab. But...this one seems to have some really fucking sweet features (like automatically updating your "record list" any time you buy/sell/trade an item). Anything is better than eBay as far as I'm concerned. Those fees are ridiculous.

I really hope this site gets wheels. It looks really clean and simple, yet very powerful and has lots of features. Looking forward to the beta.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:51 pm

If you haven't...you should check out the videos on the blog site. Pretty impressive.

http://blog.limitedpressing.com

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:17 am

If anyone reserved a screename and wants in on the beta opening on Sunday, I was told to get your username/e-mail that you signed up with and they'll try and make sure you get in on the beta to "kick the tires" and try out some of the features. PM me if interested.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:26 am

This site goes public in like 2 weeks, but if anyone wants in earlier, let me know.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:19 am

Goes public tonight I think? Check it out.

My partial tradelist is up: http://limitedpressing.com/collections/113

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Figured some people here might be interested in this. It's a Bathtub Shitter lot of 7 seven inch records. This shit will most likely go for pretty cheap, as this site is still new and there are not many bidders.

http://limitedpressing.com/auctions/472

kurtis
Represent!

Post by kurtis » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:02 pm

http://limitedpressing.com/auctions/555

this is the only record on there currently worth getting. That Dot (.) track is their most brutal to date. this record just rules.

The last site that went up that I thought was gonna do well I sold some stuff and ended up getting ripped off hard. Lost 2 copies of Buried At Sea - She Lived For Others... 12"s with one on grey. FUCK MISSING LINK RECORDS IN INDIANA AND THE BAND BLACK ARROWS OF FILTH AND IMPURITY!!!!!

Also, I will be releasing a split tape featuring Dot (.) and Su19b at the beginning of the new year.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:46 pm

This auction ends in like an hour and the high bid is currently only at $3, I bet you could get it for $3.50

http://limitedpressing.com/auctions/452

maxxwell
Always Touring

Post by maxxwell » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Recordnerd.com ?
iON TOUR MOSSSSSST OF THE TIME - http://www.myspace.com/senderreceiver

ImageImage

Darrin

Post by Darrin » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:30 pm

kurtis wrote:http://limitedpressing.com/auctions/555

this is the only record on there currently worth getting. That Dot (.) track is their most brutal to date. this record just rules.

The last site that went up that I thought was gonna do well I sold some stuff and ended up getting ripped off hard. Lost 2 copies of Buried At Sea - She Lived For Others... 12"s with one on grey. FUCK MISSING LINK RECORDS IN INDIANA AND THE BAND BLACK ARROWS OF FILTH AND IMPURITY!!!!!

Also, I will be releasing a split tape featuring Dot (.) and Su19b at the beginning of the new year.
Haha what's the story with Missing Link?

That fucking rules about the split tape, I've been listening to it a lot lately and was hoping it'd be released on something besides CD.

kurtis
Represent!

Post by kurtis » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:54 pm

dude won the copy on grey for fucking cheap. I accidently sent him my black copy. I sent him correct copy along with $5 to send the wrong one back. dude kept both and told me to fuck off. Yes, I did take awhile to send his correct copy and apoligized and kept in touch the whole time, totally not trying to rip him off.

so he got both copies for $20.

Sucks cause his band was actually pretty awesome.

Though I heard Missing Link was closing or was at least having problems

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:49 am

OH MYGOD THERE IS SO MUCH BULLSHIT IN THIS THREAD I DONT CARE TO READ.

have more kids you fucking yokels.

kurtis
Represent!

Post by kurtis » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 am

OKAY!

shut up

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 am

3 Brody's Militia 7"s up that will probably go cheap. Thought people here might be interested?

http://limitedpressing.com/auctions?c=& ... MILITIA&b=

Also...there is a Metallica "Whiplash" Pic Disc LP #'ed 16 up on there.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 pm

that $450 starting price on that metallica pic disc is a steal
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:01 pm

So, this site sucks? I was peepin it, there were a couple things. Seems kinda pricey though. I'd love to have that Piebald album, but the price seems high, and if the people on here are dicks, I don't care to spend money.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Thom wrote:So, this site sucks? I was peepin it, there were a couple things. Seems kinda pricey though. I'd love to have that Piebald album, but the price seems high, and if the people on here are dicks, I don't care to spend money.
I think the site sorta rules. I've made a lot of good trades and sold some shit (non-auction/Bartertown portion of the site) through it. There aren't many auctions right now, but there have been times with 20+ pages of stuff up for sale. Most goes relatively cheap too, if the starting price is low.

Oh, there is also a lot of Piebald stuff for trade or money offer on that site: http://limitedpressing.com/bartertown?c=&q=piebald
Last edited by Nick on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:13 pm

servo wrote:that $450 starting price on that metallica pic disc is a steal
I wanna say this is sarcasm, but I honestly have no clue what Metallica vinyl goes for? Shit seems outrageous to me.

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:26 pm

yo kurtis can you hook me up with some dot(.) tracks? i can't find anything on the interwebz for them